Landing at any US airport :(

Gaboca81

Dear Users,

Is it just me or you guys cannot land with ILS at any US airport either? I set up the flight planner correctly, I set the NAV frequencies and everything else in the proper order. And yet when I push the APPR button, it keeps doing something weird, its climbing up from the glide-slope, it stalls and then crashes to the ground. Either at JFK or at LAX!

Can anyone suggest me something? I tried it with B738 and B744!

Thx 4 helping!

Gabs

And I also forgot to say that I used FS Passenger during the flight. Is there something to do with that? This flight was KSFO from KLAX. The first unsuccessful ILS landing was from EGLL to KJFK.

Hello;

I've been to many airports in the U.S.,and have sucsessfuly landing using ILS,what type of Nav data are you using.Also do a google search,and you will find the updated Mag/Var info for Fsx,I'm using Fsx Acceleration.Here's the name of the file you need to find-Updated Magnetic variation data for FS2004 & FSX.

Mark

• Aerosoft

Hello;

I've been to many airports in the U.S.,and have sucsessfuly landing using ILS,what type of Nav data are you using.Also do a google search,and you will find the updated Mag/Var info for Fsx,I'm using Fsx Acceleration.Here's the name of the file you need to find-Updated Magnetic variation data for FS2004 & FSX.

Mark

Ho ho.... if you update the mag var file you will need to change almost all of the airport scenery files as well. It causes us massive support

And it has nothing to do with the fact the user has problems with landing, FSX should not care if it is in Europe or the US.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As Mathijs notes, FSX doesn't care where it is. I've never had a country specific performance issue, and there's simply no logical reason for there to be one.

I'd like to help the OP out, but there's not much info there. Gabs, when you say "flight planner," which one? The one in FSX? All it does is set up waypoints. There should be no way a route would cause a pitch-up as you describe simply by selecting APPR.

Help us help you by providing some info on your computer (CPU/GPU/RAM) and operating system, FS version and patch status, the specific aircraft you're using and which airports you're having problems with. It would be helpful if you provided background on whatever troubleshooting or tests you've tried. Have you tried one of the default aircraft? Which other airports have you tried besides simply KJFK or KLAX? For example, instead of trying a long flight, try something simple like a departure from one of the runway 30s at KSJC (San Jose, California) and an ILS to runway 32 at KSTS (Santa Rosa, California). It's a pretty straight shot, few turns and fixes needed (as simple as direct OSI direct SAU direct BURDE).