Twin Otter Extended Preview (FSX,P3D)

Aerosoft Team

• Aerosoft

We are happy to annouce that we have just started work on a new Twin Otter project to replace the best seller Twin Otter product that is not a few years old. It still sells well and we understand why, it's still a very solid add-on. But it is getting outdated rather fast. The new project will be much more in the line of the Bronco. So with high details in most systems and some maintenance aspects.

Next week we will do the photoshoot and measurements at our newest best friends at Businesswings located in Kassel.

Now clearly we got nothing to show but if you have suggestions, comments, let me hear them! Note that the 'Twin Otter Extended' is t he project name, we might select another name.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Very good news!! 2 question that came into my mind:

- do you also talk to Ken Borek Air, IMHO they are the world largest operator of the Twinotter. Just thinking about AntarcticaX

- is a modell of the new Series 400 planned?

And yes, system depth comparable to the Bronco would be relly great!

For old pricks like me, make an option that keeps the Twotter suitable for those who just want to fly it :-)

Like on the Bronco we will add the option to turn off all failures etc.

On top of that the PT-6 engines are easier to operate than the fixed shaft turboprop that are used on the Bronco.

Finn

• Aerosoft

Very good news!! 2 question that came into my mind:

- do you also talk to Ken Borek Air, IMHO they are the world largest operator of the Twinotter. Just thinking about AntarcticaX

- is a modell of the new Series 400 planned?

And yes, system depth comparable to the Bronco would be relly great!

As far as I know there is only one demo model of the 400 so I doubt we will include that. Will need to speak to Viking before deciding that.

I do have some contact with Ken Borek Air.

• Aerosoft

I know it is very early to ask, but do you already know if customers of the old Twotter will get the new one discounted?

I doubt that. We always have the point of view that if we use old code again there should be a discount but this will be a full new build.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Super good,

I flew with this plane so often on vacation on the Maldives. This is a very good idea of you! If you need help for the painting, then I can provide you with repaints!

Hello Mathijs, will the new version a update of the old one or a completely new product?

It's becoming my pet peeve but please include a best as possible icing and anti-icing on the Twotter/PTA6 engines.

And please consider RXP integration.

Very pleased with the development of a new Twin Otter.

As far as I know there is only one demo model of the 400 so I doubt we will include that. Will need to speak to Viking before deciding that.

They started production last year or something, about one aircraft delivered each month. Looks like they are doing pretty well.

How long does it usually take to make an addon of the quality you're going for here?

The 400 looks like a capable airplane, but new aircraft just don't have the same character as older ones. Plus the electrical system is completely different. Considering the amount of coding a Viking Twotter would take, combined with the performance hit of a glass cockpit, I'm happy with steam gauges. As preiously requested, 3D RXP integration would be outstanding. I'll also put in a plug for an altimeter that can be set in inches as well as millibars for us Yanks. Maybe some tundra tires for the bush flyers and possibly a cargo variant? Looking forward to it guys...I'm sure it'll be outstanding.

Great to see a new Twotter on the horizon!!

I rather like to stick to the older models (100/300) not the 400! A tundra tyre equipped plane is one I agree with Prozac, but we also need them for Antarctica...so ski/wheels !

A proper loading proggie, not just passengers but cargo as well, might be very welcomed by the community.

Cheers,

Hank

Archived