Aerosoft US CITIES X - Los Angeles

jfail1

I just purchased USCITIESX Los Angeles. There is no installation instructions for P3D in the manual (or for FSX either). What is the proper procedure to install it for P3D?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

I just purchased USCITIESX Los Angeles. There is no installation instructions for P3D in the manual (or for FSX either). What is the proper procedure to install it for P3D?

There is no P3D installer yet, will be available early next week.

Sorry for saying that, but in terms of FPS not the best scenery you released so far :(

Not actually the FPS, the scenery runs with 35 FPS for me but only for a short time, then it almost stops (about 5 FPS) for a while, then again it runs smoothly and so forth.

First thing i did was putting down the buildings to autogens with the "complexity switch", no effect.

Then i tried to find out what the problem causes by decreasing all the settings, with the result that the "Muster Complexity" doesn't have to be smaller than 19m (i am used to play at 5m).

Now i even can switch back to more buildings (not the autogens).

Traffic is at 20% but doesn't have such a big impact by decreasing it.

Just for me or anybody else with that problem?

What i'm doing now is to defragment the harddrive over night, maybe this does the trick.

Just purchased US Cities Los Angeles and am getting this error every time I try to install. As you can tell by my account this is the 39th scenery I've purchased from Aerosoft and this is the first time this has happened. It opens so many windows I have to shut down and reboot.

losangeles.jpg

Running windows 7 64 on a i7 2600k system

EDIT: Just re-downloaded and tried again. Same result. :(

Sorry for saying that, but in terms of FPS not the best scenery you released so far :(

Not actually the FPS, the scenery runs with 35 FPS for me but only for a short time, then it almost stops (about 5 FPS) for a while, then again it runs smoothly and so forth.

First thing i did was putting down the buildings to autogens with the "complexity switch", no effect.

Then i tried to find out what the problem causes by decreasing all the settings, with the result that the "Muster Complexity" doesn't have to be smaller than 19m (i am used to play at 5m).

Now i even can switch back to more buildings (not the autogens).

Just for me or anybody else with that problem?

What i'm doing now is to defragment the harddrive over night, maybe this does the trick.

I had issues initially with it going very sluggish near down town LA. I reduced the autogen density within FSX to normal level and now I get about 20fps (set to 30fps in FSX). The ground textures don't seem to be as crisp as the MegaScenery SoCal ones but I may have to play around with a few settings to be sure. They do line up well though.

I'll be honest, I am very reluctant to purchase this scenery. I purchased San Francisco about a month ago and the performance was terrible using a top of the line system. I have also been waiting for over a month for a reply to my support ticket about the performance.

I'll be honest, I am very reluctant to purchase this scenery. I purchased San Francisco about a month ago and the performance was terrible using a top of the line system. I have also been waiting for over a month for a reply to my support ticket about the performance.

I had the same issue but fixed the problem.

Rename:

SanFrancisco_3D_001_Extreme.BGL to SanFrancisco_3D_001_Extreme.XXX

SanFrancisco_3D_002_Extreme.BGL to SanFrancisco_3D_002_Extreme.XXX

SanFrancisco_3D_003_Extreme.BGL to SanFrancisco_3D_003_Extreme.XXX

Works like a dream now. And it lets me keep my sliders full right so I don't have to change them every time I fly that area. Before sitting on the runway (FlightBeam KSFO) I'd have spikes drop in the low 6 - 7 fps. After I renamed the files I stay at an even 30fps or better.

I bought this scenery an hour ago and I'm not happy. I am running this on my very high performance gaming PC and I can't get 35fps out of a default Cessna! I can't even imagine what it would be like with the NGX. I'm running it on an nVidia GTX 670 EVGA Superclocked and an Intel Core i7 3820 running @ 4.8 GHz. Motherboard is an Aus PX79 Deluxe. I live in LA, and I was really happy that this scenery got released, but I'm really unhappy about the performance. Any advice on getting good fps (50-60 constant) ? Thanks and I hope they can fix this low frame rate, but for now, I might turn off this scenery so I can fly out of KVNY with at least some good frame rate! None the less, the scenery LOOKS AMAZING, but performs so poorly. Thanks again!

Best regards,

-Sam Cordell

It's not about fps, it's all about smooth. If you spend more time hitting shift-z to watch fps you're not educating yourself enough about the way FSX works. People seem to forget this program was written in 2006.

It's not about fps, it's all about smooth. If you spend more time hitting shift-z to watch fps you're not educating yourself enough about the way FSX works. People seem to forget this program was written in 2006.

I know what you mean. I was paying attention to the fps, but also when I wasn't, it was not smooth at all! It jumped between 5 and 46 every two seconds and it was even worse before i un installed FSDT's KLAX. Looks beautiful, performs terrible (on my machine- specs above on post #13)

tried it with a more complex aircraft (CS C130) and it choked around downtown LA, fps was jumping between 10 and 0! So I have to agree with others that this scenery is tough on the 'ol PC.

Scenery looks great but again fps AND smoothness aren't there.... I have great performance with the NGX at heavy airports so it's not like my stsem and config were not great.... but again, like for Chicago, I lost 16EUR... Can't understand why it is not possible to optimize 3D objects for smoothness.... then if you have to reduce scenery density, there is no point having the scnerery... just to end up with half of what's intended...

@ All

I'm pretty sure road traffic is the actual cause here! Reduce it to 0% (!) and all the stutters will be gone. In the end it won't matter if you have road traffic at just 1% or 100%, the around the downtown area will be the same. No matter if you use the road traffic that comes with US Cities or the one that comes with FSX default. The major road network around downtown LA is somewhat dense compared to other cities that road traffic is just a much bigger factor here.

Bests,

Sascha

• Aerosoft

Just purchased US Cities Los Angeles and am getting this error every time I try to install. As you can tell by my account this is the 39th scenery I've purchased from Aerosoft and this is the first time this has happened. It opens so many windows I have to shut down and reboot.

I got no immediate answer for this one. We have not seen this before. The installer seems to have an issue on your system it has not on other peoples systems. This is something we can not sort out before Monday morning when the people who make the installer are back in office.

@ All

I'm pretty sure road traffic is the actual cause here! Reduce it to 0% (!) and all the stutters will be gone. In the end it won't matter if you have road traffic at just 1% or 100%, the around the downtown area will be the same. No matter if you use the road traffic that comes with US Cities or the one that comes with FSX default. The major road network around downtown LA is somewhat dense compared to other cities that road traffic is just a much bigger factor here.

Bests,

Sascha

Indeed! I set it to 0% and the stutters are gone! Like you said even 1% is too much.

Are you intending to fix it? I like to have the road traffic, it gives FSX so much more reallity.

Want to add that i did set all my settings back to my usuall settings, runs smooth with about 40FPS :) great!

pls fix the traffic prob :)

• Aerosoft

Update on this one... if you know how to handle the Windows Task Manager, close the 'banner.exe' process when you see this error. That closes that part of the installer and the rest should work as expected.

I got no immediate answer for this one. We have not seen this before. The installer seems to have an issue on your system it has not on other peoples systems. This is something we can not sort out before Monday morning when the people who make the installer are back in office.

I got that issue aswell. I had it with Fairbanks too, I just stop ASbanner.exe to make it go away.

Update on this one... if you know how to handle the Windows Task Manager, close the 'banner.exe' process when you see this error. That closes that part of the installer and the rest should work as expected.

That worked! Thank you! Appreciate the quick response. Thanks again!

Indeed! I set it to 0% and the stutters are gone! Like you said even 1% is too much.

Are you intending to fix it? I like to have the road traffic, it gives FSX so much more reallity.

Let me try something on Monday but I can't promise this will be something that can be solved at all.

There seem to be just "too many" highways around the immediate downtown area for FSX to handle it (same with default FSX traffic), which is the reason why we implemented a message box in the installer that tells everyone to have a look at the manual's setting chapter before using the scenery. Possibly you didn't you get that message shown in the installer?

Bests,

Sascha

Want to add that i did set all my settings back to my usuall settings, runs smooth with about 40FPS :) great!

pls fix the traffic prob :)

I confirm it works.... got 30fps on real air lancair downtown LA... nice !..... but would love to have traffic because LA with no traffic is not LA :-)

Archived