Can't get Huey X started

boeing247

Whenever I follow the startup procedure for the Huey X, I get to the step that says to depress the starter switch until N1 reaches 40%. However, when I press the starter (that is the clickspot under the controls on the throttle, no?), N1 immediately goes to 70%, and when I advance the throttle, the engine RPM and N1 goes down, not up like it should.

Everything works when I use the state panel to set it to the engines on state, but I can't start the engines manually. Am I missing a step? Could somebody provide, perhaps, I simplified procedure with the essential steps for startup so I can figure out what's going wrong?

Thanks,

boeing247

There's a checklist included with th product. You can access it from the main Aerosoft\Huey X folder within FSX

In point of fact, there are two checklists. And only 19 points. Can't see how you can buy a complex product and expect something to be simplified better than 19 points.

There's a checklist included with th product. You can access it from the main Aerosoft\Huey X folder within FSX

In point of fact, there are two checklists. And only 19 points. Can't see how you can buy a complex product and expect something to be simplified better than 19 points.

I was going through the checklists, and that wasn't working. As it turned out, I figured out that the problem was the rotor friction (I believe that's what it's called--the wheel control on the throttle) was set improperly, causing some problems with the rotor. That step was not included in the checklist.

Not sure I get that There are several specific references to the Throttle in the pre-start and startup checklist.Not only that there also are specific mentions in the manual about how to operate the throttle, simply.

Possibly you had committed the cardinal sin of skipping an earlier checklist and so arriving at the start checklist in an erroneous configuration.Then saved the .flt

For which you must now go to hell and burn forever in the fires of user-error...

:flame_s::crylaugh_s:

Seriously though, glad you got it sorted. It would have been almost impossible to troubleshoot that from here on the information provided. :excellenttext_s: