Varanasi preview (released, topic closed)

This looks like a very interesting airport indeed. Varanasi is somewhere I visited in about 1990, it is the most holy city in India for Hindus. The river Ganges is something to see at Varanasi, it is so wide you can hardly see the far bank. On the town side the river banks are crammed with burning Gatts, Hindu cremation sites. As this is the most holy of Hindu sites, many people are bought here for cremation, and have their ashes sprinkled into the river.

The question is, are Areosoft limiting their scenery to the airport only? Grim as it may seem, the towns scenery is fascinating and truly unique.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YSSY has already been done by another developer. It's good to see Aerosoft bringing in original projects, expanding our horizons.

Chris

Yes,but the developer is not so good :(

• 2 months later...

Andras Kozma is on my buy with caution list as I believe Maastricht was never fixed.

I wouldn't say so. From what I've seen from him his scenerys are great.

I wouldn't say so. From what I've seen from him his scenerys are great.

Lol ... Andreas does make pretty sceneries.....but pretty alone does not cut it in my book.

If Maastrich was my home airport I would be upset that the runway markings/lights were incorrect ...did he not look at the approach plates?

Certainly if this was a larger airport like Heathrow or Frankfurt he would not have got away without fixing it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs,

Would you happen to have a status update on this project? It's been a month since the previous update so I'm wondering if things are moving along fine.

Thanks!

In fact that's a good question, let me send out an email to Budapest and ask Andras.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mathijs,

Was searching for any Aerosoft's scenery on India, came across this project and it looks promising. Apologies for repeating the question, but any tentative dates we can have for the release or may be any sort of development.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So we have New Delhi (Not the best...but atleast we have one), then we have the Thai creations Mumbai (Fs9 released..FSX to be released) and then Aerosoft's Varnasi.

Add Kathmandu (VNKT) and Paro (VPQR) and Lukla... we have something going here. :excellenttext_s:

It would be nice to have Bangalore or Managlore. or even Cochin or Trivandrum. (Cochin would be like those small Hawaii airports), Lots of coconut trees on approach.

• 3 weeks later...

So we have New Delhi (Not the best...but atleast we have one), then we have the Thai creations Mumbai (Fs9 released..FSX to be released) and then Aerosoft's Varnasi.

Add Kathmandu (VNKT) and Paro (VPQR) and Lukla... we have something going here. :excellenttext_s:

It would be nice to have Bangalore or Managlore. or even Cochin or Trivandrum. (Cochin would be like those small Hawaii airports), Lots of coconut trees on approach.

Trivandrum please! It is an all weather international airport and has even better lush approach studded with coconut palms, sandwiched between the Arabian sea with the world renowned Kovalam beach on its west (which is in fact only a stone's throw away) and the mighty Western ghats a few kilometers away. It has a new classy glass terminal too to model. Here is one Youtube video showing the approach and both the old and new terminal (not mine; credits go to the author)

Best regards,

Vinod.

Archived