Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

Go to the Project Airbus forum. The A330 and A340 are being developed there and it has a VC that will work with vasfmc. I know its not "Level-D" standard but it will be brilliant when Project Airbus finish the A330. There are preview pics of it in the forum.

But only until the Aerosoft one comes ;)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well put 2 other engines on it, and we´ll have an A340

But don't forget to weaken then ;)

The A340 has CFM56 under it's wings. The same engines than the 737 and the A320. It has a worse climb power than the A330. Many Airbuspilots prefer the A330 over the A340 for this reason.

I'm excited aboit this idea, but you should really (i mean... reeeeally ;) ) consider the idea of putting all you ressources on the current project before thinking about other future projects (Not to offend you)

An A330-200/300 and A340-300/600 would be cool anyways.

I'm excited aboit this idea, but you should really (i mean... reeeeally ;) ) consider the idea of putting all you ressources on the current project before thinking about other future projects (Not to offend you)

An A330-200/300 and A340-300/600 would be cool anyways.

Don't worry, they are. That's why Mathijs hinted at next year ;)

MAthjissss, A340 with all the extended features plus Taxi Cam , Terrain on ND and weather radar, although i know that you hate when anyone recalls the weather radar and i know its not feasible in fsx but just an eye candy and drop in frames :P are u going to open A340 forum :P... and a330 cant wait for it. it would be a hit , a real hit :)

Hi guys

well, all this comments about A330 and A340 are very nice!!

Oh men, I can`t think about it right now, it would be just incredible....

But: What about a release of A320 and A321 first of all?

A nice evening to everybody!

Best regards,

Remo

+1 for the A330 and A340, if Aerosoft would do those like they have done the 320 I would open my wallet and say "take what you need", then throw money at my monitor until it is released......not really, but I would happily (and quickly) type my credit info on day one.

Gents let's try to stay on topic. We do not have any release news to share and though we might have next week or not, it all depends on the code we have. Believe me, if we have news we can share it will be online in minutes.

Btw, if you want news... It seems silly as we have not delivered the current product but we are now seriously considering expanding to A318/319/330 next year. There is some professional demand that makes this more likely.

Dreams are dreams Mr. Kok :-)

Release the Extendet and then we can talk about your plans.

Btw, if you want news... It seems silly as we have not delivered the current product but we are now seriously considering expanding to A318/319/330 next year. There is some professional demand that makes this more likely.

It's sounds logical Mathijs. With this 320 Extended, we all know and feel that you have mastered in designing, producing and developing a very good and high quality addon. So you already have the basis (and the advantage over your competitors) so it'd be quite 'easy' to develop similar planes (twin engine Airbus) you almost have to change nothing but exterior model, weights, performance and a few buttons.

Good AS team, good...

It's sounds logical Mathijs. With this 320 Extended, we all know and feel that you have mastered in designing, producing and developing a very good and high quality addon. So you already have the basis (and the advantage over your competitors) so it'd be quite 'easy' to develop similar planes (twin engine Airbus) you almost have to change nothing but exterior model, weights, performance and a few buttons.

Good AS team, good...

yeah, but maybe then in a 60 or 70 € range, why not

take your time but please do it like real aircraft, just dont mind about price :) well, me, i dont realy look at price unless the prudct is so good and i am not rich at all, i just dont buy a well made realistic aircraft everyday. :big_boss_s:

Dreams are dreams Mr. Kok :-)

Release the Extendet and then we can talk about your plans.

Should provide a suitable distraction from the 320 for the fan-club for a while

I have 2 questions:

-does manual contain polish language?

-MCDU via browser - am I correct this feature will be work not only on tablets, but on android smartphone (HTC OneX) too? (do you have any screenshots from mobile browser?)

Im considering buying PMDG 737or this Airbus and MCDU feature is pushing me to buy A320 =)

I have 2 questions:

-MCDU via browser - am I correct this feature will be work not only on tablets, but on android smartphone (HTC OneX) too? (do you have any screenshots from mobile browser?)

Im considering buying PMDG 737or this Airbus and MCDU feature is pushing me to buy A320 =)

It's web browser based, so should work on any device that has a web browser. :)

I have 2 questions:

It's web browser based, so should work on any device that has a web browser. :)

Indeed, pretty much anything will work as long as it has a basic web browser. For instance, on my iPhone, with Safari, I can bring up my MCDU.

Here is the Polish Step by Step Manual: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20062954/Vol6-StepbyStep%20PL.pdf

A318, A319 and A330 make economic sense.

A great deal of work will have been done in producing the a320/321 and given the likely cost overuns caused by the MCDU issues what better way to recoup some costs by producing a model, tweaking the .air file (and obviously other bits) and marketing something many want. I would buy it for the A330 alone.

Here's a picture from a test flight from this morning. Düsseldorf-Helsinki-Düsseldorf in the A321.

I'd like to give you a little report on how things on this flight are going:

So while I'm getting OOMs everytime approaching there in the 737 or DC9 the Airbus in the first plane I can use to fly to Helsinki without the OOM issue. Also I'm getting a few frames more than in the NGX. While I'd get about 17fps in the 737NGX I get about 20 in the Airbus X Extended.

Now about Bugfixing: While flying the fist flight from Düsseldorf to Helsinki I did not have any problems on my Navigation Display. Everything looked just as it should!

On the return flight things did not go so well sadly. I'll also attach a screenshot of the Nav Display and the route line on my second waypoint (for the first it looked the same by the way, but strangly not on the SID). Notice that the curve next to the waypoint PEVEN is slightly misplaced to the left. But don't worry, we're not holding the release because of this issue. The real problem is something different on ARC approaches. Maybe I'll show you a picture of this lateron, but now first of all I have to get to Düsseldorf. Still about 1:40 hours left to get there. My next flight will lead me to Olbia Costa Smeralda (LIEO) then. This airport offers a wonderful ARC approach to test if it's working now or not.

Ok enough talking now, so here are the two pictures:

post-29921-0-46534000-1352621692_thumb.j

post-29921-0-57741800-1352621741_thumb.j

Here's a picture from a test flight from this morning. Düsseldorf-Helsinki-Düsseldorf in the A321.

I'd like to give you a little report on how things on this flight are going:

So while I'm getting OOMs everytime approaching there in the 737 or DC9 the Airbus in the first plane I can use to fly to Helsinki without the OOM issue. Also I'm getting a few frames more than in the NGX. While I'd get about 17fps in the 737NGX I get about 20 in the Airbus X Extended.

Now about Bugfixing: While flying the fist flight from Düsseldorf to Helsinki I did not have any problems on my Navigation Display. Everything looked just as it should!

On the return flight things did not go so well sadly. I'll also attach a screenshot of the Nav Display and the route line on my second waypoint (for the first it looked the same by the way, but strangly not on the SID). Notice that the curve next to the waypoint PEVEN is slightly misplaced to the left. But don't worry, we're not holding the release because of this issue. The real problem is something different on ARC approaches. Maybe I'll show you a picture of this lateron, but now first of all I have to get to Düsseldorf. Still about 1:40 hours left to get there. My next flight will lead me to Olbia Costa Smeralda (LIEO) then. This airport offers a wonderful ARC approach to test if it's working now or not.

Ok enough talking now, so here are the two pictures:

post-29921-0-46534000-1352621692_thumb.j

post-29921-0-57741800-1352621741_thumb.j

Emanuel - the reason the line is not directly over the on the 2nd waypoint is because it not defined as a 'overfly' waypoint. The FMGS just make the flightpath close to the point because of this. It normal.

Regards

Jesper

Archived