Unrealistic Tinted Windows

kannwar

Guys, can we please have the option to remove the excessive and unrealistic tint on the windows of this aircraft? I really enjoy flying it but the tint just drains the life and colour out of FSX. Can this be fixed through a texture replacement?

I've looked through several A320 landing videos on Youtube and can find no evidence of the cockpit windows being so dark.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I've looked through several A320 landing videos on Youtube and can find no evidence of the cockpit windows being so dark.

Sorry, but videos and pictures taken from the web are not a reliable source for comparison. ;)

It is the same like talking about "unrealistic" behaviour of an aircraft, when you have no real world experience on the aircraft nor at least a PPL to discuss this.

Well whether or not it's realistic it doesn't look that great in FSX from my point of view. And unless cameras have some magical ability to create more light than there is I'm pretty sure videos of a camera looking direclty out the front window of an A320 during landing on a sunny day are a pretty reliable source of information. I'll post a link if you wish.

I think this tint thing should always be optional on addons as some people just don't like it. FSX doesn't have the best lighting in the first place.

I have the same opinion as "kannwar". The human eye in reallife has great abilities to compensate "faults" in windows, as tint or dust. After some time human eyes doesn't see those things, they blend them out. But the monitor doesn't have such ablities, so excessive tint is always a problem and it doesn't makes simflying more real, but it makes it more unpleasent.

A bad example is the Do27 of Marcel Felde. The windows are so much tinted (maybe coz of the aging of the plastic material of the windows), that it is (for me) very unpleasent to fly the plane. So I changed the texture to delete those tints. For sure the human eye can wipe of most of those tints in the real aircraft.

So it would be a good option to disable excessive tinted windows!

Bernhard

Thanks for understanding Bernhard - these real life issues are far more complicated than our little PCs will ever be able to reproduce and such artificially contrived methods like this window tint end up being more of a problem than benefit.

I just hope someone from Aerosoft is still reading these forums and is willing to whip up a quick texture replacement.