Repaints for Antarctic Aircraft

Daniel Fürnkäß

Sascha said it should be no problem to promote them here:

I did some textures for FSX addon airplanes flying down in Antarctica (Sascha asked me to do it) and I'm still not finished!

The Antarctica X Scenery is just AWESOME! Great job!

Thanks again to Sascha for sending me all the great aircraft pictures. They help a lot!

Here's what I've got so far:

Captain Sim LC-130 - U.S. Air Force - City of Cristchurch n.Z. (31096)

Captain Sim LC-130 - U.S. Air Force - Pride of Glenville (31094)

Captain Sim LC-130 - U.S. Air Force - Pride of Scontia (30493)

Captain Sim LC-130 - U.S. Air Force (30490)

Captain Sim LC-130 - Royal New Zealand Air Force (NZ7004)

Project Airbus - A319-115LR/ACJ - Skytraders/Australian Antarctic Division (2048x2048 HD Textures)

CeraSim Bell 212 - National Science Foundation

working on textures for the Aerosoft - DHC-6 Twin Otter, too

Kenn Borek Air and British Antarctic Survey textures need to be updated

klick here to see the preview

It's difficult to textrue an airplane without the model. Painting with the paintkit only, takes a long time!

Sending and receiving lots of texture files!

One other small project I'm working on with Manfred Jahn and Alexander Metzger is the Basler BT-67 (it's going to be freeware)

Here approaching Neumayer III Station (Airplane is still in alpha test)

The only thing between you and the textrues is my download server. It crashed about one week ago. I'm going to uplaod my textures to flightsim.com as soon as I got the time. Got lots of exams to write, can be compared to the A levels. They should be available before Christmas! Promise!

Hope you like them so far!

Regards, Daniel Furnkas

Hello Daniel,

Dont forget we got a Download section in the forum that you can upload them too.

good to know that! Thank you very much! The Twotter Textures will be added to your download section as soon as they are finished

got good news! mysites, my host is back online :D

get the LC-130 and C-130 fleet here

get the Bell 212 here

A319, still the low quality livery, but available! HD texture is in test mode right now!

will be online this weekend!

Start working on a Paint for the good old Bo 105 from MBB (Nemeth Designs) - in RW the Polarstern use this Helicopter-Type. I know, the ND Bo 105 did not have emergency floats, but ....... . So if there is interest i`ll upload it on the usual sites (after it is finished).

Dirk

post-17307-0-93371800-1323440608_thumb.j

I finished two repaints for the ND Bo105 - both are inspired by the Aircrafts and Helicopters that were used by the "Alfred Wegener Institut for Polar Research" for Mission-Support during Polar-Expeditions and Research-Campaigns. D-HAWI in the "older" colors and D-HAPF in the colors of the now used Basler Turbo-Dak's.

post-17307-0-15606000-1323610168_thumb.p

post-17307-0-02578300-1323610220_thumb.p

Twin Otter HD set Preview:

I started to recreate the Twin Otter Textures (new texture resolution 2048x2048 HD)

The white part is already in the new HD resolution, more rivets need to be added. Finally managed to create new bump_maps and alpha_maps

Hello,

how can i download this great liveries?

Regards

Michael

I finished two repaints for the ND Bo105 - both are inspired by the Aircrafts and Helicopters that were used by the "Alfred Wegener Institut for Polar Research" for Mission-Support during Polar-Expeditions and Research-Campaigns. D-HAWI in the "older" colors and D-HAPF in the colors of the now used Basler Turbo-Dak's.

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK guys,

I like to contribute also something!

preSKYTRADERS.jpg

The Airbus is a bit fictional because it's an A319 paint for the AIRBUSX.

He is approaching and then you can find this paint in the download area.

Regards from EDDS

Holgi

Hi Dirk,

thanks for the MBB Bo-105 "Antarctic Pack". Absolut great with Antarctica X ;)

Regards

Michael

Great work Holgi - another "Airbus-Must have !"

My Helicopter-Repaints are uploaded to avsim, flightsim and SOH and should be available shortly.

Greetings to all

Dirk

• Deputy Sheriffs
Great work Holgi - another "Airbus-Must have !"

My Helicopter-Repaints are uploaded to avsim, flightsim and SOH and should be available shortly.

Greetings to all

Dirk

Hallo Dirk,

absolut cool, Danke für Dein Repaint!

Thank you for you repaint!

Holgi

• 3 weeks later...

Twin Otter HD set Preview:

I started to recreate the Twin Otter Textures (new texture resolution 2048x2048 HD)

The white part is already in the new HD resolution, more rivets need to be added. Finally managed to create new bump_maps and alpha_maps

Any progress with this texture?

Any progress with this texture?

I'm really sorry for that late reply!

It will take a while to finish this, I'm sorry! Need to set up a completely new base texture (textures, alpha channels, bump and spec maps)

About 900 rivets have been placed till now (~36h spend on that project)

Christmas holidays are over and I got other FSX projects running, too. E.g. a freeware Basler BT-67 for FSX (http://www.fsdevelop...ead.php?t=63780)

The rooftop, 2 different version and the left side of the fuselage are nearly done, 3 different base texture options to choose for painters

I got less freetime at the moment, doing all my textures besides school. Going to write my A-level exams in mai/june 2012.

Preparing for some presentations taking place in the next 2-3 weeks.

I'll try to finish it till march! I really try to, but can't promise anything!

I don't know if I'm allowed to release those textures and maybe a new special HD Paintkit, need to check this first!

Got into some trouble ... my texture seem to be bad and unrealistic, refered to the feedback I got till now. Barely got any good feedback on my textures. The TwOtter HD Pack is probably going to be the last texture pack I'm going to create

Regards, Daniel

• 5 months later...

Hello,

No news for the Twin Otter texture?

I just saw the infos for the Basler: awesome, very nice work seen on the sceenshots :)

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Some updates, yeah updates!

I reworked all my antarctic C-130 liveries, the colors did not match the original airplanes and I created some more:

Lockheed LC-130 "City of Christchurch N.Z. - 31096" - V2

65141_508111002545362_125736741_n.png

Captain Sim - Lockheed LC-130 "30490" - V2

16820_508112389211890_44540405_n.png

Captain Sim - Lockheed LC-130 "Pride of Glenville - 31094" - V2

795_508113369211792_1363814345_n.png

Captain Sim - Lockheed LC-130 "Pride of Scotia - 30493" - V2

405985_508115109211618_292029782_n.png

Captain Sim - Lockheed LC-130 "City of Albany - 30491" - NEW

165072_508125072543955_877213217_n.png

Captain Sim - Lockheed LC-130 "63302" - NEW

553257_508126862543776_156616724_n.png