Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

StavangerX disturb the landclass at Jan Mayen

5 posts in this topic

# 1   Posted

Hej Aerosoft

I have made a small improvement for ENJA on Jan Mayen, but after installing Stavanger the landclass has changed completely to a very unrealistic mild clima, leaf trees, lots of houses and fields (jpeg 1).

Jan Mayen has a harsh arctic tundra landscape with no settelemnts, trees ect., so it was very bad news to conclude the change.

I de-installed Stavanger, but only to find the landclass comletely destroyed, look at enclosed Jpeg 2.

lots of black squares.

I have also installed the Scenery tech landlass for europe, but the landclass for Jan Mayen is as enclosed on Jpeg 3.

I hope you can help, so the order can be restored :mallet_s:

NB; i have installed Stavanger again, and it solved the black problem, but still, Jan Mayen is far away from realism.

Take Care

JP

post-25268-0-20372800-1326553696_thumb.j

post-25268-0-22364700-1326553713_thumb.j

post-25268-0-06421100-1326553727_thumb.j

# 2   Posted

Hello JP,

I have just installed Stavanger X and before I did I checked the scenery as it is in Picture 1, then after I installed Stavanger I went back to check and its exactly the same as picture 1 so the install hasn't changed anything here.

# 3   Posted

Hello JP,

I have just installed Stavanger X and before I did I checked the scenery as it is in Picture 1, then after I installed Stavanger I went back to check and its exactly the same as picture 1 so the install hasn't changed anything here.

Hej Shaun

Thanks for reply, i just wonder about the missing landclass resolved after re-install of StavangerX. could it be a corrupted download/installation, and is it possible to recover the original landclass as shoved on Jpeg 1.

# 4   Posted

Hello Jens,

I would disable all 3rd party scenery in your scenery library and that should only leave default scenery then recheck the island.

# 5   Posted

Hej Again

I tried your suggestion, and found the culprit, Scenery-Techs Landclass for Europe. it leaves me with a sad feeling putting the blame on StavangerX wich endee is a fine product, but it really puzzles me why the black square problem dissapeared after re-installing it as descibed before. Yet again, FSX is something we have to live with,...not to understand :big_boss_s: Thanks for your help, once more.