Preview PAFA Fairbanks FS9 (topic closed, product released)

Rainer Duda

released: http://www.aerosoft-shop.com/products/fairbanks-x/fairbanks-x.html

--------------------------

Hi,

I like to show some screenshots made yesterday while testing the FS9-version of PAFA-Fairbanks.

The FSX version is already available, FS9 version will follow very soon.

Some needed comments:

Most of you maybe know, my FS is a very tweaked FS9.

Other commercial sceneries around are installed for changing water effects, textures and landscape.

Additionally enbseries is installed for bloom effects in FS9. Of course AES is used too.

AI traffic is a collection of different sources like alpha-india-group, WorldofAI, MilitaryAIWorks, Globusworld and Avsim/Flightsim-Sources. Please support these freeware artists, their contribution to add reality in our hobby and respect their rules.

PAFA01.jpg

PAFA02.jpg

PAFA03.jpg

PAFA04.jpg

PAFA05.jpg

PAFA06.jpg

PAFA07.jpg

PAFA08.jpg

PAFA09.jpg

PAFA10.jpg

PAFA11.jpg

PAFA12.jpg

PAFA13.jpg

PAFA14.jpg

PAFA15.jpg

Ciao and have a nice day,

Rainer.

Rainer,... well... I forgot what I was going to say... faint.gif

For these larger airports FS2004 is hard to beat, it's just a shame that there are so little exiting aircraft developments for it.

Hard to disagree. nodding-1.gif

Although i do not use FS9.1 anymore i have to say that those screenies look mighty impresive, love the shadowing on the 4th pic and the lighting on the last one!

What a pity the FS9.1 RE (Rainer Edition) is not sold anywhere... :)

Although my FS9 is heavily tweaked too, anytime I look at Rainer's screenshots I think he must know some magic I am unaware of.

The 'Sim-Wings-Rainer-Duda' (or 'Germain-Airports-Team-Rainer-Duda') combo definitely injects life-extender into FS9 each time it shows out.

Thank you for your kind words. Not really magic but I spent most of my FS time during the last years to optimize my FS.

Thanks to my wife who allows me to do such nasty things... ;)

I have FSX installed and fly sometimes within orbx to get some new "flow"-feeling. Simply to check if I miss something...

But I decided not to go on with FSX until some hardware generations will provide same frames to my FSX-sim like my FS9.

I made a checklist what I would win and what I would loose. And for myself I took some deep looks into the FSX-sdk, the used textures, the used techniques behind and mixed since this decision allmost all of the textures I could get hands on. That's most important for such screens - the look and feel of effects, ground and sky.

And helped thankfully to all of the developers who didn't forget the old FS9-dinos... ;)

Another important part is the ai-traffic. That's the reason why I often add some comments to support these groups. They help to make the FS so real that I often surprise myself not to start from an airport but simply to watch the traffic and all the animated objects.

I love watching my retro traffic, my military and general aviation and adding all liveries I'm able to download somewhere. Not real but very diversified. If a livery isn't used in reality any longer, it stays in my FS.

In my case with this FS-environment you see in my screenshots I have no need to change to FSX - not yet. ;)

Ciao,

Rainer.

Rainer,

It was one of the most beautiful posts I've read for a long time. I share your feelings so much.

If I weren't a man, I would say I dropped a tear. If I needed gurus, I would say you are my FS guru. ;)

All the best to you and your wife!

Thank you for your kind words. Not really magic but I spent most of my FS time during the last years to optimize my FS.

Thanks to my wife who allows me to do such nasty things... ;)

I have FSX installed and fly sometimes within orbx to get some new "flow"-feeling. Simply to check if I miss something...

But I decided not to go on with FSX until some hardware generations will provide same frames to my FSX-sim like my FS9.

I made a checklist what I would win and what I would loose. And for myself I took some deep looks into the FSX-sdk, the used textures, the used techniques behind and mixed since this decision allmost all of the textures I could get hands on. That's most important for such screens - the look and feel of effects, ground and sky.

And helped thankfully to all of the developers who didn't forget the old FS9-dinos... ;)

Another important part is the ai-traffic. That's the reason why I often add some comments to support these groups. They help to make the FS so real that I often surprise myself not to start from an airport but simply to watch the traffic and all the animated objects.

I love watching my retro traffic, my military and general aviation and adding all liveries I'm able to download somewhere. Not real but very diversified. If a livery isn't used in reality any longer, it stays in my FS.

In my case with this FS-environment you see in my screenshots I have no need to change to FSX - not yet. ;)

Ciao,

Rainer.

Hallo Rainer,

you're right! FS9 with some modifications like changing default textures with free photoreal ground texture set, REX, 3D Lights, Bloom Effect and thousands of scenery files and actual 1173 AI Traffic Files on top framerates makes FS9 the best Flight Simulator for me. I also have FSX but i'll stay at my FS9 too. I also love to stay at an Airport and watch my Ai-Traffic with FSHOTSFX Ai Sound in full stereo :funkychick_s:

And love to fly in Fairbanks soon. Thank you very much!!!!

Stean

Hello Rainer,

Amazing shots... would you be so kind enough to share your cfg settings for FS9.... I would like to make sure I did not miss anything after all these years....

thank you

Greg

Archived