Twin Otter Extended Preview (FSX,P3D)

• Deputy Sheriffs

For both Stefan, John and I the most important thing to achieve is to make addons that are fun to fly on even low end systems, but with top notch graphics, flightmodel and rather deep systems modelling.

Your (Aerosoft) team did an excellent job on the Bronco X, and I am looking very much forward to a Twin Otter of that same quality!

Or even better. ;)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what is the release date for this aircraft?

chadhittenberger

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that they won't say incase something is delayed and the date is pushed back. Then they have people on here complaining they didn't meet their release date and freak out.

It's safe to say it will be out when the team feels it is ready for release.

These things get to some pretty inhospitable places, I wonder if some VC rain effects would really help the ambience in the cockpit?

And I wonder why this VC rain thingie constantly are brought into the discussion, when it has been told numerous times why we won´t do it....

Finn

Finn,

The Bronco and the Cat are my two Go-To aircraft and why is that?..... I love the smoothness in frames and the attention to detail and the worn-in beaten up well used look, if the Twotter is ANYTHING like these...just wowowowowow, cant wait

Thanks

Tim

The Twin Otter Extended will be just that - it´s a workhorse !

Finn

And I wonder why this VC rain thingie constantly are brought into the discussion, when it has been told numerous times why we won´t do it....

Finn, you missed the point! The question was:

I wonder if some VC rain effects would really help the ambience in the cockpit?

And the answer is a clear: YES

:D

Finn, you missed the point! The question was:

And the answer is a clear: YES

:D

Yes - I understood, but the question is rather academic.

Finn

to better explain my question on smaller aircraft just under the left horizontal stabilizer theres a little dog tag like plaque that tells you what model the aircraft is, what year that aircraft was produced,what production facility that your particular aircraft was produced in last but not least what company made the aircraft. i was wondering if dehavilland canada put one on the twin otter dhc-6-300 aircraft or not.

chad hittenberger

to better explain my question on smaller aircraft just under the left horizontal stabilizer theres a little dog tag like plaque that tells you what model the aircraft is, what year that aircraft was produced,what production facility that your particular aircraft was produced in last but not least what company made the aircraft. i was wondering if dehavilland canada put one on the twin otter dhc-6-300 aircraft or not.

chad hittenberger

I'm 99% sure they put a data plate on the aircraft. Why do you want to know?

chad hittenberger

According to Viking (who now own the rights for the twotter) it is on the elevator assembly. Here is a service paper for one.

http://www.vikingair.com/uploadedFiles/Support/Service_Bulletins/SB%20V6-0014%20Elevator%20Data%20Plate.pdf

On some types they are just inside the main entrance door, most likely on aircraft too large to have it easily readable outside. For example, on MD80s is is on the bulkhead to your immediate left when you walk in the main passenger door. I see them there quite frequently. I haven't really payed attention to other larger aircraft... guess I will have to pay more attention at work because now that I think of it, I can't remember if I have ever seen one on say, a Lear Jet but I know there is one located near the tail on a B1900D.

Neat looking VC. Has the work on additional models like ski, tundra wheels, cargo, etc. started yet and if so, could we get a couple of preview shots please?

Archived