FSX crashing with Katana by ending/quitting or changing Katana to other planes

lcorbeil

I'm experiencing FSX crash when I either change the Katana for another plane, end a flight or exit FSX. And the flight hours in reailstic mode is never recorded due to the crash.

Seems to be APC.dll (a file that is loaded when using Katana). How can I fix this ? My user is admin and FSX and Katana were installed with Admin privileges. Katana v1.03a, Core Duo 2.4, 4GB ram, well I don't think the hardware is the problem.

Thank in advance,

Luc

APC.dll is NOT an Aerosoft file. In fact I've never even heard of it. I have a large number of Aerosoft products and a vast knowledge of FSX.

I think I would have...

Whatever you have going on is NOT a result or consequence of an Aerosoft installation. So contrary to your assertion, your hardware is likely the problem... you've probably got a conflict with some proprietary file.

Hope this helps you narrow down the problem.

APC.dll is NOT an Aerosoft file. In fact I've never even heard of it. I have a large number of Aerosoft products and a vast knowledge of FSX.

I think I would have...

Whatever you have going on is NOT a result or consequence of an Aerosoft installation. So contrary to your assertion, your hardware is likely the problem... you've probably got a conflict with some proprietary file.

Hope this helps you narrow down the problem.

Thanks for replying.

I had tested everything on another different brand new laptop, different company, thus hardwares (Quad four, 6 Gb, 1gb video, Windows 7 64bits), with exactly the same problem. However, the correct file is not APC but ASC.dll (sorry!). I flew a few hours and no problems, everthing works (from graphics to model) perfectly. However, if a quit, or end a flight (or even change aircraft), the program crashes with the dump appended at the end of this reply. It seems that it crashes when Katana wants to write in a file (realistic mode). Perhaps a privilege problem, but which file and where ? Here is the dump (fsx sp2, no acceleration, no other third parties, just plain fsx, french version). Thanks for your help, regards, Luc

Signature du problème :

Nom d’événement de problème: BEX

Nom de l’application: fsx.exe

Version de l’application: 10.0.61472.0

Horodatage de l’application: 475e17d3

Nom du module par défaut: ASC.DLL

Version du module par défaut: 0.0.0.0

Horodateur du module par défaut: 4b2520f0

Décalage de l’exception: 00003d72

Code de l’exception: c0000417

Données d’exception: 00000000

Version du système: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 3084

Information supplémentaire n° 1: c555

Information supplémentaire n° 2: c555c2459c6c3a151a115b60e1d2c4f4

Information supplémentaire n° 3: fbd7

Information supplémentaire n° 4: fbd75bd1e8c103030af43e49f1c96aca

Lire notre déclaration de confidentialité en ligne :

http://go.microsoft....88&clcid=0x040c

Si la déclaration de confidentialité en ligne n’est pas disponible, lisez la version hors connexion :

C:\Windows\system32\fr-FR\erofflps.txt

In the related thread it is stated that the software has to be run under admin rights. Unfortunately, under W7 this is not even sufficient, if files are to be created or altered in "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)", unless you execute FSX with "Right-click, Run as Admin".

However, you can more easily make it work, and thereby running FSX and its related add-ons from a Standard User Account (yes and leaving UAC active) by logging in as admin and giving the group "Users" (or even lower, e.g. "Everyone", not recommended, though) full access to to the directories in question, i.e. FSX root directory and all its subdirectories. By doing so you can run FSX from any user account without sacrificing OS security by turning off UAC or working as admin all the time.

This solution works for most older programs and can also be extended to registry entries in the HKLM branch likewise.

best regards,

Peter

In the related thread it is stated that the software has to be run under admin rights. Unfortunately, under W7 this is not even sufficient, if files are to be created or altered in "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)", unless you execute FSX with "Right-click, Run as Admin".

However, you can more easily make it work, and thereby running FSX and its related add-ons from a Standard User Account (yes and leaving UAC active) by logging in as admin and giving the group "Users" (or even lower, e.g. "Everyone", not recommended, though) full access to to the directories in question, i.e. FSX root directory and all its subdirectories. By doing so you can run FSX from any user account without sacrificing OS security by turning off UAC or working as admin all the time.

This solution works for most older programs and can also be extended to registry entries in the HKLM branch likewise.

best regards,

Peter

Thanks all for your help. Effectively, running FSX in admin mode (windows 7 64 bits) solved the issue. However, I noticed something wierd when finishing a flight, then reload the same flight, some discrepancies in equipment fixed on the aircraft such as the tow bar and the gas pump were installed but they wasn't set initially in the saved flight. This wierd behavior led to a FSX crash. However, restarting FSX solved the issue, the flight loaded correctly.

regards,

Luc

FSX does not use a fixed point saved parameter model. Instead, it has a number of `trigger points` that save as the game goes along, contributing to the final `save`.

Some of these earlier save points are overwritten by a simmer-requested `save` function (e.g. closing down the sim) to create a real time saved flight. Others are not. The only true way of restoring a flight to the exact settings it had before is to actually save and name the .flt for resumption later. This, in conjunction with the saved parameters for the Katana X stored outside the FSX save structure preserves the integrity of the complete `saved` flight.

I also recommend using the autosave function available with the payware FSUIPC, as this acts silently in the background to help synchronise all those many game save points.

Thanks all, everything work properly now. It is a very nice aircraft and very realistic. It seems that katana saves operating hours in realistic mode when you at least land your craft.

Happy flying

regards,

Luc