Addon for Antartica X: Mario Zuchelli

etien

Wow! Impressive piece of work for starters! :)

Let me add a few suggestions (provided you used Gmax or 3DS to create this):

• You can make the 3D terrain you created landable using a platform. See FSX SDK.
  • The terrain reflects the sunlight. If you added this texture as FSX Material, check "No base material specular" in the material settings to remove the reflection.
  • Add a smooth modifier to your terrain in Gmax/3DS (you find it at the same location where you find UVWUnwrap etc.). The higher the number, the smoother it will look.
  • For the 3D object's textures I would recommend some perspective correction. See here how to do this.

If you need more info, just check the forums at fsdeveloper.com to get familar with the techniques. As soon as everything is done I would recommend to release this at AVSIM and Flightsim.com's freeware libraries. There are plenty of people that are already using Antarctica X and will be happy about any addition for sure.

Bests,

Sascha

Thanks Sascha for your feed back.

• You can make the 3D terrain you created landable using a platform. See FSX SDK.

could do; at least put some kind of helipad somewhere
    • The terrain reflects the sunlight. If you added this texture as FSX Material, check "No base material specular" in the material settings to remove the reflection.

The way I work is by using sketchup + modelconverterX; not too sure I can do that then. Will try because indeed this is "funy".

• Add a smooth modifier to your terrain in Gmax/3DS (you find it at the same location where you find UVWUnwrap etc.).The higher the number, the smoother it will look.

same

[*]

For the 3D object's textures I would recommend some perspective correction. See here how to do this.

Fair enuf; didnot know gimp was doing it (I tend to strech the texture on a cube in sketchup; rotate the cube; then do I screenshot of the corrected face). Is this that bad?

As soon as everything is done....

... should already be on simviation.

Ok I may want to perfect it a bit; but honestly for me as a hobby developper the current result is okish.

Please notice that I dont want to reduce the potential impact of a professional payware extension from LimSim; so if you think this is unwelcome please be sincere.

If not; I may want to pursue and add some building at marambio, and populate some of the coast of King George Island.

Etienne

Please notice that I dont want to reduce the potential impact of a professional payware extension from LimSim; so if you think this is unwelcome please be sincere.

If not; I may want to pursue and add some building at marambio, and populate some of the coast of King George Island.

Feel free to go ahead! Just keep your hands off the Belgian station and camps around McMurdo for the moment (until we know in a few months if there will be an update with additional content). :)

Bests,

Sascha

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...