US Cities X - LA (topic closed, product released)

Sasa

• Deputy Sheriffs

Danny, just like any other scenery and as you suggest, it should be able to be turned on or off by checking or unchecking the entry in the scenery control panel in FSX.

Any news on this? Just got myself MegasceneryX Southern California in anticipation of this release. Really looking forward in landing the NGX on FSDT KLAX, surrounded by AS LA city and the MegaScenery.

Any news on this? Just got myself MegasceneryX Southern California in anticipation of this release. Really looking forward in landing the NGX on FSDT KLAX, surrounded by AS LA city and the MegaScenery.

Currently working on the downtown helipads. Just finished the new LA Live complex with the Ritz-Calton Helipad and a few surrounding buildings. I can possibly post some screenshots during next week, but I can't promise that.

Bests,

Sascha

• 2 weeks later...

In the second posting from the developer in this thread he says it will be compatible with FSDT KLAX.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Would I be able to beta test this? I was redirected to ask here in the email I recieved. I have beta tested other addons before so I do know what to look for

in bugs or errors. Some basic information about me is that my name isMichael and I am 22 years old. I currently get about 40 hours per week in Flight Simulator which could go to beta testing your scenery. If you need

to know more please email me back asking what you need. The specs of my

computer are listed as below:

CPU: i7 2600K @ 4.3GHz

Motherboard: Asus P8Z68

RAM: 16GB

Graphics Card: GTX 560Ti Superclocked

A few more screenshots:

LosAngeles_17.jpg

The new LA Live complex and a few of the other new buildings in the area

LosAngeles_18.jpg

Approaching the new LAPD HQ Heliport

LosAngeles_19.jpg

Sunset-Glendale Heliport

LosAngeles_20.jpg

Children's Hospital and Presbyterian Medical Complex with 4 (!) helipads

LosAngeles_21.jpg

Dodger Stadium with Downtown LA in the background

• Upvote 5

• Aerosoft

That parking lot around the Dodger's stadium looks about as big as Cambridge :lol:

I once spend 2 hours getting out of it. Of course most yanks US citizens would prefer to have a stadium like a drive-in movie thing but even there they have no managed to make something big enough for that. But you are right, this is the size of a small moon.

I once spend 2 hours getting out of it.

Going back many years ago, I learned it was easier to park outside by the Police Academy and walk in and out to avoid the mess. It was safe back then to do something like that, I can't say if I would do that today.

For any Dodgers fan of any length of time, seeing the parking lots conjurs up bad memories of the guy that owned the team for the past few years. He just sold the team and stadium for over one BILLION dollars and still holds a partial interest in the parking lots.

A better alternative would be to go back down the I-5 freeway and show a picture of Angels Stadium in Anaheim, IMO. Present season's performance not to be considered...

• Aerosoft

Going back many years ago, I learned it was easier to park outside by the Police Academy and walk in and out to avoid the mess. It was safe back then to do something like that, I can't say if I would do that today.

For any Dodgers fan of any length of time, seeing the parking lots conjurs up bad memories of the guy that owned the team for the past few years. He just sold the team and stadium for over one BILLION dollars and still holds a partial interest in the parking lots.

A better alternative would be to go back down the I-5 freeway and show a picture of Angels Stadium in Anaheim, IMO. Present season's performance not to be considered...

Sure, but I was just a stupid tourist who never attended a ballgame. Even the two hours was not an issue as 'my' team won and we just spend the two hours shouting and moving very slow. Compared to a European soccer match it was friendly and 'easy'. No cops in full riot gear, no police horses in riot gear. Dads with sons, the US at it's best.

Now if they only would drive real cars..... We rented a F150 that seemed to have a rather relaxed connection between the steering wheel and the tires. After three car changes I found out that that was more or less how the car is and not something that needed to be fixed.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Compatible with Megascenery Southern California ?

If there are no serious issue Sascha will always try, but it can not be guaranteed. For example for some projects you need the help from the other party and if that is not possible things can't always be made compatible.

• 2 weeks later...

How does a product such as this cooperate with Ultimate Terrain. While the night buildings not really having night lighting don't really bother me, is the entire lets say "ground texture" to be black too? Will the 3D lights of UT not be seen because this city scenery "over writes" UT USA?

How does a product such as this cooperate with Ultimate Terrain. While the night buildings not really having night lighting don't really bother me, is the entire lets say "ground texture" to be black too? Will the 3D lights of UT not be seen because this city scenery "over writes" UT USA?

If activated you will see UTX's 3D lights. Nothing will be overwritten there.

Bests,

Sascha