Dutch Harbor X scenery problems

maxus3

Hi

I received DHX for Christmas, and it looks great !

I am having a strange problem, when I land at the DH airport, the VASI lights "chase" me down the runway, they run along with the aircraft ! Also, most (not all) of the vehicles, when I'm viewing the plane from the exterior, look like Tonka toys.... for instance large construction vehicles show as much smaller than the Cessna 172 !

Any suggestions appreciated ! Thanks.

-bob

post-29730-0-66357900-1325648130_thumb.p

Screenshot?

wish me luck on adding pics here....

ok, the first one you can see baggage on the runway, the "Tonka: backhoe in front of the plane, with a full size truck in background. Secondarily, the black patches on runway that also move around are somewhat visible.

Second pic show better than first the lights that chase me down the runway

and the third show trees on tarmac in addition to one more Tonka toy (there are many more to right, towards terminal, but I think you "get the picture") :confused2_s:

Anyway, everything else (well, that I've seen so far) is awesome! Obviously I'd really like to resolve this since DH airport is the "star of this show" and not a tiny little piece I could ignore. Any suggestions appreciated !

-bob

post-29730-0-09554100-1325648144_thumb.p

post-29730-0-99233600-1325648522_thumb.p

Hello Bob,

Do you have any AI Traffic programs that might use there own afcads for this airport, if so try disabling them.

Also are you using Windows Vista/7.

Ach, sorry for omiting such basic info. I am using Windows 7. Does that have an effect?

I do have AI Traffic - honestly, operating in this part of the world (Aleutians) I didn't even think about it.

So I will try disabling it and seeing what it does. Quick anticipatory question, is there generally a way to reactivate it (MyTrafficX by some outifit named Aerosoft :) mid-flight? Reason for asking is if I'm doing a DH to PANC flight, would be nice to have capability to swith for obvious reasons.

Hopefully I'll have a chance in the next few days to fire this puppy up and try that solution. Nice Tonka toys, eh?

Thanks Shaun

-bob

I should add, the the tonka toy vehicles are still there, but in "real " size. So, the whys and wherefors mystify me, but alas I am happy.

You only need disable the afcad for 3rd party airports and not them all.

Hi Shaun

I'm not sure how to execute that (i.e. disable afcads, i just disabled all of MTX) , but what I meant was (sorry for lack of clarity) that the vehicles I referred to as Tonka's, being now full sized, are now logical parts of landscape, only point being they are the same vehicles that used to be miniatures. They look like part of DHX, perhaps could be from something else (all that's left otherwise is default since I disabled MyTrafficX) but I suspect they are really DHX artifacts, just with weird ramifications when the MTX was enabled. In other words, whatever their provenance, they look great now!

This scenery is a thing of beauty. Great job. May I ask one little more question?

the map seems to clearly show that Cape Sarichel is within the scenery area, yet when I flew there it was clearly default scenery. It seemed (less clear due to haste and possible navigational erros) that this may also have been case with a couple of the extreme Southwest islands. Any explanations/suggestions? Thanks !