Where am I? - A little ongoing quiz

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Lets start with the same letter: What about

Cork?

My bad.  OMG!  I must have been very tired.:unsure:

Try heading East. Is that right?  Yes I'm pretty sure.  East!

2 hours ago, Gabe Dang said:

Berlin-Tegel?

Not Berlin-Tegel, but that is very close.  Come back South West a bit.

Another hint - this airport has now closed, very recently, and somewhat controversially.

Well if by "very recently" you mean in the last 10 years or so, I'll have a guess at Tempelhof, as it's close to Berlin and closed. Having said that, I've neevr been there and I don't know what it's like, so your picture isn't helping :lol:

Maxplane1 has it.  It's EDBC - Magdeburg / Cochstedt.

I only just read it had closed the other night when I was flying there in the sim.  Apparently it closed in August this year due to licensing and/or documentation.

vor 2 Stunden , Captain Doctor sagte:

@Stillwater the building on your right looks a little bit like the Allianz Arena, but there is too much water for munich :D

oh wait, is this Hamburg? :D

Edit: Oh wait, is this Hamburg? :D

Yes you are right, the city is Hamburg. By chance the clouds were covering famous places like the Alster or the Köhlbrandbrücke...

vor 1 hour , Jan Broe sagte:

Indeed Hamburg - Finkenwerder Airport in upper right corner and Volkspark Stadium (or Imtech Arena or whatever it's called this week) midway down on the right...

Yes Jan, you got it: Finkenwerder airport. Your turn now!

PS: I also do not remember what the stadium is called this week, and I see no sense in having some fancy company names on each event place (changing faster than you can get used to it).

On 18/12/2016 at 10:58 AM, Kim Grandalen said:

Well see, i didn't know that.

It's okay - let's use Kim's picture!

But any chance you could re-do the picture with a bit more brightness, Kim? It looks extremely dark here, so it's hard to see the details in the background...

Archived