Where am I? - A little ongoing quiz

3 hours ago, Pete76 said:

Ah! Sorry! I didn't realize :) Very well - this is not going to be very difficult but next time around I will be prepared.

***EDIT: Sry... I am too thick to get a pic into here. So pls see the attached file.

2016-8-7_12-54-4-83.bmp

Hi Pete,

No worries.  To post a pic I use OzX image hosting (FsFiles.org).  Just upload a pic there and then selet and copy the "BBCode Embed" code.  Just choose it from the drop down menu when your pic is uploaded.  Then paste that link in any forum and the pic will appear.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/

Cheers,

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can upload a pic directly to your post by clicking on the "choose files" link. Just convert it to jpeg format first to compress it. Here's the pic in the post above for anyone who doesn't want to download it. I hope the original uploader doesn't mind me posting it.

Please login to display this image.

I'm pretty sure it's Dubai.  That was my initial thought, actually because of the building designs (sim), the port, the look of a wide flat space, and the spire sticking through the fog.  I just started at Dubai to check, and I think it is.  I had a couple of other thoughts such as Thessaloniki and Heraklion, but it is Dubai.

Cheers,

@scotth6 c'est correct :D Not to diminish your effort, but I guess that was not too hard to guess. Next time around I will post a picture of an autogen tree... "guess where"...

:) You're up then, I presume.

Oh - and many thanks for the short tutorial in getting images in here!

@nealmac thanks for posting it again!

12 hours ago, nealmac said:

That would be EIDW Dublin, just outside my boss's hangar lol.

Well that's not fair :lol:.

Yes it is.  Correctamundo.  I must say I like those hangars too.  They look pretty stylish with the rounded corners and the trim around the edges.

Your turn Neal

Cheers,

We actually extended the one with the red trim by about 4 metres. He bought a new Dassault Falcon a few years ago and the nose was almost touching the gate. It belongs to Larry Goodman, of ABP Food Group, one of the biggest beef processors and exporters in the UK and Ireland.

I'll put a pic up later when I get home.

I was thinking of getting a Dassault Falcon myself; the Wilco one :rolleyes:.  That's a really sleek aircraft.  I used to watch them fly in to Essendon (YMEN) all the time.  Actually, those hangars remind me of Essendon too.  The one with the red trim reminds me of the Air Ambulance base.

Cheers,

Usually whoever guesses correctly posts the next pic, but as you can the guy who got it right hasn't come back. If you want to post one of your own I don't think anyone would mind :)

Oh!  I was going to guess that. ^_^ Last night I was going to write " either France, Italy, or Madeira" :P, after my first thought was Madeira.  Actually I was just about to install it and have a look around as I just got home from work.

Too late anyway.

Well done Captain Doctor, you beat me to it :cheers_s:

Cheers,

vor 4 Stunden , scotth6 sagte:

Oh!  I was going to guess that. ^_^ Last night I was going to write " either France, Italy, or Madeira" :P, after my first thought was Madeira.  Actually I was just about to install it and have a look around as I just got home from work.

Too late anyway.

Well done Captain Doctor, you beat me to it :cheers_s:

Cheers,

Nice story :D

@scotth6 I´m not at home at the moment, so you can post the next picture if you want :)

Archived