Hi

It is known that windows 7 ultimate 64 bits comes with DirectX 11 installed.

1. Are aerosoft addons compatible with directX 11?

2. The same question for almost all other addons like flytampa, orbx, flight1 and so on...

3. If not, how can we uninstall DirectX11 and install directX 9.0c?

harpsi

The operation of addons has NOTHING to do with the version of DirectX installed. The product into which the addons are installed is the deciding factor.

FSX is a Directx9 game, with a nod toward DX10. There are no - nada, zero, NONE, features of DX11 implemented in FSX. Therefore the question is irrelevant.

BionicCrab will be able to tell you all about DX11 and Prepar3D...

As far as I know...

Yes, Windows 7 does come with DX11, but it will only work if you have a DX11-compatible graphics card.

FSX, however, runs under DirectX 9 (or DX10 preview, if you have that checked. However, this is not recommended). Most graphics cards sold today are DX11 compatible, but will also work with DX9 and DX10. But since FSX runs under DX9, it will not be affected whatsoever by DX11. That goes for all addons as well.

Take it from me - I'm running a system with Windows 7 64-bit, and I have an Nvidia GTX 580, which is a DX9/10/11 GPU. No problems at all - FSX works fine. A lot of flight simmers have Windows 7, and many say it is the best operating system for FSX.

Oh, right. And you don't need to uninstall anything - you should just run the Direct X 9 web installer (http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=35) to make sure that your DX9 version is up to date (because that is what FSX uses).

Hope this helps. :)

Direct X9 is already installed on your machine, as is DX10 and DX11. FSX supports primarily DX9 only though it does have a DX10 preview mode. All addons are compatible with DX9, some are also DX10 preview mode compatible. DX11 is of no relevance to FSX or any FSX addons.

EDIT: wow, 3 simultaneous repsonses!

Yes, yes, but the question was about Aerosoft addons, not FSX specifically. I thought you'd been playing with Aerosoft stuff in P3D? Is that product DX11 compatible?

DX11 is for the next update. We'll have to wait and see how the hardware reacts... you never know there could be a slight improvement. I'm not pinning my hopes on it, just praying it's not buggy like the last preview. In order for a real difference to happen someone needs to develop an aircraft that uses DX guages only instead of the the CPU driven GDI+ guages we have now. My guess Carenado might be first to market on that, as they've already gained the experience required in the X-plane realm.

Hi

There is something that I don´t understand and if the question is about FS addons from aerosoft or from other company, it is related to FSX as well, because nothing runs without FSX ;)

DX11 is installed but DX9 is there as well? Do I need to run directX 9.0c and it will go over DX11? Or I just leave it like that? I am using Windows 7 ultimate 64 bits... I am using GTX580 as a videocard.

harpsi

On Windows 7 all the DirectX versions (going back to 2005) are installed as part of a single package. Your computer simply chooses which one to use based on which gpu you have and which game you are playing. Here is a list of games with DX11 support - note that all these games are also DX9 compatible for those who have older graphics cards. Games not mentioned in this list (like FSX) will use DX9.

The way I look at it is in terms of the .DLL export table. DX9 function calls are say numbered from 1 to 10000. When they make DX11 they start at function number 10,001. You can have it that a function that calls in the DX9 range is actually rerouted to a modern DX11 function call instead.

This is actually the windows model for a lot of things.

Well, I understand all the explanations but none of them answer directly to my question. I would like an answer like "yes or no" to the question "do I need to install DirectX 9c over DirectX 11 or should I leave it like that?" ;) As I understood I should leave it like it is now...

harpsi

DirectX in all flavours is updated from time-to-time. DirectX forms a core part of the installation system, so like Windows itself, it may need updating from time to time...

However, if all this is beyond you don't touch anything at all. If there is a problem with FSX you will soon know. If there isn't then there is no need to update.

DirectX in all flavours is updated from time-to-time. DirectX forms a core part of the installation system, so like Windows itself, it may need updating from time to time...

However, if all this is beyond you don't touch anything at all. If there is a problem with FSX you will soon know. If there isn't then there is no need to update.

Roger sir ;)

harpsi

If you have a look at the system requirements of FSX, you'll see it says "DirectX 9.0c OR HIGHER". So if you have DX9c or higher installed, there is nothing you have to worry about ;)

Not the case at all.. But I'll let it slide as your inept statement has no direct bearing on harpsi's question...

bionicCrab might not be so accommodating.

This forum is subject to peer review.

Snave: As long as the original poster gets it, I try to ignore the rest of the statements. And yes the statement is clearly wrong... but at the same time DirectX is used in so many contexts that in the correct context that statement might actually be true :)