First impressions from a late buyer

WF442

Hi there!

I only recently purchased the Airbus X and would like to share my view on this addon. You guys at Aerosoft probably won`t like all of it though. ;)

Lets start with the engine start. I have read that the normal FSX engine start (rapid spool up) is there because you didn`t want to code your own engines, You were worried about FPS loss and something about a weather engine conflict. I think that all it comes down to, is that it was easier this way. I just hope the advanced version will have custom coded engines.

My next issue is the way the bus follows the flight plan. It overshoots every waypoint if the turn has an angle of more than 25-30 degrees. Neither the FSX ATC or Radar Contact is pleased with the way the bus drifts the corners. :)

My last issue is the bug with the TOC/TOD when you have more than 5 waypoints before/after these. I think that is sloppy. Enough said.

Positives? Sure... Beutiful visual model, Nice cockpit lighting (even if it`s only on/off) and a very nice VC.

I just don`t think that the few positives makes up for the rather nasty issues. You could really have a top notch product if you could fix these issues.

Now let`s see how long it takes before this post is locked or deleted. ;)

regards

Bjørn Erik Henriksen

• Deputy Sheriffs

You have discovered all those 'facts' (and others) by reading here before you purchased. And yet you went ahead?

+1

That't something I also do not understand. Today, the web with its forums ist the best place to gather informations about a product before buying it. And the pros and cons of the AirbusX and what is going on at the moment with the Airbus had been discussed here in depth. So there is absolutely no reason to complain except one's own stupidness not to check before buying. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

I purchased this plane with a feeling that it was safe since it`s Aerosoft.

I waited this long to give Aerosoft the time to fix the typical release bugs. Too bad i`m not the guy who reads forums everyday.

Thanks to you guys for being so positive and friendly. :rolleyes:

I just love the internet with all the nice people and nice attitudes.

regards

Bjørn Erik Henriksen

+1

That't something I also do not understand. Today, the web with its forums ist the best place to gather informations about a product before buying it. And the pros and cons of the AirbusX and what is going on at the moment with the Airbus had been discussed here in depth. So there is absolutely no reason to complain except one's own stupidness not to check before buying. :rolleyes:

To be fair, I didn't read Bjørn's post as a complaint, merely a first impression, so your reply could be read as a being a bit over the top. In fact given the few issues mentioned compared to what some have said, I read the post like a glowing review.

I purchased this plane with a feeling that it was safe since it`s Aerosoft.

I waited this long to give Aerosoft the time to fix the typical release bugs. Too bad i`m not the guy who reads forums everyday.

Thanks to you guys for being so positive and friendly. :rolleyes:

I just love the internet with all the nice people and nice attitudes.

regards

Bjørn Erik Henriksen

I don't think it would take more than a few minutes of reading to find out that this Aerosoft Airbus is not in the same league as the PMDG NGX, in either complexity, accuracy or price.........though there's probably a good argument to say it's as good in the visuals department. Also, a couple of minutes in the forum would have made you aware of the fact that a more complex version is on the way.