Frankfurt-Hahn X (topic closed, product released)

Guest Tiziana Krüger

• Aerosoft

Request open Beta for the weekend.. ;)

Lol, sorry but no.

The main issue with this release is the fact we are going to use our new installer/protection with it. The new system makes the launcher optional and makes the installation and activation one process. So no longer you will be asked to enter your serial twice etc. Now clearly we want to get this right as it is (especially for German customers) such a hot potato.

We picked Hahn for this as it is an internal development and we do not have to discuss release dates with external developers for that. But things look good and I see no reason release should not happen soon.

My comment wasn't ment too serious ;)

I really await this scenery, as we serve EDFH as a base with econair.

The news about the installer sound indeed very nice and semm to simplify things alot :)

In other words, this one is a test for the new installer. If it works good here, you'll use it on more future products (like the upcoming Rome Fiumicino).

Then I guess it's worth waiting, specially since the waiting is only once for all the products that will be using this installer.

And I guess Friedrichshafen still uses the old installer.

I'm really looking forward to this also. I just read an article about this airport in an airport magazine and I was looking to see if I already had it. Now I am seeing that it is ready for release and I'm ready for it.

I guess release will not take place this week.

We still have thursday and friday! it may happen.....but i don't think so. would be better if we could be given some infos about whats goin on.

at mid-January the announcement, then at 8 February last pic´s before release and now, 3 weeks later, nothing to see here. That shows once again that aerosoft in marketing still needs to learn more. Maybe it´s better to say nothing and announce the release when I´m sure that it works! That also might prevent disappointment and permanent expectations ;) !

• Upvote 1

at mid-January the announcement, then at 8 February last pic´s before release and now, 3 weeks later, nothing to see here. That shows once again that aerosoft in marketing still needs to learn more. Maybe it´s better to say nothing and announce the release when I´m sure that it works! That also might prevent disappointment and permanent expectations !

I absolutly agree with you...

at mid-January the announcement, then at 8 February last pic´s before release and now, 3 weeks later, nothing to see here. That shows once again that aerosoft in marketing still needs to learn more. Maybe it´s better to say nothing and announce the release when I´m sure that it works! That also might prevent disappointment and permanent expectations ;) !

Or instead of saying nothing they could say:

-today terminal has been completed

-today runway texturing just started

-today the dev team encounter a pb with this or that..... etc etc.....

I mean keep us updated constantly. instead of being around when they are confident and just go away when a pb show up! We are not stupid we can understand that this is a difficult task and that a tech problem may appear at anytime. What some pips don't understand is silence in a critical phase.

Totally agree.. really sad thing is that the scenery is ready, but on hold because of the ("&$&! installer..

Not sure about how you count, but to me at least (on Feb 16th), we're only 8 days after the final pic's before release post was made..........i.e. 1 week not 3 weeks. And, since then, Aerosoft have more than once stated that there's a slight delay whilst testing the installer.

I really can't see how anyone could be disappointed :huh:

Not sure about how you count, but to me at least (on Feb 16th), we're only 8 days after the final pic's before release post was made..........i.e. 1 week not 3 weeks. And, since then, Aerosoft have more than once stated that there's a slight delay whilst testing the installer.

I really can't see how anyone could be disappointed :huh:

Hello Paul,

Hm... my second nontopic comment here . . .

i count 3 Weeks from 17.January and if you look into the threads and in other forums you can see what i mean.

Hello Paul,

Hm... my second nontopic comment here . . .

i count 3 Weeks from 17.January and if you look into the threads and in other forums you can see what i mean.

OK, I could read it that way as well and come up with 3 weeks too. Even so, for users to be upset about the lack of a release 3 weeks after a product is announced to be in beta, still seems unreasonable to me. However, Tizi's comment in the announcement post about "release should be next week" was probably not the best thing to post :rolleyes:

• Aerosoft

Volker, this is 2012 and companies need to communicate with customers as much as they can. Just saying nothing and just releasing a new product as a great surprise might have worked in 1995 but for sure that's the best way to kill your company in this day and age. And communicating means showing the good AND the bad. Projects that runs smooth and projects that are sluggish. It also means saying mea culpa is something fails. We got no problems what so ever doing any of that.

Now clearly this concept works for the vast majority of users, after all this is the best frequented forum we have. But there are some, like you, that take offense when does not work out as we planned or hoped. I fully realize that such customers exist. And soon we'll have a solution for them. Next to the 'members' user group on the forums there will be a special one that does not show any projects in progress. A forum like this one will not be visible to you (of course if you prefer that!). You can then simply wait until the project is released and shows up on our news pages and in the 'released' forum and you will not be bothered by our problems and our communications about projects that are not yet released. This will prevent the "disappointment and permanent expectations" you have and it will solve your problem.

Of course for our other customers we'll maintain the principle that it is better to show where we are and what we think will happen in the near future.

• Upvote 4