Error loading GPS_engine - Help request

Joachim (Joe)

Hi guys,

Since just a few days I have been getting the following error message, which happens after loading:

Error in GPS_engine. Flight plan will not be used.

The order usually is important, to reproduce this error message.

Usually I start at the FSX Free Flight window and this is where I start planning.

- I load a flight plan and choose not to be moved to the airport

- I choose an airport and gate (same as deperature airport on the flight plan)

- I choose weather

- I choose aircraft

I start loading. Immediately after loading I get an aircraft crash or splash. Sometimes my aircraft is loaded completely somwhere else. (If crash detection is off then my aircraft starts going overspeed and acts in an uncontrollable way, but I leave crash detection on, just for testing I turned it off) so FSX shows an aircraft crash and starts loading again. Shortly after I see an GPS_engine error. This flight plan will not be used.

I am trying hard to think what I have done since this problem and the only thing I installed was an FSUIPC update (FSUIPC4853 installer and the replaced module to FSUIPC4858), I reverted back but same problem, so I installed the new update again. I also tried out FSTramp but have removed it since.

Has anyone come across this problem?

Hope I posted this in the right category, since I am not sure what is causing this, I don't know where to post the topic, as I am not sure what is causing the issue.

Thanks for all input, help and replies.

Friendly greetings,

Joe

I have the same problem and found out something interesting. If I write a new flight plan in FSX it contains gps coordinates in a wrong format:

Flight plan new:

<DepartureLLA>N54° 55' 8,73",E8° 19' 59,52",+000050,98</DepartureLLA>

<DestinationID>EDDH</DestinationID>

<DestinationLLA>N53° 37' 32,74",E10° 0' 7,83",+000052,98</DestinationLLA>

<Descr>EDXW, EDDH</Descr>

Flight plan from before September 2012:

<DepartureLLA>N53° 23' 21.00",E7° 13' 43.80",+000000.00</DepartureLLA>

<DestinationID>EDLP</DestinationID>

<DestinationLLA>N51° 36' 50.40",E8° 36' 58.20",+000699.00</DestinationLLA>

<Descr>EDWE, EDLP</Descr>

There is a change in the format from fullstop to comma.

I don't believe it has to do with the FSX installation because i resettet all config files and data before. I think this happens after an update to my Windows 7 HP 64 bit. But I don't know, wich update it was...

May be some MS experts knows the answer to it, may be its a XML related problem???

First of all, thanks Matt and Shaun for your replies.

Sorry, I'm a bit delayed in answering this time.

I think delphin is right, my friend is now also getting these errors. There were a lot of updates lately, would be nice to find out what is causing this.

How are you creating your flight plans? With FS or another programm, like FSC?

• Developer

This could also happen, when in the stored flightplan Waypoints or Data (Runways etc) are used, which are not anymore available within the FS Database, because of an update of a Scenery for excample.

When you save a flight, all the selected data of the flightplan are stored too, so when it is loaded later. Should help to just recreate a new flightplan here.

Hello Joe,

Try the suggestion with the decimal separator on the link below.

http://forum.aerosof...46/#entry234692

Hello Shaun,

thanks for your information. I have tried your tip before without rebooting. But with rebooting the operating system this finally did the trick. Now the flight plan is in the correct format. Thanks again! :excellenttext_s:

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

I found out a solution for this problem.

1. Start FSX, and choose your airplane and departure destination.

2. Launch the game

3. After loading, get to ATC window

4. Click on setting up a new flightplan

5. Select your departure and destination

6. Find route

7. Click on OK (doesn't matter if you click "transfer to departure")

8. Now it should work..

Tell me if it worked for you ..;)

I don't have FSX in English, so names may vary ..

If you exit the fly and go to menu, you'll have that problem again. You have to shut down the game and start it again and follow these rules again.

I think that the loading process does that mess..if there would be a way to block FSX editing the flightplan file while loading, maybe it would solve this problem...

Archived