AES 2.25 F8 - Move Aircraft to exact Parkposition don't work

CurtS

Hi,

After an upgrade to AES 2.25 the function F8 - Move Aircraft to exact Parkposition don't work.

If I push F8 I get Request Follwme to Postion GATE 1.

Any ideas?

/Curt

Removed AES from FSX, deleted folders. Could not find any uninstall for AES!?

Installed a fresh copy, but the problem is still there.

I'm at ESSA, gate 11.

/Curt

• Developer

Did the aircraft moved in any form? There is a small change in this function in AES (see Release note), possible that here is an issue in some special cases. I will check the Gate 11 in ESSA, but need some time here.

Maybe you can use the Slew Mode instead until it is fixed.

Did the aircraft moved in any form? There is a small change in this function in AES (see Release note), possible that here is an issue in some special cases. I will check the Gate 11 in ESSA, but need some time here.

I don't think it moved. It's not a big problem, so I can live with it for the time beeing.

/Curt

• Developer

Ok, had checked it, not seen this issue. Will fix it, when I am back from a trip.

Maybe two thing can help: How did younenter the position before? Via menu are taxi into?

Was the engine off, before you press F8?

Did the process at the gate starts before you press F8? (Blocks at position)

Maybe two thing can help: How did younenter the position before? Via menu are taxi into?

Was the engine off, before you press F8?

Did the process at the gate starts before you press F8? (Blocks at position)

Hello Oliver, for me ...I selected the airport/gate from the FS menu. Engines were off and blocks in position before I pressed F8

Q: How did you enter the position before? A: Via saved default flight with Trike @ Engm gate 13 and thereafter aircraft changed to Pmdg B737ngx. Like I always do.

Q: Was the engine off, before you press F8? A: Yes.

Q: Did the process at the gate start before you press F8? (Blocks at position) A: Yes.

Got the same Problem on any airports of the world, supported by Aerosoft AES 2.25!

The Sounds: "Push the parking break" before I got pushed back, don't work either!

There's a major issue on that new AES Version... but I really hope all the Bugs will be fixed in near future...

Second Issue I think, is, the Refueling Car could be a little bit more near the WIngs of the aircraft when it got refueled,..

Sometimes the Refuel Car is far away from the aircraft... what doesn't look verry realistic... and it would be nice too, if you could give him a Man who

does work on it... like you did it for the Catering Cars... Just as an Idea for your next versions of AES!

Thanks a lot in advance!

I can also confirm this.

It just happened with an PMDG 737-900 NGX at Larnaca's gate 45. I got there by the FSX menu and pressed F8 after I heard the "blocks in position".

During the weekend, I hope to test this with other planes, to see if it's plane-specific.

PS: Once F8 is pressed, AES considers you far away from any gate, and the only way to fix this is to press ESC and load the flight from scratch.

What I had seen shortly... just someday's ago, was: when I get into position with my plane, and then would be pushed into the right position with AES, I press on F8. What happens is, AES takes my plane into the Terminal Building... as I was using a Boeing 767-300F from Skyspirit2010 at Stuttgart (EDDS) Cargo Terminal. Is this AES specific or is it an Afcad Issue?

I did had the same problem on EDDB, there was no sound anymore.

I got also the message increase or decrease.

I did try to release the parkingbrake and yes the pushback was starting without any conformation.

It seems that when pressing F8 (to get to the correct parking position) one of two things happen:

- if parking brake not on -> the follow me window appears

- if p.b. on -> pushback is started

Are you having the same behavior?

I can confirm this doesn't appear to be aircraft or airport specific as well.

Can someone please confirm if this has been addressed. I will not upgrade to 2.25 as I use F8 and move to exact parking position frequently...

Thank you,

-Paul

Can someone please confirm if this has been addressed. I will not upgrade to 2.25 as I use F8 and move to exact parking position frequently...

Thank you,

-Paul

No it hasn't been addressed. The issue still exists.

That is a shame, I am still waiting to be able to use OMDB and 2.25 until this is fixed. KEWR has a particularly bad Afcad and I use F8 and Move to exact parking position almost every flight...

Oliver, are you back from vacation? Any updates?

Thank you as always

• 1 month later...

The function works ok in 2.25 here if I ignore the Follow Me menu which pops up when you hit F8.

Just follow the usual sequence. Marshaller still calls: "release brakes", press period, a/c moves and stops, Marshaller calls: "set brakes", press ctrl-period.

Curious for 2.26 now :glare_s:

The function works ok in 2.25 here if I ignore the Follow Me menu which pops up when you hit F8.

Just follow the usual sequence. Marshaller still calls: "release brakes", press period, a/c moves and stops, Marshaller calls: "set brakes", press ctrl-period.

Curious for 2.26 now :glare_s:

Thanks!

Yes, this will work until Aerosoft has solved this.

/Curt

• 2 weeks later...

It's been nearly two months now, since this serious issue exists, with 2.25.

Is there any resolution-fix in the horizon?

In the meantime, I would suggest that the best solution for this, would be to re-inject the old (up to 2.24) code, that works flawlessly.

Archived