Bad textures for De-icing Spray

WingZ

Well, it used to work fine, was ruined in one of the releases some time back, then fixed subsequently, now ruined again.

I'm wondering if there is a texture that could be plugged back in from one that did work.

And if not, could we please get back one that DOES work, in the next release?

I have supported this product for a very long time, and am disappointed that it looks worse than when I first bought it.

Hi, WingZ!

I understand your frustration and let's see what Oliver says when he comes by.

Anyway, don't worry about this fluid too much. Except for that I still think AES stuff looks better now than when you bought it! :P

Ah! I didn't realise he is away...

Except for that I still think AES stuff looks better now than when you bought it!

More the frustration then, as the rest gets better, to go backward in this small but irritating detail!

I would not have raised the matter, if it weren't for the fact that the season is upon us, when many of my favourite airports offer the de-icing option.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Oliver thank you for addressing the problem in the latest release.

As you point out in the release note, it is something of a compromise.

If I remember correctly, the issue is with FSX and the way its engine works.

I am sure in FS9 we previously had a very satisfactory spray effect!

I am hoping it may still be possible to reinstate that effect for FS9.

FSX users must be satisfied with the compromise, because that sim version cannot produce a decent effect.

Or otherwise just take it out altogether...

Archived