Twin Otter Extended Preview (FSX,P3D)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Aerosoft-Team,

:excellenttext_s:

I love to fly the Twin Otter and really enjoy trips in the north western region of the US and BC (Canada). So it is good news! Bad news, however, that there is no discount for owner of the current version...

I agree with all the suggestions in this threat and please make sure that you handle all the issues that were discussed in this forum earlier (like issues with the reverser throttle - which sucks when you are on floats!). Please also consider them if they have been resolved eventually. Every post is a sign that things can be improved.

If you are looking for a Beta-tester: Email me and I will be ready and willing to do the job!

Do you think it would be possible to implement some interaction with an animated copilot? I mean: Is it possible to animate a copilot who could read the checklists or certain procedures?

Looking forward to hear any news from this Project!

Best regards,

Till

Will be waiting for this!!!!. They fly over my house every single day on route to the islands in the Pacific and toward the Jungle villages of Darien. Please make sure a very good manual of the aircraft is enclosed not just a "screen follow-up" even if you have to add a few dollars to the price.....:)

• Aerosoft

Bad news, however, that there is no discount for owner of the current version...

Till, we got avery clear procedure about this. If we reuse parts of the old project we'll discount, but in this project only the (real) manuals and plans are used of the old project.

A new Twotter?

Sounds good ;)

It would be great if there are the same models which are included in the current Twin Otter Add-On and also a few new models:

-Twin Otter 300 Skis

-Twin Otter 300 "Vistaliner" with bigger windows

-Twin Otter 100/300 Amphibian (Floats and Wheels)

-Twin Otter 100 Wheel Skis

Well, that's it ;)

And please do a better Sound-Set, I don't like the actual one...

I would like to see the BroncoX type checklist moved over and improved with the Extended Twotter.

Maybe add some verbal stuff for callouts and barbs. A2A Sims has a great system on their latest version of the B377 Stratoliner COTS, totally witten outside of FSX, I understand. 1,000 or so unique sound bite library that sounds like a real person (read dumb copilot) and no two are the same.That would be great.

Maybe better looking crew uniforms this time. Drop the silly looking hats.

An easier to use GPS.

One or two panel click spots (hot spots) for user additions would be wonderful.

Ray

Till, we got avery clear procedure about this. If we reuse parts of the old project we'll discount, but in this project only the (real) manuals and plans are used of the old project.

Understood and (totally) accepted! We all need to earn money and that is o.k. as long as there is value for the money (which I do not doubt)!

I have yesterday (after a long time) once again consulted the German handbook and found that there is a lot of room for improvement.

If you want to discuss this or want to hear my thoughts on this please send me an email (might be boring for the rest of the comunity to read my nitpicking complaints).

Looking forward to fly the new Twin Otter!

Best regards, Till

This is my favourite AC to sim with and I look forward to the upgrade. I believe that the Beaver X and then Twin Otter were my first two AC purchases when I came into this hobby, and they remain my most popular.

The greater the complexity and the realism for flight and systems management and maintenance the better as an upgrade. Please keep the tundra wheels and I plead for the amphib as well! Would a turbo model be considered for the package? :excellenttext_s:

I can't begin to comprehend the general stupidity of some people....

A whole new aircraft, not using recycled code, I'll be more than happy to pay normal price for it, not some discount due to it being a recycled aircraft, we've seen what happens when developers do this haven't we? Forgetting the sim you may be using?

A discount because you own the previous one? Are you that cheap? Damn...I wish Audi did that with my car!

Sam.

This is indeed exciting! Kudos on this. Only one small (I hope) change I'd like to see from the original package (which of course I have) is have the 300 on wheel/skis, tundras and floats. Currently you can get the 100 on skis only and floats, or the 300 on wheel/skis but no floats. The thinking here is that many northern operators switch gear from floats to wheel/skis when the lakes ice over (and vice versa when they open up), so it would be really handy to be able to maintain that level of continuity by using the same airplane all year, but with the different gear.

I noticed one fellow asked about whether this meant the Beaver was still going ahead, but that hasn't been addressed anywhere I can find despite doing a search. Would it be possible to find out if that is also in the works please?

Many thanks!

Great news. My only wish is an Aeropelican (Ansett Australia) livery for the release. The only reason that I don't fly the original around on Vatsim is because the repaint for the existing model is no longer available. There are only so many times I can do a geographic survey or coast patrol in Australia. (Thank you OzX) And I'm such a stickler for these tiny things. Echoing what others have mentioned, the analogue gauges are what makes this plane all the more enjoyable, at least for me. I have never flown the 300 actually. But a livery doesn't always make the plane....

An LUA to allow integration with existing hardware via FSUIPC built in, such as Airbus X would also be very nice.

One of the features this new project should have is a realistic high quality soundset..The Twin Otter has a very distinct sound from start up to feathering engines and shut down.

And on another note....the previous Twin Otter had pilots who wore full pilot uniforms including hats and that just isn't realistic...most/all Twin otter pilots fly in simple shirt and ties or no ties at all...On float versions you might want to model pilots with no ties and shorts..

Will the new project work with AES? Finally, Twin Otters aren't very new so can you give the cockpit some reasonable but not overpowering wear and tear?

• Aerosoft

One of the features this new project should have is a realistic high quality soundset..The Twin Otter has a very distinct sound from start up to feathering engines and shut down.

And on another note....the previous Twin Otter had pilots who wore full pilot uniforms including hats and that just isn't realistic...most/all Twin otter pilots fly in simple shirt and ties or no ties at all...On float versions you might want to model pilots with no ties and shorts..

Will the new project work with AES? Finally, Twin Otters aren't very new so can you give the cockpit some reasonable but not overpowering wear and tear?

I agree, sound has to be really good for this one.

Don't worry about the uniforms, there will be no hats this time!

AES? Of course, all aircraft we do has AES config files included to save you some time, but every aircraft will work with AES!

And on the VC, it's simple, the one we do will look very much like this one: http://www.airliners.net/photo/De-Havilland-Canada/1579299/L/&sid=e3b0bbbb169446ca17c9fe24fcc84e5e. That's the one we have access to and that's the one we will model.

• Aerosoft

This is indeed exciting! Kudos on this. Only one small (I hope) change I'd like to see from the original package (which of course I have) is have the 300 on wheel/skis, tundras and floats. Currently you can get the 100 on skis only and floats, or the 300 on wheel/skis but no floats. The thinking here is that many northern operators switch gear from floats to wheel/skis when the lakes ice over (and vice versa when they open up), so it would be really handy to be able to maintain that level of continuity by using the same airplane all year, but with the different gear.

I noticed one fellow asked about whether this meant the Beaver was still going ahead, but that hasn't been addressed anywhere I can find despite doing a search. Would it be possible to find out if that is also in the works please?

Many thanks!

Good point on the floats/skis. I will look at that.

The Beaver project is shifted behind the Twotter because I have heard there is some other work on a Beaver for X-Plane being done. Let's see how well that one looks before I pour a zillion euro's into the project.

The Beaver project is shifted behind the Twotter because I have heard there is some other work on a Beaver for X-Plane being done. Let's see how well that one looks before I pour a zillion euro's into the project.

Well, a new Beaver for X-Plane isn't of much use for FSX users, so I'm disappointed to hear that it would have a bearing on its development.

• Aerosoft

Well, a new Beaver for X-Plane isn't of much use for FSX users, so I'm disappointed to hear that it would have a bearing on its development.

Well you will see a lot of developments that are for multiple platforms this year. So a seriously good project on X-Plane could very well be the start of a good FSX project!

Archived