Madeira X LPMA - Static and AI Traffic Sit In The Air

FOD

I have been flying into Madeira X LPMA for the first time in several months and saw that both AI and the Madeira X static traffic is sitting some 20 ft above the ground. When I start FSX with my ac positioned, my ac positions correctly but the AI / Static is still above ground.

LPPS traffic/static is positioned correctly.

So far I have been unable to trace any rogue or duplicate ADCAD; I have uninstalled Madeira X and reinstalled after a reboot; I have rebuilt my FSX.cfg; I have de-activated all other FSX scenery - all with no change.

I am pretty sure that LPMA was fine when I first installed it so it must be a change that I have made to FSX - but I am stumped so very grateful for any ideas and help.

John

Hi Mark

1. The usual ac add- ons from Pmdg, LDS, iFly etc etc

2, Scenery - most UK 2000 extreme, some other pay (fsdt lszh,Aerosoft etc) and the odd free airfield

3. UTX Europe

Of interest looking on line on Vatsim, some aircraft park at the right level, some are sitting high?

Its certainly something in my particular installation but what ...........?

John R

Hello;

I don't see any traffic add-ons,do you have any.Oh yes,try placing the LPMA scenery higher than the UTX scenery in the list,see if that corrects it.

Mark

Got it! Did a find for all LPMA files in my FSX folder - only one I could not identify:

LPMA_ADEX_FSG_ALT.BGL

Renamed it .bak and my AI and static aircraft were back to normal.

Suspect that its a file I picked up years ago before I got MadeiraX when I was trying to sort out the problems with the default FSX LPMA.

Many thanks for coming in on this