Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

As Mathijs already mentioned it got something to do with AES. It seems that it depends on the parking position: If at a gate the GPU is at least placed in a way that it wan't conflict with the baggage loader (see pictures above). Parked on a ramp it seems to look different. Maybe Oliver has to take care of this.

Seems (more or less) OK on the A320 though.. Suppose it could be placed in the same place. without interfering with AES...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if it was discussed before, but will the flight instruments run smooth in the final version?

The description says that many instruments are programmed in xml. A long time ago (in the times of FS9) I heard that xml-gauges can't run smooth (I think it was something with flood numbers...)

In fact I discovered in several videos of the A320 X and A320 X Extended beta, where it seems that the PFD isn't running smoothly. Not because of the overall FPS, it seems to be the display itself.

Especially in the following video the "stuttering" of the speed-tape and the heading-display in the PFD is clearly visible. Though the ND seems to be running smoothly. (It starts at 2:00)

I know, the A320 X Extended is still in beta, but will this be changed?

Or is it only a problem of the videos and not of the product? Because of this possibility all the "...seems..."

Kind regards

Kai

It will be a follow up on the Extended range. What we add new for that one we can retrofit on the Airbus X Extended then.

Thank you fr your reply, Mr Kok. Can't wait for that, really! :)

Hey Beta testers,

Can you answer one simple question? How do the ADIRS's behave? Is the alignment properly modelled (switch on to NAV, ON BAT appears for 5-8 seconds, and then you put the next ADIRS on Nav and so on)?

Regards,

Pere Duran

Hey Beta testers,

Can you answer one simple question? How do the ADIRS's behave? Is the alignment properly modelled (switch on to NAV, ON BAT appears for 5-8 seconds, and then you put the next ADIRS on Nav and so on)?

Regards,

Pere Duran

I think you can align them all at once. At least that's what i saw in the WIP videos.

Cheers!

I think you can align them all at once. At least that's what i saw in the WIP videos.

Cheers!

I did notice that and that's why i'm asking. In my opinion, it should be modelled as close to the real thing as possible.

Regards,

Pere Duran

The GPU is really positioned quite..curiously...

I suppose you have available a copy of Ground Operations Manual for the Airbus, there should be a schematic with GPU position in it... if it is as shown here, then I have said nothing...

+1 it is quite simple the GPU connector is not in that area so this is just clearly a fault in the design that should be adressed.

Hey Beta testers,

Regards,

Pere Duran

If you turn the ADIRS on the ON BAT light will illuminate. Still it is possible to align all three INSses at the same time (and also to switch them all on at the same time I believe).

The alignment itself takes about 7 minutes which is quite realistic I think.

I don't think so... In the real Airbus it's actually very smooth. Anyone who's seen it live can agree with me.

I saw Airbus 320 cockpit before in the airshow. Pilots were demonstrating something.

I saw PFD and the speed numbers and heading numbers were changing very quickly.

It was not that smooth. I played a lot of FPS games. So Im sensitive about frame. I felt it's around 25~30 frames per second..

Agreed on the chocks, I already discussed that. The placement of the other objects is more or less determined by when AES needs access. I'll have a look though.

Hi Mathijs,

The chocks look good to me. I dont know if you can at this late stage, but is it possible to give an option of 2 sizes. The OP mentioned that in Europe the chocks are smaller and one wheel only. Maybe you can give an option of 2 sizes ;)

Just a thought !

Looking forward to the release.

Dinshaw.

This is kinda related to the A320.

I used to regularly visit a blog by an Airbus Captain in the US entitled Flight level 390. Wandered along for a look to see if it had been updated and found it gone. Very sad. The author always had a good presentation style and will be missed by me and many others I suspect.

If anyone knows where it has gone to, if relocated, please post the new URL

I don't know if it was discussed before, but will the flight instruments run smooth in the final version?

The description says that many instruments are programmed in xml. A long time ago (in the times of FS9) I heard that xml-gauges can't run smooth (I think it was something with flood numbers...)

In fact I discovered in several videos of the A320 X and A320 X Extended beta, where it seems that the PFD isn't running smoothly. Not because of the overall FPS, it seems to be the display itself.

Especially in the following video the "stuttering" of the speed-tape and the heading-display in the PFD is clearly visible. Though the ND seems to be running smoothly. (It starts at 2:00)

I know, the A320 X Extended is still in beta, but will this be changed?

Or is it only a problem of the videos and not of the product? Because of this possibility all the "...seems..."

Kind regards

Kai

I was told the ND was done in C++/D3D, while the PFD is an XML gauge. That may or may not be the problem here.

But I agree that this stuttering and jerky movement in the PFD should not appear.

It's been a while since I made the video but I suspect the stuttering has more to do with the lack of smoothing in my weather. When I'm back home I'll have a look at the raw footage. Also bare in mind that it's rendering two 3d windows whilst capturing the footage. That's never going to help.

I really don't envy Mathjis and the MCDU developer. as this issue has been a show stopper for the last 3 Months. wish you best of luck in solving it. sincerly

And if it delays to next 3 months There you go, next year comes.

A330!!!Dont make a huge project with A319/A318 etc.The Community dont need 3/4/5 Aircrafts in the Box like Abacus or JustFlight and co.

Make the A330 to one project.This Aircraft is very beautiful

Have a dream,A330 in da box from Aerosoft

Archived