Airbus X Extended _ Liveries

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When looking for photo's of certain aircraft / airlines you don't always find what you want but then sometimes you do as with British Caledonian . No highly detailed ( high resolution ) and scanned ( badly ) from colour slides even the colours where difficult to select , especially when enlarging for details .

It turns out that B Cal had orginally ordered 10 Airbusses and would have been registered as G-BRSA through G-BSRJ but when merged into the British Airways fleet became G-BUSB through G-BUSK . Several aircraft were painted in British Caledonian colours with pre-delivery French registrations but never flew . One aircraft even had a B Cal / Air France livery painted that did fly but unfortunately I could not find any pictures to confirm .

Here are some screens of the B Cal paintscheme ( no registration ) and " WORK IN PROGRESS " .

post-29473-0-73947400-1369475722_thumb.j post-29473-0-58169800-1369475736_thumb.j post-29473-0-95443200-1369475742_thumb.j

post-29473-0-28244000-1369475749_thumb.j post-29473-0-99038100-1369475756_thumb.j post-29473-0-45608800-1369475765_thumb.j

post-29473-0-66316600-1369475772_thumb.j

John

• Deputy Sheriffs

When looking for photo's of certain aircraft / airlines you don't always find what you want but then sometimes you do as with British Caledonian . No highly detailed ( high resolution ) and scanned ( badly ) from colour slides even the colours where difficult to select , especially when enlarging for details .

It turns out that B Cal had orginally ordered 10 Airbusses and would have been registered as G-BRSA through G-BSRJ but when merged into the British Airways fleet became G-BUSB through G-BUSK . Several aircraft were painted in British Caledonian colours with pre-delivery French registrations but never flew . One aircraft even had a B Cal / Air France livery painted that did fly but unfortunately I could not find any pictures to confirm .

Here are some screens of the B Cal paintscheme ( no registration ) and " WORK IN PROGRESS " .

attachicon.gifBCal a.jpg attachicon.gifBCal b.jpg attachicon.gifBCal c.jpg

attachicon.gifBCal d.jpg attachicon.gifBCal e.jpg attachicon.gifBCal f.jpg

attachicon.gifBCal g.jpg

John

Great work John!

Thanks Holgi , maybe that paints such as B Cal are not " popular " but it does represent the history of the Airbus . After ordering 10 A320's ( the first being number 6 off the production line ) the company lost certain routes and with money worries had to merge with BA . Several aircraft had already been painted but sadly most ( or all ) never got to fly and were then repainted in the BA Landor paintscheme which I personally prefer to the current scheme . Maybe time for some of the " painted tails " if I can find any detailed pictures .

Pity that I couldn't find any more info on the B Cal / Air France livery as they are interesting paintschemes as well ( KLM / NorthWest MD11 / DC10 and KLM / Air France DC3 to name a couple ) .

John

attachicon.gifBCal a.jpg attachicon.gifBCal b.jpg attachicon.gifBCal c.jpg

attachicon.gifBCal d.jpg attachicon.gifBCal e.jpg attachicon.gifBCal f.jpg

attachicon.gifBCal g.jpg

John

Beautiful work. First class. The scheme brings back a lot of memories.

Currently trying to get the cheatlines in the tail section to look right . I am sure Holgi will agree that lines in the nose and tail sections are the worst to show correctly in the sim . From a distance everything looks okay but when " rivet counting " all kinds of weird things appear . It's a curved surface and a 1 pixel dot is stretched to at least twice its size and a half pixel doesn't exist . Same applies to the BA Landor livery shown earlier .

Was able to find all SELCAL codes for the BA registrations - even the ones that were scrapped .

John

• Deputy Sheriffs

Currently trying to get the cheatlines in the tail section to look right . I am sure Holgi will agree that lines in the nose and tail sections are the worst to show correctly in the sim . From a distance everything looks okay but when " rivet counting " all kinds of weird things appear . It's a curved surface and a 1 pixel dot is stretched to at least twice its size and a half pixel doesn't exist . Same applies to the BA Landor livery shown earlier .

Was able to find all SELCAL codes for the BA registrations - even the ones that were scrapped .

John

Oh yes John, I can remember me that I needed a week for one line in the nose ...
- and this is not an isolated case!

Hi I'm a new Airbus X Extended user having just bought it.

I notice that when going to spot view, which I like to do occasionally, the livery textures are slow to fill in. I have a Geforce GTX550Ti card with 1GB of RAM so would not have expected a problem. I don't have this problem with my PMDG aircraft.

I notice that these textures are dds. With the older bmp files I could reduce them in size. Is there any way to do this with dds textures?

Thanks

Iain Smith

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello all...

Woul like to request this...

COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL DELETED

COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL DELETED

Know it is an exotic one, no many fans, but.... Is the one I fly...

Thank you

Archived