Twin Otter Extended Preview (FSX,P3D)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Finn...

Any chance the new Twin Otter will be Capable of shared cockpit?

JB

As You know Geoff and I am working on making the Bronco X Shared cockpit capable.

With the knowldege I have got from Geoff it´s one of my top priorities to make the twin Otter fully multiplayer and shared cockpit capable.

I think that for the Twin Otter it´s even more important than the Bronco since it´s a cockpit meant to be operated by 2 pilots.

Finn

and perhaps the RXP 530 with its larger screen?

Not sure what setup we MIGHT pick.

I think most people have the 430. Question is also if we can find space for the unit(s).

Finn

As You know Geoff and I am working on making the Bronco X Shared cockpit capable.

With the knowldege I have got from Geoff it´s one of my top priorities to make the twin Otter fully multiplayer and shared cockpit capable.

I think that for the Twin Otter it´s even more important than the Bronco since it´s a cockpit meant to be operated by 2 pilots.

Finn

Yes I do know you guys are making great progress with the Bronco and Shared Pit. This is why I asked so that if you guys are successful with the bronco that others can look foreword to the same technology with the twin otter. And lemme know if you need anyone to help test or you guys need another opinion. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think most people have the 430. Question is also if we can find space for the unit(s).

I am not most people. ^_^

I think a lot of the Katana4X users might have purchased a 530, like me.

Would be very nice if you could find some space for it.

if rxp530 fits, then 430 can also be used in the same spot, the open gap can be covered with the plate using

gauge12=rxpGNS!plate, 7,817,395,228

this assumes the rxp panel doesn't use 3d knobs in the mdl.

but like others, i got the 530 for the katana 4x so i'm sure many aerosoft customers would prefer the 530 :)

Please hold on....

Once we have the general virtualcockpit layout I will know better what can be put in or not.

Nothing has been decided yet. If both can be fitted, then I think that would be the most sound solution, i just can´t promise anything at this stage.

We just don´t want to have to make too many different VC models.

Finn

This is one bird that will be a total success. I have made, and have in standby, Two Missions for it. One in the Amazon River Basin and the other in Bhutan... :)..(Freeware naturally).

the only outher thing is will the fans in the cockpit be modled to. i always thaught that it was stupid that dehaviland did not have ac in the twinotter all airliners have ac so may be on the next twinotter you do you suould concider an ac. all though this might be somthing i need to put in vikingaircrafts form.

chad hittenberger

the only outher thing is will the fans in the cockpit be modled to. i always thaught that it was stupid that dehaviland did not have ac in the twinotter all airliners have ac so may be on the next twinotter you do you suould concider an ac. all though this might be somthing i need to put in vikingaircrafts form.

chad hittenberger

why put a system in a A/C that has could have more issues with breaking down then a simple fan in a series circuit? Don't forget the Twotter was not just built to haul people as an airliner. I have talked to people who have worked on the Twotter far northern Canada and when stuff breaks they usually have to wait around for a day or two for another twotter/herc to come with parts to fix it in the middle of no where.

Quick question: do Kenn Borek and BAS twin otters (ski and wheel/ski models) have their roof escape hatch modeled and animated or will it be texture/bump only?

Can we have a modern GPS along the lines of the Garmin moving map version? Also is it possible to have the buttons work fully in 3D cockpit view (No pop up needed as with the Catalina). I know everyone likes to keep with the 'models flying today' cockpit look and therefore an older GPS system would fit in better, but the moving map with terrain view is ideal for this kind of aircraft :big_boss_s:

dont know if I understand you correctly but 95% of FSX GPS'es have moving map with color terrain. Even the default FSX GPS have that and with one or two entries they all sport even 3D terrain with shadowing..

Not sure what setup we MIGHT pick.

Finn

The good thing about the Garmins is that they have a radio function built in so they do no require additional space since they can replace a pre existing radio. For example, in the photos shown of the real plane, there looks to be a Trimble GPS and other radios. One 530 could take the place (and the space) of the GPS AND a Nav/Com since it will provide the functions of both. It does allow for more flexibility when fitting the units into panels with limited space.

• Aerosoft

Quick question: do Kenn Borek and BAS twin otters (ski and wheel/ski models) have their roof escape hatch modeled and animated or will it be texture/bump only?

I don't think we'll spend a lot of time on that bit, we much rather have a bit more detail directly in front of the pilot.

Archived