RTWC - The winners

Matt_Smith

Its been an epic jurney covering some of the most scenic areas of the world along with some of the most challenging approaches. A real marathon, a true test of an aviators staminar. Congratualtions to you all, its you guys that have made this what it has been. Special thanks to Ole for helping sanmitise my madness and geting the challenge off the ground, getting so much sponsorship and running it all in my absense. A big thank you goes to all our generous sponsors, with out their generosity it wouldnt have been much of a copmetition.

So, the winner - drum roll please.....

Andreas with an overall average of 115.80

And our two runners up

Gonçalo with an overall average of 113.83

Luke with an overall average of 102.86

Congratulations guys!

Your prizes will be arranged over the coming days

And lastly the final table - The whole competition was very close run, very well done guys!

Av scores Phase1 Phase2 Phase3 Phase4 Phase5 Total average

Andreas 115,77 112,88 111,79 116,53 122,00 115,80

Maddz 106,15 98,06 96,57 98,86 114,65 102,86

Ian 70,52 76,06 73,08 88,32 89,19 79,43

Dale 69,91 86,40 86,57 85,96 86,87 83,14

Goncales 107,04 124,48 104,50 110,85 122,26 113,83

ManueIL 103,65 101,52 96,85 97,17 115,02 102,84

Thanks to everyone for taking part. RTWC II anyone? lol

Thanks again Matt, Ole, everyone who took part, and our sponsers too.It was a great challenge...not sure on RTWC II tho Matt...lol..

Well done Andreas, 1st overall - well deserved, all 3 digit averages.So..What's the name of taxiway delta going to be? ;)

Yes, very well done Andreas, excellent scores! And well done to everyone for keeping it going - it was a lot of work but I enjoyed it immensely. I'd like to think my flying is a bit better too! :lol:

Wow, I'm speechless! It took a loooong time to fly around the world, and for me it wasn't always easy to have the discipline to fly the next leg to complete the phase within time.

It has been a completely new experience for me to prepare each and every flight. Just sit in the plane and Take off wasn't longer possible. Proper Prior Preparation Prevents #### Poor Performance! How true!

Especially at the beginning of the world tour I had to do a lot of homework:

at the end of Phase 1, I found out that Mr. Smith also want have checked Aileron, Elevator, Rudder, Flaps and Magnetos. Also, the height to disable the AP is measured in AGL and not MSL was clear to me later.

But that's exactly the charm from our trip around the world: to learn and improve constantly. And that's why I enjoyed it very very much!!

:groupflip_s:

Don't get me wrong, but now I'm looking forward to fly my C185 through the bush. Without flight plan or route!

Doing some Crosswind landings like Jim Tweeto (Flying Wild Alaska). :big_boss_s:

Ole and Matt, thanks for your idea, your dedication and passion to get this Round The Worl Challenge on its feet!!

Many thanks to all sponsors who have supported us so great!

Thank you so much!

:grouprespect_s: :grouprespect_s: :grouprespect_s:

I wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow evening to fly with you all from LOWI to EAFS and would love to get to know you personally maybe on FS Konferenz 2012?

best regards

Andreas Welge

• Upvote 1

Congratulations Andreas, Gonçalo and Luke!! Fantastic scores everyone. The first round in the AFFC is on you.

And a great thank you to Matt, Ole! You did a great job organizing all this - and giving us a kick when necessary to go on. :D Thanks a lot also to the FSFS people and all the sponsors!!

Finally I would like to give my best wishes to my instructor Mr. Smith, who had to transferred to a closed psych ward after completing the RTWC with me. As far as I heard he is already improving and may be transferred to an open facility early next year. So let's see about the RTWC II when it comes along. ;)

Have a happy New Year everyone!

Manuel

<snip>

Finally I would like to give my best wishes to my instructor Mr. Smith, who had to transferred to a closed psych ward after completing the RTWC with me. As far as I heard he is already improving and may be transferred to an open facility early next year. <snip>

I wonder if thats the place they sent me to? :lol:

Finally I would like to give my best wishes to my instructor Mr. Smith, who had to transferred to a closed psych ward after completing the RTWC with me. As far as I heard he is already improving and may be transferred to an open facility early next year. So let's see about the RTWC II when it comes along. ;)

:hahaha_s::lolsign_s:

Congratulations to everyone that finished. That was the main goal here. What an adventure, and what fine time spent in the cockpit (errr..computer)...!

A special note to Andreas, well done mate! What a fantastic score you achieved!

Just got word that FSFlyingSchool has given a completely new FSFlyingSchoolPRO and Voice pack to the top three guys. You will hear from them guys. Congratulations. And Ill be back with more prized at the 15.th latest

Congratulations to everyone for successes, perserverance and fellowship during the challenge.

It was great fun and it was great to have a purpose to my flying. I can't say I'll miss Mr Whittle (we're not speaking!). Now if only I could find someone to resurrect "Battle of the Airlines".

Is the last flight on the 15th still happening?

What about WELGE AVENUE :unsure:

You won, the choice is purely your own :) If you chose to name it after yourself in hommage to your achievement that is fine with me, and really quite fitting.

As for spam..... Theres only one kind of spam at Andras Field

spam.jpg

Cooked just the way you like it in the club house.

You won, the choice is purely your own :) If you chose to name it after yourself in hommage to your achievement that is fine with me, and really quite fitting.

As for spam..... Theres only one kind of spam at Andras Field

spam.jpg

Cooked just the way you like it in the club house.

It can also fly

Ok Gentlemen

As I said in the other post (http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/50992-christmas-celebratory-dc-3-event/page__pid__352217__st__40#entry352217 I would like to know it everybody got their prizes for phase 5.

AND - Andreas, you won the right to rename Taxiway Delta. Pick your name for it and it will be changed. Your chance to become immortal in Andras Field.

Anything goes - as long as its legal of course. I would not accept "Hitler Jugend avenue" for instance, and I am not even sure about "Richard Nixon street" :mallet_s: but I guess names like "Allen´s Alleyway" or "Gates gateway" would fit in nicely...

OR "Rover street" if you have a dog called Rover - or whatever... you get the idea, right? :big_boss_s:

Hello Ole,

I think that Andreas Ave in Andras Field could lead to some irritations. I prefer "Welge Avenue". As I taxied last weekend with my new PA46T Malibu to RWY26 to fly some circuits, a voice in my head that sounded like a navigation system said "in 100 yards turn right into Welge Avenue". And I thought to myself in a proud way: sounds realy cool!

Hello Ole,

I think that Andreas Ave in Andras Field could lead to some irritations. I prefer "Welge Avenue". As I taxied last weekend with my new PA46T Malibu to RWY26 to fly some circuits, a voice in my head that sounded like a navigation system said "in 100 yards turn right into Welge Avenue". And I thought to myself in a proud way: sounds realy cool!

And cool it is!

Ole,

Can I claim anotehr Aerosoft prize for wining phase 5?

cheers,

g.