Welcome dear guest,

We like to ask you to log-in or to create an account if you don't have an account. Being a member of this forum allows you to post messages and gives you access to the free downloads. It is by far the fastest way to get any support for the many products we sell. Creating an account is fast and easy, certainly if you already have a Twitter or Facebook account. Do note we take your privacy very serious and will never allow any other company to access your information.

Wir bitten Sie, sich mit Ihren Log-in Daten im Forum anzumelden oder sich einen neuen Account anzulegen falls Sie noch über keinen verfügen. Als Mitglied des Forums können Sie Ihre Mitteilungen an andere Mitglieder oder an uns posten und Sie erhalten Zugriff auf kostenlose Downloads. Außerdem ist die Nutzung unseres Forums bei weitem der schnellste Weg um Support für die vielen Produkte zu bekommen, die wir verkaufen. Einen Account zu erstellen geht einfach und schnell, vor allem wenn Sie bereits bei Twitter oder Facebook registriert sind. Sie können sicher sein, dass wir die Privatsphäre unserer Mitglieder schätzen und schützen. Es wird keiner weiteren Firma gestattet Einsicht in Ihre Daten zu nehmen.]

Nos gustaría pedirle que accediese a su cuenta, si la tiene, o que cree una cuenta, si es que no la tiene. Pertenecer a este foro le permite colocar mensajes y le da acceso a las descargas gratuitas. Es con mucho la forma mas rápida de obtener cualquier tipo de soporte para la multitud de productos que comercializamos. Crear una cuenta es rápido y fácil, y  lo es mas si tiene una cuenta en Twitter o en Facebook. Considere además que nos tomamos su privacidad muy en serio y que nunca permitiremos a ninguna otra compañía que tenga acceso a su información.

Gostaríamos solicitar que acesse a sua conta, se você já tem uma ou que crie una nova. Pertencer a este foro permite que você possa postar e permite usar as nossas descargas gratuitas. É a forma mais rápida de ter suporte nos muitos produtos que vendemos- Criar uma conta é rápido e fácil, mais ainda se você tem conta no Twitter ou no Facebook. Acrescentar que nos levamos muito a serio a sua privacidade, e que jamais vamos permitir o acesso aos seus dados a outras companhias.

Nous vous demandons de vous identifier ou créer un compte si vous n'avez pas encore de compte. Etre membre de ce forum vous permet de poster des messages et vous donne accès à des téléchargements gratuits. C'est le moyen le plus rapide pour obtenir un support pour les nombreux produits que nous vendons. Créer un compte est rapide et facile, surtout si vous avez déjà un compte Twitter ou Facebook. Ne noter que nous prenons votre vie privée très au sérieux et ne permettrons jamais à une autre société pour accéder à vos informations.
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo

Aerosoft US CITIES X - Los Angeles

• Locked Topic This topic is closed
88 replies to this topic

#1 jfail1

jfail1

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 Posts:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 15:32

I just purchased USCITIESX Los Angeles. There is no installation instructions for P3D in the manual (or for FSX either). What is the proper procedure to install it for P3D?

#2 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Forum Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 27497 Posts:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 15:33

I just purchased USCITIESX Los Angeles. There is no installation instructions for P3D in the manual (or for FSX either). What is the proper procedure to install it for P3D?

There is no P3D installer yet, will be available early next week.

On behalf of Aerosoft and with kind regards, Mathijs Kok
Aerosoft_LOGO.gif
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
Please note that support is not done via Private Messages. If you prefer support via email click here.

Please excuse me for writing English in German forums, I do read and speak the language but when I write it people tend to look funny at me.

GATC.png

#3 jfail1

jfail1

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 Posts:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 15:35

It would have been nice if the product announcement said that.

#4 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 27497 Posts:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 16:26

It would have been nice if the product announcement said that.

And I fully agree with that. Mea Culpa.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif
Please note that support is not done via Private Messages. If you prefer support via email click here.

Please excuse me for writing English in German forums, I do read and speak the language but when I write it people tend to look funny at me.

GATC.png

#5 Fliege

Fliege

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 Posts:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 20:14

Sorry for saying that, but in terms of FPS not the best scenery you released so far :(

Not actually the FPS, the scenery runs with 35 FPS for me but only for a short time, then it almost stops (about 5 FPS) for a while, then again it runs smoothly and so forth.

First thing i did was putting down the buildings to autogens with the "complexity switch", no effect.
Then i tried to find out what the problem causes by decreasing all the settings, with the result that the "Muster Complexity" doesn't have to be smaller than 19m (i am used to play at 5m).
Now i even can switch back to more buildings (not the autogens).
Traffic is at 20% but doesn't have such a big impact by decreasing it.

Just for me or anybody else with that problem?

What i'm doing now is to defragment the harddrive over night, maybe this does the trick.

#6 krwynn

krwynn

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 Posts:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 20:29

Just purchased US Cities Los Angeles and am getting this error every time I try to install. As you can tell by my account this is the 39th scenery I've purchased from Aerosoft and this is the first time this has happened. It opens so many windows I have to shut down and reboot.

Posted Image

Running windows 7 64 on a i7 2600k system

EDIT: Just re-downloaded and tried again. Same result. :(

#7 araig

araig

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 Posts:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 21:31

Sorry for saying that, but in terms of FPS not the best scenery you released so far :(

Not actually the FPS, the scenery runs with 35 FPS for me but only for a short time, then it almost stops (about 5 FPS) for a while, then again it runs smoothly and so forth.

First thing i did was putting down the buildings to autogens with the "complexity switch", no effect.
Then i tried to find out what the problem causes by decreasing all the settings, with the result that the "Muster Complexity" doesn't have to be smaller than 19m (i am used to play at 5m).

What i'm doing now is to defragment the harddrive over night, maybe this does the trick.

I had issues initially with it going very sluggish near down town LA. I reduced the autogen density within FSX to normal level and now I get about 20fps (set to 30fps in FSX). The ground textures don't seem to be as crisp as the MegaScenery SoCal ones but I may have to play around with a few settings to be sure. They do line up well though.

#8 Maverick188

Maverick188

Corporal

• _Members
  • Pip
  • 9 Posts:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 22:23

I'll be honest, I am very reluctant to purchase this scenery. I purchased San Francisco about a month ago and the performance was terrible using a top of the line system. I have also been waiting for over a month for a reply to my support ticket about the performance.

#9 krwynn

krwynn

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 Posts:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 23:21

I'll be honest, I am very reluctant to purchase this scenery. I purchased San Francisco about a month ago and the performance was terrible using a top of the line system. I have also been waiting for over a month for a reply to my support ticket about the performance.

I had the same issue but fixed the problem.

Rename:
SanFrancisco_3D_001_Extreme.BGL to SanFrancisco_3D_001_Extreme.XXX
SanFrancisco_3D_002_Extreme.BGL to SanFrancisco_3D_002_Extreme.XXX
SanFrancisco_3D_003_Extreme.BGL to SanFrancisco_3D_003_Extreme.XXX

Works like a dream now. And it lets me keep my sliders full right so I don't have to change them every time I fly that area. Before sitting on the runway (FlightBeam KSFO) I'd have spikes drop in the low 6 - 7 fps. After I renamed the files I stay at an even 30fps or better.

#10 Maverick188

Maverick188

Corporal

• _Members
  • Pip
  • 9 Posts:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 23:43

That did the trick!! Thank you very much. I'm very happy that I will finally be able to enjoy San Francisco, thanks again!

#11 jfail1

jfail1

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 Posts:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 23:54

I thought Manhattan X was rough on the FPS. Not even close, USCITIESX Los Angeles brings my i7 3770K to a crawl.

#12 krwynn

krwynn

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 00:07

That did the trick!! Thank you very much. I'm very happy that I will finally be able to enjoy San Francisco, thanks again!

Awesome! Glad it worked for you.

#13 sammyflyboy

sammyflyboy

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:02

I bought this scenery an hour ago and I'm not happy. I am running this on my very high performance gaming PC and I can't get 35fps out of a default Cessna! I can't even imagine what it would be like with the NGX. I'm running it on an nVidia GTX 670 EVGA Superclocked and an Intel Core i7 3820 running @ 4.8 GHz. Motherboard is an Aus PX79 Deluxe. I live in LA, and I was really happy that this scenery got released, but I'm really unhappy about the performance. Any advice on getting good fps (50-60 constant) ? Thanks and I hope they can fix this low frame rate, but for now, I might turn off this scenery so I can fly out of KVNY with at least some good frame rate! None the less, the scenery LOOKS AMAZING, but performs so poorly. Thanks again!

Best regards,

-Sam Cordell

#14 krwynn

krwynn

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:21

It's not about fps, it's all about smooth. If you spend more time hitting shift-z to watch fps you're not educating yourself enough about the way FSX works. People seem to forget this program was written in 2006.

#15 sammyflyboy

sammyflyboy

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:36

It's not about fps, it's all about smooth. If you spend more time hitting shift-z to watch fps you're not educating yourself enough about the way FSX works. People seem to forget this program was written in 2006.

I know what you mean. I was paying attention to the fps, but also when I wasn't, it was not smooth at all! It jumped between 5 and 46 every two seconds and it was even worse before i un installed FSDT's KLAX. Looks beautiful, performs terrible (on my machine- specs above on post #13)

#16 araig

araig

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:21

tried it with a more complex aircraft (CS C130) and it choked around downtown LA, fps was jumping between 10 and 0! So I have to agree with others that this scenery is tough on the 'ol PC.

#17 Pao13

Pao13

Colonel

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:38

Scenery looks great but again fps AND smoothness aren't there.... I have great performance with the NGX at heavy airports so it's not like my stsem and config were not great.... but again, like for Chicago, I lost 16EUR... Can't understand why it is not possible to optimize 3D objects for smoothness.... then if you have to reduce scenery density, there is no point having the scnerery... just to end up with half of what's intended...

#18 Sasa

Sasa

Field Marshal

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6181 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:19

@ All
I'm pretty sure road traffic is the actual cause here! Reduce it to 0% (!) and all the stutters will be gone. In the end it won't matter if you have road traffic at just 1% or 100%, the around the downtown area will be the same. No matter if you use the road traffic that comes with US Cities or the one that comes with FSX default. The major road network around downtown LA is somewhat dense compared to other cities that road traffic is just a much bigger factor here.

Bests,
Sascha

LimeSim Developer
Antarctica X, Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg, FTX British Isles, VFR Germany, German Airfields, HelgolandX, LuklaX, US Cities X, Dutch Airports

Product support is only done on this forum, normally not by email.
Sales support and Installation Support can be sent to https://aerosoft.zen...us_requests/new

#19 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 27497 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:33

Just purchased US Cities Los Angeles and am getting this error every time I try to install. As you can tell by my account this is the 39th scenery I've purchased from Aerosoft and this is the first time this has happened. It opens so many windows I have to shut down and reboot.

I got no immediate answer for this one. We have not seen this before. The installer seems to have an issue on your system it has not on other peoples systems. This is something we can not sort out before Monday morning when the people who make the installer are back in office.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.png

#20 Fliege

Fliege

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:08

@ All
I'm pretty sure road traffic is the actual cause here! Reduce it to 0% (!) and all the stutters will be gone. In the end it won't matter if you have road traffic at just 1% or 100%, the around the downtown area will be the same. No matter if you use the road traffic that comes with US Cities or the one that comes with FSX default. The major road network around downtown LA is somewhat dense compared to other cities that road traffic is just a much bigger factor here.

Bests,
Sascha

Indeed! I set it to 0% and the stutters are gone! Like you said even 1% is too much.
Are you intending to fix it? I like to have the road traffic, it gives FSX so much more reallity.

Want to add that i did set all my settings back to my usuall settings, runs smooth with about 40FPS :) great!

pls fix the traffic prob :)

#21 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 27497 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:51

Update on this one... if you know how to handle the Windows Task Manager, close the 'banner.exe' process when you see this error. That closes that part of the installer and the rest should work as expected.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.png

#22 Montie

Montie

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:42

I got no immediate answer for this one. We have not seen this before. The installer seems to have an issue on your system it has not on other peoples systems. This is something we can not sort out before Monday morning when the people who make the installer are back in office.

I got that issue aswell. I had it with Fairbanks too, I just stop ASbanner.exe to make it go away.

#23 krwynn

krwynn

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 14:23

Update on this one... if you know how to handle the Windows Task Manager, close the 'banner.exe' process when you see this error. That closes that part of the installer and the rest should work as expected.

That worked! Thank you! Appreciate the quick response. Thanks again!

#24 Sasa

Sasa

Field Marshal

• _Members
  • 6181 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 15:36

Indeed! I set it to 0% and the stutters are gone! Like you said even 1% is too much.
Are you intending to fix it? I like to have the road traffic, it gives FSX so much more reallity.

Let me try something on Monday but I can't promise this will be something that can be solved at all.
There seem to be just "too many" highways around the immediate downtown area for FSX to handle it (same with default FSX traffic), which is the reason why we implemented a message box in the installer that tells everyone to have a look at the manual's setting chapter before using the scenery. Possibly you didn't you get that message shown in the installer?

Bests,
Sascha

LimeSim Developer
Antarctica X, Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg, FTX British Isles, VFR Germany, German Airfields, HelgolandX, LuklaX, US Cities X, Dutch Airports

Sales support and Installation Support can be sent to https://aerosoft.zen...us_requests/new

#25 Pao13

Pao13

Colonel

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 15:52

Want to add that i did set all my settings back to my usuall settings, runs smooth with about 40FPS :) great!

pls fix the traffic prob :)

I confirm it works.... got 30fps on real air lancair downtown LA... nice !..... but would love to have traffic because LA with no traffic is not LA :-)

#26 krwynn

krwynn

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 16:07

I confirm it works.... got 30fps on real air lancair downtown LA... nice !..... but would love to have traffic because LA with no traffic is not LA :-)

I also confirm that with no traffic I'm smooth and steady at 30 and higher fps.

#27 jfail1

jfail1

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 16:50

Setting road traffic to 0 helped greatly on my system.

#28 sketchy

sketchy

Private

• _Members
  • 2 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 17:24

Hello All,

I was excited to see this released the other day and downloaded yesterday.

Its great to see lots more attention paid to the Downtown LA area.

I am however experiencing some issue with textures, the buildings downtown ( and I am guessing else where in the package ) are not showing their textures correctly. The new Marriot Hotel on by the Nokia Centre appears to be fine but all others look very dull. Also please let me know from the attached images if you think the ground textures look as though they are showing at the right resolution.

I am not too sure if it is an issue I also have Mega Scenery's Southern California installed too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any suggestions?

But other than that, awesome looking work, well done!

Cheers,

Sketchy

#29 keino333

keino333

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 19:16

I'm having similar issues. Tried all that is prescribed here to no avail in both configs standard autogen and 3D same effects. I'm notice a conflict with FSDT Lax2. On the tarmac 0% vehicles FSX is grinding.(of course AS City Lax is activated in scenery lib), very choppy on departure and as I reach downtown everything is smooth -25fps smooth. Turn on vehicles 28% chop chop. If I turn off AS City flying out of FSDT Lax this time smooth 15fps -19fps vehicle on at 28%. Reach downtown (no AS city) 30 -37 fps {fps locked at 30 fps externally - unlimited in FSX).

I'll have to agree at the moment with some of the others' findings. I have almost all AS cities and LAX is the first I've had/have issues. Perhaps there is a minor fix imminent. until such time I wait for future dialog and resolution

#30 Sasa

Sasa

Field Marshal

• _Members
  • 6181 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 19:26

I am however experiencing some issue with textures, the buildings downtown ( and I am guessing else where in the package ) are not showing their textures correctly. The new Marriot Hotel on by the Nokia Centre appears to be fine but all others look very dull. Also please let me know from the attached images if you think the ground textures look as though they are showing at the right resolution.

Looks all ok to me except for the ground textures. For the buildings let me quote the following chapter from the manual's FAQs:

Q: Some 3D buildings seem to have misplaced textures!
A: Please note that to create a dense scenery like this for a low price was only possible with some automatic
procedures and images couldn’t be taken from every angle of a cities’ building (for this scenery alone there are
about 5,000 unique buildings!)

In more detail: The city's model has been generated from 45° angle aerial imagery from different perspectives. In the end you have a MUCH higher density of buildings and way more detailed roof textures than usual with completely manually created sceneries (which of course reside in a different price category). But in the end you have a product that is VERY suitable for flightsim use because it's based on actual aerial imagery.
There are a few manually created buildings however (particularly those around the newly constructed LA Live) that have been created in time consuming manual work with the intention to have a good mix of both in the final product.

About your ground aerial imagery: I agree this could look better. Did you set your ground scenery resolution to max? If yes, your video card in combination with the FSX's graphic engine seems to scale down the resolution to free up enough memory for other scenery contents to be loaded on your system. You can however "force" your FSX to show ground textures in higher resolution. I can't go into too much detail about this here because of the complexity of the topic. But googling for "fsx level of detail radius" for example should bring up some more information on this.

Bests,
Sascha

LimeSim Developer

#31 Sasa

Sasa

Field Marshal

• _Members
  • 6181 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 19:31

I'm having similar issues. Tried all that is prescribed here to no avail in both configs standard autogen and 3D same effects. I'm notice a conflict with FSDT Lax2. On the tarmac 0% vehicles FSX is grinding.(of course AS City Lax is activated in scenery lib), very choppy on departure and as I reach downtown everything is smooth -25fps smooth. Turn on vehicles 28% chop chop. If I turn off AS City flying out of FSDT Lax this time smooth 15fps -19fps vehicle on at 28%. Reach downtown (no AS city) 30 -37 fps {fps locked at 30 fps externally - unlimited in FSX).

Can you give some more information on your settings and system, please?
  • Did you use the Scenery Density tool to replace 3D objects by autogen objects? A highly recommended setting if you're using both FSDT's KLAX and US Cities LA!
  • Did you set the road traffic to 0% as recommended in the manual and that didn't help?
  • Can you give provide some information about your system specs here?
Bests,
Sascha

LimeSim Developer

#32 Fliege

Fliege

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 19:55

Hello All,

I was excited to see this released the other day and downloaded yesterday.

Its great to see lots more attention paid to the Downtown LA area.

I am not too sure if it is an issue I also have Mega Scenery's Southern California installed too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any suggestions?

But other than that, awesome looking work, well done!

Cheers,

Sketchy

Here are pictures to compare, i tried to get the correct angle, not that easy....

Posted Image
Posted Image

rly a big difference, here are my settings: resolution 1920x1200x16 Filter: Ansisotrop Antialiasing yes

Global Structure: very high

Because i am using the German Client here are my settings for the scenery in German:

Radius Genauigkeit: Mittel (middle)
Musterkomplexität: 75
Musterauflösung: 5m
Strukturauflösung: 30cm
Wassereffekt: middle 2.x

Landdetail yes

Scenerycomplexity: dense
automatic dense: dense

scenerieeffectdeteils: high

EDIT: I have to add don't be too envy. Even for me the FSX sceneries doesn't look like that all the time.
The textures have to be loaded.
If you are flying over an area often the landscape isn't very sharp, it takes some time till the computer has loaded all the textures.
When you do the screenshots all the textures are already loaded :)

BTW my comp specs are i7 2700k @3,5Ghz 580Nvidia 1,5Gig 4GigRam

#33 smokeyupahead

smokeyupahead

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 Posts:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 23:15

Hi guys, I don't mean to highjack this thread but how is this compatible with FSDT KLAX

#34 keino333

keino333

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 Posts:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 00:18

Can you give some more information on your settings and system, please?

• Did you use the Scenery Density tool to replace 3D objects by autogen objects? A highly recommended setting if you're using both FSDT's KLAX and US Cities LA!
  • Did you set the road traffic to 0% as recommended in the manual and that didn't help?
  • Can you give provide some information about your system specs here?
Bests,
Sascha

Thx
Yes
Dell Precision T3500
Nvidia Quadro FX3800 (not internal G card)
24 gb Ram
Processor Intel R Xeon ® W3520 4 core
2Tb Drive FSX
500 gb Drive FS9
tons of add on /scenery
UTX/GEX/FTX/REX-ES/Shade etc..

internal FSX settings (getting 22-25 fps everywhere) locked externally at 30 fps
http://s1046.photobu...s fps snapshot/

let me know if you need any other info...thanks

#35 macroth72

macroth72

Brigadier

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 Posts:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 00:27

Hi guys, I don't mean to highjack this thread but how is this compatible with FSDT KLAX

Hi, KLAX fits in there pretty well. See my pics from the beta:

http://forum.aerosof...120#entry397351
Gruß / regards

Kai

#36 krwynn

krwynn

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 Posts:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:32

Works great. I did as the manual said and disabled the AF2_KLAX.BGL and haven't seen any issues. I'm pretty pleased.

#37 Sasa

Sasa

Field Marshal

• _Members
  • 6181 Posts:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:20

internal FSX settings (getting 22-25 fps everywhere) locked externally at 30 fps
http://s1046.photobu...s fps snapshot/

Just reduce your road traffic to 0% and your performance problems will be most likely gone like with all others previously (see previous posts about that).
Even 1% road traffic will kill your peformance there!

Bests,
Sascha

LimeSim Developer

#38 Sabre10

Sabre10

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 Posts:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:25

From the manual:

It might be a good decision to deactivate the following file by renaming its extension from BGL to OFF
to avoid conflicts:
FSX\Aerosoft\USCitiesX-LosAngeles\Scenery\AF2_KLAX.bgl

What is the possible conflict with KLAX (FSDT)? I have not noticed one yet, just curious where I can expect it.

Thanks,
Sabre.

#39 Sasa

Sasa

Field Marshal

• _Members
  • 6181 Posts:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:49

What is the possible conflict with KLAX (FSDT)? I have not noticed one yet, just curious where I can expect it.

Usually FSX can handle two AFCAD files for one airport just fine and only loads that one with the highest priority (FSDT in this case of course). But there have been several reports by users in the past who had two AFCAD files for the same airport active that caused problems like offset AI traffic at the taxiways, duplicated buildings and the like. Just better to be conservative here than risking any problems.
So after all this does not refer to any particular problems between UC Cities and FSDT's sceneries. Both merge very well.
Even better in fact than US Cities X - Las Vegas and FSDT Las Vegas that were a pretty good combination already.

Bests,
Sascha

LimeSim Developer

#40 krwynn

krwynn

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 Posts:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 16:19

Usually FSX can handle two AFCAD files for one airport just fine and only loads that one with the highest priority (FSDT in this case of course). But there have been several reports by users in the past who had two AFCAD files for the same airport active that caused problems like offset AI traffic at the taxiways, duplicated buildings and the like. Just better to be conservative here than risking any problems.
So after all this does not refer to any particular problems between UC Cities and FSDT's sceneries. Both merge very well.
Even better in fact than US Cities X - Las Vegas and FSDT Las Vegas that were a pretty good combination already.

Bests,
Sascha

Since you mentioned Las Vegas.... :) I have a quick question about priority with FSDT KLAS, and US Cities Las Vegas. In my experience it is always better to give the airport scenery priority over the city scenery. However in this case it seems to work better the other way around. Could this have anything to do with the fsx/scenery/cities/LasVegas section interfering? Or do you have any ideas why this might be? Thanks Sascha.

0 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users