Phase 5 - AND the RTWC - Concluded - Winners will be announced SHORTLY

OleAndreasen

ohh... You should join!

I vote for waiting for a new date then.

I second that. Now my rig is set up for online flying with IVAO or Gamespy, I fear another program for online flying would force my rig/FSX to its knees!

Regardless of I never managed to get VAE on my rig up and running.

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I am invited to a birthday tomorrow afternoon. While I will maybe be back by 8 pm, I will have no time to register and set up VAE. I will do the flight offline. If you decide to have the event at a later date, I will try to join.

As there is a problem with both the server and Ole's pc then I would suggest a new date. There is also an easy way in doing the online part if the server is down via gamespy. Someone (Ole or myself) can create a Host slot in gamespy Fly-In and password protect it. The details can then be posted here just prior to the start.

I offered to do ATC so I could set up the Multiplayer part and post details here. Communication maybe an issue as TS is on the same server and I have not tried the voice option within Gamespy and don't know how that works.

• Upvote 1

I agree, if it's the only way to get everyone in on the flight (and it will be better that way) then let's postpone it and hope it's not too long (with Christmas coming up over the horizon at a furious rate of knots!). Ideally an evening before the Christmas weekend but it obviously depends on the timing of the return of the servers and Ole's PC.

• Upvote 1

Have a session set up at present in Multiplayer/gamespy. Will sit on it for the next half hour or more to see if anyone pops in.

Session name = Andras

Password = andrasxmas

Guys..

Thank you. I am touched and honored that you want to postpone to have me flying along. I appreciate that a lot.

I suggest that we make a new date - Wednesday December 21.st at 21.00 Andras Field time. I hope that the server it up by then, but if not, then I hope that James will do his server suggestion.

I cannot remember if we can do a time-change when setting it up, but if possible, then James, please make it daylight, so we can see each other. Ill be up by Wednesday with my PC, and will setup TS3 also, so I should be ready.

Hope everybody is with me on this...

Friday would be better for me but if not then Wednesday will do (start work at Midnight). As to the server issue, I think (and I mean think) that if you set up your FSX to the Departure Airport and a parking spot, then adjust the time to 12:00 and save it, it should (if you load that flight before fully joining the session) place everyone on roughly the same time.

Shudda' hired 1 of the 700cc snow mobiles...there a blast!

With the amount of money I've spent on fuel, landing fees, overnight accomodation, food etc., etc. I have nothing left for a snowmobile :(

Guys... I am sorry to inform you all that I wont be able to attend any flying before Christmas. My Motherboard came today, but I found out that it dosent have an IDE slot, so now I cannot use my DVD-drive, hence not re-install windows or FSX.... So now I have to find a SATA-dvd drive, or an external DVD-drive before even getting to re-install anything, and this might take a few days - more money to spend.. sigh...

So please go on and fly without me. I will use my laptop to look at the phase 5 flights and find a final winner, WHO will get to name Taxiway Delta in Andras Field, along with the prizes to win...

I´ll be back on that one, but not on the online flight. I am very sorry.

My personal congratualtions to you all for finishing the RTWC, you may now go spend well earned time with loved ones :lol:

Theres €1000 behind the club house bar for you all to get off your trollies. Those with nowhere to stay are welcome to stay at AF74 while im away. But please dont feed the monkeys...