Phase 5 - AND the RTWC - Concluded - Winners will be announced SHORTLY

OleAndreasen

Gentlemen....

Time for the final struggle...The road back to Andras Field...

This is the longest phase... 19 legs of flight, and some of them pretty long.

So we need some time to finish. Phase will therefore start TODAY at 20.00z and last for 5 weeks - until Sunday December 18.th. I cannot stretch it any further, as Christmas will then be on, and I really want us to be back in Andras Field before Christmas

So - start up your engines, and get your sorry a**es home.

The route will go as follows...

phase%2B5.jpg

Last leg from Innstruck to Andras Field will NOT count in the competition, so ditch your preffered instructor (FSFS) in Innsbruck, and lets see if we can do the online flight the last bit home...

For the screenshot competition I will ONLY be judging pictures with the theme "Approaches" and you can put anything you feel like into that theme... If its not a pic of a runway infront of the aircraft, then explain why this is "approach" to you, and I´ll see if I can accept this. :-)

Good luck Gentlemen.

:excellenttext_s:

I won't be able to start right away today, but I got quite a few days off before christmas, so it will be a bit more relaxed for me.

Also gives me some time to try and get my FSX online. :)

Yeah, good question. But I think we have to use each type 4 times minimum.

Yeah, good question. But I think we have to use each type 4 times minimum.

It says in the rules: Phase 5 is 19 legs, each aircraft can be used no more than 5 times.

Now can someone help me please,

I've forgotten the (altered) rules about changing airplanes. Are we allowed to change them all (except DC3) at the start of each phase or was it once only?

It says in the rules: Phase 5 is 19 legs, each aircraft can be used no more than 5 times.

Now can someone help me please,

I've forgotten the (altered) rules about changing airplanes. Are we allowed to change them all (except DC3) at the start of each phase or was it once only?

You are allowed to change ONE aircraft in each category (piston, turbo, jet) for phase 5, (no matter if you already have done so earlier) :big_boss_s:

and you can use an aircraft a maximum of 5 times for the 18 flights. The last one dosen´t count, and the DC-3 for this flight, is NOT included in the 5 times you can use the DC-3 in the other flights if you so prefer.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I see that you are all making great progress on the last phase - getting tired of it? It´s quite normal to really hate the last bit. Instead of being thrilled about almost being there - as I thought I would be, before I did my first round the world trip - I loathed the last phase (32 legs it was - in the Caribbean which I absolutely adore)

Not until the very last leg did I feel the joy of having achieved something big and wonderful.

And this is why I say I now...

Ian has gotten his troubles sorted out, and is able to fly online.

SO - I propose that we do the last short hop (leg 19 LOWI - EAFS) ONLINE together - all in DC-3´s , on December 18. at 20.00 Andras Field time. (The server clock has been set to -10 hours - so we will have daylight to fly in)

Please say "aye" and I´ll announce it in the forums so others can grab a DC-3 and follow you guys home (I´ll be flying too)

You should be proud of yourselves. its really a great achievement you have accomplished. Flying the globe is something you remember.

AYE on my part. Have no impediment on flying at that time. I trust 2000 Andras time should be 1900 UTC right?

Already have goosebumbps thinking about that moment! It's gonna be awesome!

As for the boredom, I'm having a lot of FUN... It's just this desert part that is really boring! Looking forward to the well known Antalya, Santorini and so on..

I think Miss Aviatrix has something against me...

Same here with Mr. Smith. But what can you expect being stuck together in a small cockpit for so long - brings everyone to the edge.

Aye Aye

I will try to record our flight with FSRecorder (is able to record even AI traffic) so I can later replay it again and record it with fraps to create a little video. BUT this will take a lot of time. But i hope everything works fine and I can finish the video till end of the year

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, i'm hoping to reach Innsbruck between today and tomorrow.

Are the server problems solved?

Can anyone (OLE?) confirm that the last flight starts at 1900UTC (which is the same as 2000CET)?

UTC 19.00 is correct yes... But the server problem is NOT solved, and might not be at all before Sunday... It´s in the hands of Raphael at Aerosoft, and he says he dosent know when it will be back up and running... Ill keep anyone posted when I know more, but I am not optimistic. And i probably wont have my new Motherboard until Monday, so I seem to be out no matter what.

Sorry.