Twin Otter Extended Preview (FSX,P3D)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the flight dynamics/model being left alone, tweaked or a complete revamp. I love the Twotter but feel it´s a little bit spongy on the ground, a little vague, once in the air though it´s a dream. Although looking at video´s, the aircraft does tend to wallow around on the typical uneven terrain. This is top of my purchase list, above a certain aircraft coming soon that has a few 7´s in the name!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are the flight dynamics/model being left alone, tweaked or a complete revamp.

The flight model is built from scratch by John and tested by real Twin Otter pilots like Keith. I think it is very good.

I must say this is one of the best Twotters on the market to date for 2013. John has done a great job and i sure can not wait for the Float version to be built, Just like the one that i fly for the MNR doing forest fires in around Ontario canada. Its still a work in Progress

Regards, Keith Twotter Pilot And Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended Alpha/Beta Tester

Finn & Stefan could we maybe have a 9 passenger executive interior in the twin otter extended as well as a 20 passenger airline interior? Both are actually available in the real aircraft. even though the aircraft that you have been modeling is used for sky diving. the sky diving interior is also cool!

thx for reading

chad hittenberger

• Deputy Sheriffs

I must say this is one of the best Twotters on the market to date for 2013. John has done a great job and i sure can not wait for the Float version to be built, Just like the one that i fly for the MNR doing forest fires in around Ontario canada. Its still a work in Progress

Regards, Keith Twotter Pilot........

..... and Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended Alpha/Beta Tester! B)

No I don't think so. The systems will surely be more complex, but I think it should still be possible. Better wait for a developer to answer though!

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am currently planning a home cockpit built around the existing Aerosoft Twinotter. Do you think there would be any issues going to the new one?

Twinotter_Pilot has built a Twin Otter cockpit and he is also beta-tester to the new Twin Otter project. He can answer this!

Twinotter_Pilot has built a Twin Otter cockpit and he is also beta-tester to the new Twin Otter project. He can answer this!

After release we plan to make LUA/LINDA files available for homecockpit builders.

Finn

Hi there

using the new Twin Otter Extended now in my home cockpit gives even better results than the old one.In my case only a few external switches had to be modified/reallocated.So no issues at all while switching from old to new.

If time allows I will upload a video soon and put it on my Facebook page or website.

@ Chad: AC is usually not present in the DHC-6 - you can easily add this yourself to the get the bushpilot feeling. An simple hair dryer behind your screen (with a "cold blow" option) will solve the issues easily.

• Aerosoft

The flight model is built from scratch by John and tested by real Twin Otter pilots like Keith. I think it is very good.

I never had the stick on a Twin Otter so I am hardly a expert. But I did fly a heck of a lot of FSX aircraft and this (together with the Dimona) is by far the most convincing to me. It's not easy to fly but it all feels 100% natural and logical.

• Aerosoft

I am currently planning a home cockpit built around the existing Aerosoft Twinotter. Do you think there would be any issues going to the new one?

No, as you know one of our biggest advisors is a cockpit builder ands we'll make a SDK.

yeah more screenshots please. more of the floats and please do a texture for maldivian air taxo and trans maldivian airways :D would be great :)

Am I the only one on most forums who likes a few screenshots and that's all? I prefer some surprises when I buy it, so from me, more info, less shots, shorter time until release and more surprises on your first flight. I´m not trying to be too negative, but a certain scenery developer showed around 120 shots of an airfield recently, day night, all seasons, every building, what is there to find once you buy it!

Archived