Talk to the management? Here's your chance...

• Aerosoft

Sorry I have talked with Christian and he has posted it one time and have then refreshed his Browser many times.

If it come to doubleposts or more he will say "Im sorry" to all people.

And here the Thread who will be Closed ad the Middle so that i have posted this topic here.

http://forum.aerosof...nded-ausgehend/

The Thread would then reopend and is now finally closed.

I think it 's good so at the Moment cause all Position's are cleared in this Thread.

Torsten

But what purpose would opening that topic do? There IS no virus in those files and keeping a topic like that active scares people and is pretty bad for our business. No matter what we say there are always people who will be scared, they talk to other people etc etc.That's why we always take these things very serious, alert a lot of people to check the files but when we are sure there is no problem we always try to flush these posts as fast as possible. Deleting them would not be right but closing them to make them makes a lot of sense.

The poster even suggested that we ask people to disable virus scanner so we can spread viruses "Ist DAS der Grund, warum ich meinen Virenscan ausschalten sollte?????????????????????????". Perhaps he did not intend to do so, but the text is there and it is very offensive. It could be the poster is very young and does not understand that things like this are just not acceptable. If he would apologize for that I would most certainly consider re-instating his account. He can reach me at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com.

Just to be clear, in all the years we have published software we have never send out any damaging code, but we have had dozens of false positives. We always try to discuss these with the people who make the viruscanners but they never respond, even if they do us serious damage. For a company that tries to sell things online trust is hugely important. If customers do not trust us we suffer. The only scanner who never caused us any problems is Microsoft Security Essentials. And of all the scanners we know of it causes the least load on games.

• Upvote 2

I don't visit Aerosoft that often but I will now, what a breath of fresh air, seriously...when other companies are banning members just because they disagree with them Aerosoft is telling us "Ask what ever you want"..

I've been keeping an eye on XP-10 for awile now, I do not have it yet as I think it's not ready for me...getting closer though....they still have a lot of things to implement BUT they have a good engine by today's standard and because of that they are building around it from the ground up compare to P3D where they have to go back to basic (engine wise) to try to fix what's not working properly...

As of now scenery for XP-10 (unless I'm wrong) are converted scenery from FSX, so my question is this, will Aerosoft make 64-bit scenery from the ground up (no conversion) for XP-10 64-bit using all the possibility of the engine, what I'm looking for is eyes candy like never before on the same principal as your City X (including night textute...lol) ?

• Aerosoft

As of now scenery for XP-10 (unless I'm wrong) are converted scenery from FSX, so my question is this, will Aerosoft make 64-bit scenery from the ground up (no conversion) for XP-10 64-bit using all the possibility of the engine, what I'm looking for is eyes candy like never before on the same principal as your City X (including night textute...lol) ?

The XP scenery we do is NOT converted FSX material as we think that does not do justice to the new options of the sim. What we do is use the source material (so the 3d Max file etc) and rework it so it uses all XP options. I do not think there is something like 64 bit scenery though.

Good day Mathijs Kok . I was reading on one of the page's that you are still looking for some pilots to test out the otter. I am a captain on the twin otter and fly for a small cargo company based out of Toronto, and have 3000 hours under my belt. I was woundering i have time at night to do some Beta testing and would like to help out with some of my knowlege. Will you please consider me on part of your team. Thanks again . My system is an AMD XF6100 Video card is ATI 4650 8 gig of ram 24'' Acer Monitor. And Window's 7 / 64 bit

The XP scenery we do is NOT converted FSX material as we think that does not do justice to the new options of the sim. What we do is use the source material (so the 3d Max file etc) and rework it so it uses all XP options. I do not think there is something like 64 bit scenery though.

Thank you for your reply Mathijs, do I understand correctly that Aerosoft as no plan of making 64-bit sceneries for XP-10 right now, is this something already discussed internally, anything planned for the future about 64-bit sceneries for XP-10 from Aerosoft?

Alain

• Aerosoft

Thank you for your reply Mathijs, do I understand correctly that Aerosoft as no plan of making 64-bit sceneries for XP-10 right now, is this something already discussed internally, anything planned for the future about 64-bit sceneries for XP-10 from Aerosoft?

Alain

I am not sure what you mean with 64 bit scenery. As far as I know there is no difference between 32 and 64 bits in scenery.

• Aerosoft

Good day Mathijs Kok . I was reading on one of the page's that you are still looking for some pilots to test out the otter. I am a captain on the twin otter and fly for a small cargo company based out of Toronto, and have 3000 hours under my belt. I was woundering i have time at night to do some Beta testing and would like to help out with some of my knowlege. Will you please consider me on part of your team. Thanks again . My system is an AMD XF6100 Video card is ATI 4650 8 gig of ram 24'' Acer Monitor. And Window's 7 / 64 bit

Keith contact me on mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com please.

I am not sure what you mean with 64 bit scenery. As far as I know there is no difference between 32 and 64 bits in scenery.

Hi Mathijs, since XP-10 went 64-bit I guess there is a reason for that, the main one should be for the sim to be able to use more than 4GB of ram if necessary (using a 64-bit OS of course) so that developers can put more eye candy in their addons without reaching the usable memory limit set by the 32-bit sim, that is why I asked if Aerosoft will in the future make 64-bit addons, am I right by assuming that your are saying that 32-bit sceneries is the same as 64-bit ...how does this work?

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs, since XP-10 went 64-bit I guess there is a reason for that, the main one should be for the sim to be able to use more than 4GB of ram if necessary (using a 64-bit OS of course) so that developers can put more eye candy in their addons without reaching the usable memory limit set by the 32-bit sim, that is why I asked if Aerosoft will in the future make 64-bit addons, am I right by assuming that your are saying that 32-bit sceneries is the same as 64-bit ...how does this work?

64 bits just means that X-Plane is able to access more memory as you say, but increasing the detail level of scenery is not only a matter of file size, the computer also has to handle it. If you double the texture size, it quadruples the amount of pixels that have to be handled. We'll always will try use as much detail as possible, but that has little to do with 32/64 bits.

2. Harassment and bullying of other members of the community. One forum member sent me a private message that included the following: "I'm afraid if I voice my concerns with dmbusmc that I will be banned."

^_^ For obvious reasons I'll let Aerosoft address what you've said here and in the other thread, but since this one specifically involves me, I'll give a response. This actually gave me a chuckle. I have actually very very rarely ever banned or post-disabled anyone that was not a spambot. In the past 3 or 4 months, there is actually only one user who was an actual person who I personally post-disabled and banned, and that was for a heavy set of trolling and spamming. Most likely someone having a laugh, but doing so on every post he could get to (I think he got around 15 of the same thing in a row, and I only post-disabled him after I gave him 2 actual warnings, and 2 extra warnings on the threads he posted on). Sure, I'll hide certain posts if they're off-topic, unnecessarily rude, if they have cussing, or to consolidate a thread, but if they are of value, criticism or not, I would keep them. Ultimately it's not my decision anyways. But that's much different than actually banning anyone.

In all honesty (and I'd bet those around me might agree), you probably have the least chance of getting banned by me. I like helping and I like reading and answering any questions and concerns, you'll see I do that every day in the Extended forum as well as in all of the other forums as well. Harassment and bullying aren't my method of operation, so I'll consider that directed at someone else lol.

I'm pretty easy to approach, so I don't really get the fear. That's all why it gave me a chuckle.

• Upvote 6

• Aerosoft

I'm pretty easy to approach, so I don't really get the fear. That's all why it gave me a chuckle.

Indeed, it made me actually laugh (the rest as well a bit I must say). But every forum has people who are unhappy about something. It happens. I did not read the whole post (not the even longer PM he send me) actually but what I did read was okay. If he feels unhappy and wants to let people know that's fine. If we all just go back to what that post was about, how customers felt about the Airbus and not about if there is any ambiguity in the rules of conduct, the whole issue is soon behind us.

I am sure that LGM 30 will still not be happy then, but I fear this is something that seems unachievable. It is impossible to please all the people all of the time and if you read the dozens (!) of people who thank us for the great customer support in the same forums I think I can safely say to my CEO that we are doing a good job.

I'll ask my developers to get a thicker skin and to take a walk when they see a post they take offense to. But these people have worked for month at the top of their ability and are fiercely proud of the product. When they see a customer demanding things in a not very pleasant tone they are almost human and react. Again I will ask them to refrain from that and hope that that settles this whole event.

As the topic this was all started about has gone totally offtopic I'll close it for the second time. I'm sure that LGM30 will see that as yet another attempt to stifle his 'cri de coeur' but that is a consequence I will learn to live with.

• Upvote 5

• Members

Hi Stephen,

The problem with Prepare3D is also that with every modification Lockheed is doing on Prepare3D the latest AES version would perhaps not work and this would make customers very unhappy.

We are really searching for a solution, but at present we can't tell you when it will be done.

So I hope we will get an AES as soon as possible but I have no idea if that come true.

Winfried

Hi wdiekmann and Mathijis,

I would like to request, if possible, that Aerosoft give Andras Field a server. I can see this game being very popular if it was easy to access online. Game Spy has gone and nothing else really worked for anybody.

Look, the way I see it is this. Not all of us are experts in online flying (aviation) and some of us I'm sure would just like to be able to log in, see who else is online, have a yarn and just enjoy flying around Andras Field. As for get together's for the more experienced flyers, I've enjoyed following them and listening to their stories but I've never been able to join because of unreliable server. (couldn't understand how to set this up and I'm sure others couldn't either) . :(

So Aerosoft, please consider us at Andras Field.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/59885-what-happens-now-with-gamespy-withdrawing-their-servers/#entry454851

So my post was not worthy of any comment ? Fair enough.

It's only been one day, and there is a lot going on. Just need some patience, I'm sure Mr. Diekmann or Mathijs will be able to get to you soon.

Thanks for that Mathijs. I know that the company is busy with other projects but I really hope that something can be worked out.

Cheers for now.

Mopperle,

My intent was not to anger anyone. Nor was I expecting a response over a weekend. You have made some incorrect assumptions.

I had already followed the methods you suggested before posting this topic in three different forums. You do not know all of the facts involved.

Accordingly, I have sent you a private message outlining why I posted this topic in three different forums. The issue was multi-pronged and I wasn't sure where to go with it.

No need for your harsh words.

Thank you.

PJ

Sorry, but what do you expect? It is weekend!

And if you would like to get an official answer it would be better to write an official email to Aerosoft, or try to contact the developer via PM.

But do not post the same thing 3 times!

Hello PJ,

Again this is not the forum to discuss this matter. You could have sent mopperle a private message as I know he too could have sent you one..

So if you have anything other to say about this subject then please not on this thread. Thank you.