Airbus X Extended _ Liveries

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My final word on the subject is that you read the thread concerning Airbus liveries in the tweaking section following the link provided by Kyle above , especially posts # 930 , 931 , 932 , 933 , 935 , 937 , 938 and 939 .

In the AirbusX liveries section there are approx 450 paints that work perfectly well in the Extended with a little work for the downloader but the amount of work is no more than any another repaint that has to be installed by hand .

The major " problem " with Frontier paints is the tailfin , as this requires high resolution photographs of both sides ( taken at right angles and the same height to rule out perspective ie. stretching ) to < CUT > and < PASTE > into the repaint to give the same result in the sim as in real life , this cannot be hand drawn without hours ( read weeks ) of work for each aircraft , just be happy that JanKees did find enough material to make the four repaints that he made .

John Glanville

@jetsflier

This was my reply to fft34 in the topic he started .

Also the link shows you the tail art for the Frontier fleet but is unusable as 1) they are too small , 2) they only show one side , 3) they have lettering written through thje photograph which would have to be removed .

@beck86

The Edelweiss livery was included in the Extended download , just reinstall .

John

Don't know why people assume that I have stopped making repaints for the AirbusX ( Extended ) , I just will not be uploading them here .

When the AirbusX was released JanKees and myself uploaded nearly 80 repaints between us 1 day after it was released . This meant creating the readme text file , the aircraft.cfg entry and thumbnail for each aircraft one by one . We were not informed by Aerosoft that the release was to be made ( we ourselves had a very basic Beta model which we could not really fly , just use to check our paintwork ) . This meant that we could not check our repaints in the release version before uploading our work .To our dismay the only feedback we recieved were complaints that even though we had repaints of airlines from most if not all continents it wasn't enough as someones " favourite " airline wasn't available as a download .

Just an example . Does anyone know who Helapin is ? He also uploaded several repaints for the AirbusX including a couple of retro liveries ( which ones ? - that's why there is a search function ) .

I constantly read on the forums that people " cannot " find certain liveries whereas I seem to have no problem finding them and not just my own work and if the search function doesn't work then I go through all the pages one by one and that for the AirbusX and Extended versions .

All of the AirbusX repaints uploaded by JanKees', Helapin and others , function perfectly well in the Extended version , something that has been asked and answered several times by me and others .

After nearly 80 repaints( I uploaded more repaints for the Extended since it's release than the AirbusX ) plus several that were being worked on such as the entire Aer Lingus fleet ( for the release of Aerosoft's Dublin , 30 liveries ) ) , BA Landor livery , British Caledonian ( another 20 liveries ) , Sichuan ( sharklets and finally Volaris ( sharklets ) 3 liveries will be uploaded but you will have to search for them , or wait for Holgi to make them .

I have suggested ( several times ) that Aerosoft place a text on the AirbusX repaints page stating that the repaints work in the Extended but this hasn't happened .

Also any advice that I have given regarding repaints has either been ignored or just not read correctly . I converted my own AirbusX repaints just by simply copying all texture files and aircraft.cfg entries for each type and a texture.cfg from the same type and they all worked . Adding the VC textures was the only real work involved .

This just leads me to the conclusion that my opinions and " expertise " do not count for much here on the forum and that is why I removed my repaints , nearly 80 and more than 26000 downloads ( yes I finally counted them ) .

John

So, did you upload the Virgin Atlantic somewhere else? or you just removed them?

I returned to Holland this early morning from the UK after attending a ( family ) funeral , so you might understand that flight sim or repaints are not exactly top of my list at the moment .

I only posted my answer above before any ( false ) rumours start about the reason I removed my repiants ( which I have every right to do ) .

To make it clear , I removed my repaints because even after making several request repaints , helping others with their " problems " , the same requests ( sometimes by the same people ) are made again and again , even after the question has been answered ( and the solution ) though apparently not to their satisfaction and that by repeating their " request " it will be fullfilled . Someone even voted down an answer I gave helping another member , which lead me to believe as I posted earlier that my input here on the forum was not worth much , if anything at all .

As I spend a great majority of my FREE time making Airbus repaints then it is logical that I use that FREE time for something that gives me satisfaction . Maybe some of the people here should actually try painting some of their " requests " themselves to find out exactly what is needed to make a repaint or discover how much time it would take , instead of expecting it to be finished yesterday . And that includes Frontier .

I never expected compliments , or a pat on the back from the forum users or Aerosoft , so I wasn't disappointed when that didn't happen , it is just the attitude of some members . Maybe it's the few that ruin it for the many but I would rather " waste " my time where it is appreciated .

All ( removed ) repaints will be uploaded in the near future to one of the major flightsim sites , where I have already uploaded all my AirbusX repaints that were " upgraded " to the Extended version . The repaints themselves will however have to be installed by hand as I will have to create a seperate readme file for each repaint .

I haven't left , will still be painting the Airbus and still be visiting the forum but as my mother would say " If you have nothing to say , say nothing " .

John

I returned to Holland this early morning from the UK after attending a ( family ) funeral , so you might understand that flight sim or repaints are not exactly top of my list at the moment .

I only posted my answer above before any ( false ) rumours start about the reason I removed my repiants ( which I have every right to do ) .

To make it clear , I removed my repaints because even after making several request repaints , helping others with their " problems " , the same requests ( sometimes by the same people ) are made again and again , even after the question has been answered ( and the solution ) though apparently not to their satisfaction and that by repeating their " request " it will be fullfilled . Someone even voted down an answer I gave helping another member , which lead me to believe as I posted earlier that my input here on the forum was not worth much , if anything at all .

As I spend a great majority of my FREE time making Airbus repaints then it is logical that I use that FREE time for something that gives me satisfaction . Maybe some of the people here should actually try painting some of their " requests " themselves to find out exactly what is needed to make a repaint or discover how much time it would take , instead of expecting it to be finished yesterday . And that includes Frontier .

I never expected compliments , or a pat on the back from the forum users or Aerosoft , so I wasn't disappointed when that didn't happen , it is just the attitude of some members . Maybe it's the few that ruin it for the many but I would rather " waste " my time where it is appreciated .

All ( removed ) repaints will be uploaded in the near future to one of the major flightsim sites , where I have already uploaded all my AirbusX repaints that were " upgraded " to the Extended version . The repaints themselves will however have to be installed by hand as I will have to create a seperate readme file for each repaint .

I haven't left , will still be painting the Airbus and still be visiting the forum but as my mother would say " If you have nothing to say , say nothing " .

John

okay thanks for explaining, it was just too good repaints to be removed and never see again!

@ jetsflier ,

I have written earlier that JanKees Blom made 4 Frontier paints but discovered that he actually made 5 repaints for the AirbusX .

They are N201FR Caribou , N202FR Ram , N203FR Horse , N204FR Eagle and N205FR Orca .

John

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you look on the download section there should be a MON A320 with sharklets

I really would love a new MON A321 livery.

Any i idea when we will get the MON A321 i no you are very busy painting other requests from people. Thanks for all the work

... I hope you like it!

A321_IAE_MONARCH_G-OZBZ-1.jpg

[download]

@ Mathijs Kok ,

I tried to answer your email ( in Dutch ) but it requires a digital-id to reply , and sending you a Personal Message will most likely not get through either , due to the amount of messages you no doubt receive daily . If there is another method to reply to your message a PM here could be a possible solution .

John Glanville

@ Mathijs Kok ,

I tried to answer your email ( in Dutch ) but it requires a digital-id to reply , and sending you a Personal Message will most likely not get through either , due to the amount of messages you no doubt receive daily . If there is another method to reply to your message a PM here could be a possible solution .

John Glanville

Hey John,

Mathijs is pretty good about getting forum PM's, so I would imagine you'll get a reply sometime this week if you sent him one.

• Aerosoft

@ Mathijs Kok ,

John Glanville

Got it John, I'll reply this evening.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can we get this painted for the A320? EasyJet UNICEF G-EZIO I know its for the A319 but it would be nice on the A320

COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL DELETED

I make this repaint for the new A319 ... Ok?

• Aerosoft

Okay, after some reflection and reading up on emails from way back I understand the complaints stated by John. See he is just right. This is what I just send him by email (translated as I wrote him in Dutch).

John, looking back I think you are right, it could and should have been handled different. I believe there are two main reasons why things went wrong, first of all this was the first project where repaints played such an important role. Secondly I was just dead tired when it mattered most for this aspect (and I am only I am responsible for this). And just when you think you can relax a bit after release you find out it sells way more then expected and you get way more support to handle than expected. Clearly it would have been better to handle this before release or to assign one of our staff to this aspect. A learning experience and for the CRJ we will do better.

I apologize, hope you will reconsider and I hope you allow me to buy you a beer at the Lelystad show.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

someone makes livery for virtual airlines?

Thanks very much

Yes ... if you can wait a little bit ... I can do that ...

(what I need are the logos and your design ...)

Recently some one posted some screens of a flight they made with the US Airways paint . Looking at the screenshots I noticed that the underwing registration ( not normally used on American aircraft ) was from the Iberia paint . During further research I discovered that the wingtip fences were not painted and the flag logo was missing ( due to the fact that they are on the same wing texture sheets ) . , also the inner pylons are painted with a red tip . The US Airways textures are the same for the AirbusX and the Extended versions . I offered to help replace the textures for the poster on AVSIM but maybe others would like to have them also .

Here are the screenshots to illustrate :

post-29473-0-99958600-1378309163_thumb.j post-29473-0-87425300-1378309174_thumb.j

John

Archived