Andras meridian is fun!

Ian Pearse

I've neglected my flying for AMA recently due to being committed (and I probably should be!) to doing the RTWC. I had some spare time this morning and not feeling up to doing much, so jumped in the C206 at Andras and did a charter to Innsbruck and back. I'd forgotten how much fun these trips can be - hand-flying all the way, dodging thorugh the valleys in the run to LOWI then having to do a go-around as I was too high. Clouds and turbulence in amongst the peaks - brilliant! I need to do some regular trips so I can work up the hours, then I have an excuse to get the Carenado caravan and do some more serious stuff :D I've got my ATR-72 already for when I get that far... Looking forward to seeing the AMA terminal at Andras being completed - awkward working out of a hut and not a good impression on the passengers... ;)

Ian,

I too enjoy the GA aircraft that Andras Meridian Airlines offers, And LOWI with Approaching Innsbruck is always a pleasurable challenge, despite the fact that ATC always brings you in too high and directs you into mountains on departure. :boohoo_s: I've adapted my interpretation of their instructions.

So, let me be the first to congratulate you on climbing from probationary pilot to charter pilot, By the way, the Saratoga is available for you now.

I will note your achievement on the AMA forum.

Very best to you,

Clayton "Psybear" Scott AMA118

Administrator, Andras Meridian Airlines (VA)

www.andrasmeridian.com