Phase 4 - Concluded!!! - Winners announced inside

OleAndreasen

Alright guys. I hope you are all well rested from the struggles in phase 3, because - Phase 4 is about to start.

Phase 4 consist of 12 legs of flight, and will take you from Kai Tak, via the Himalayas to VRMM - Male, in the Maldives.

The flight will start on October 9. at 20.00Z and end 4 weeks later - November 6. at 20.00z

I would like to point out that this is 28 days to fly 12 flights, and I will NOT tolerate any delays this time. Either you finish in time or you don´t finish at all, which would be a shame, as then only phase 5 and the chance of becomming the overall winner remains.

so PLAN your time and finish on time!

The route is shown here.

ZJHK Meilan

VVNB Noibai Intl

VLLB Luang Phabang

VYYY Yangon Intl

VGCB Cox's Bazar

VEBD Baghdogra AB

VNLK Lukla

VNKT Tribhuvan Intl

VEPT Patna

VANP Nagpur

VOPC Puduchery

VCBI Bandaranaike

VRMM Male Intl

Phase%25204%2520-%2520Map.jpg

Attached - a .kmz file so you can view the route in Google Earth.

Phase 4.kmz

Oh I forgot one thing.

For phase 4 the SCREENSHOT competition will be themed. Please upload as many screenies as you want, but for the competition I will be looking at pics in this Theme.

"From the Top of the world"

This is the theme guys. You have plenty of choice for what you think of, when you read "From the top of the world" but of course we are going through the Himalayas so some brilliant mountain pics would be obvious, but your imaginations are the roof gentlemen.

Good luck

Time to get some practice in the Twotter for Lukla. I'm in two minds about buying the scenery. It would be good to get the runway slope and stuff all correct, but I'd probably never use it again, so it works out as quite expensive.

well if you ask me I say get it. there are some packs that are 'gotta haves' like Lord Howe Island, Dillinger and Lukla. Not because I fly there so often, BUT when I do, I'm always breathtaken. Lukla is in the middle of wonderful mauntains. AND it's on sale.

Gentlemen - no idea sitting around in the weekend, waiting for Sunday 20.00z,

SO

If you have time to spend - then

START YOUR ENGINE - and get flying.

Phase 4 is of this moment open for flights.

Thats good news :)

Ive been planning a few legs, and each leg is a very long flight in a prop plane, witch for me becomes very boring, fast.It wasnt so much of a problem with the other phase's as there wasnt as many long legs as there is in this phase.For instance the first leg, in a fast twin prop, ( for me the Duke) will take 2H 20mins - change to a jet, and that changes to 45 minuites.A much more doable time for me personaly, with a flight time i can enjoy, rather than feeling like a chior.( or hitting AP and walking away :rolleyes: )

Dont get me wrong, im very much enjoying it :)

BUT - whats the chances of having a bit of leeway on the amount of times we can use each aircraft?

Thats good news :)

Ive been planning a few legs, and each leg is a very long flight in a prop plane, witch for me becomes very boring, fast.It wasnt so much of a problem with the other phase's as there wasnt as many long legs as there is in this phase.For instance the first leg, in a fast twin prop, ( for me the Duke) will take 2H 20mins - change to a jet, and that changes to 45 minuites.A much more doable time for me personaly, with a flight time i can enjoy, rather than feeling like a chior.( or hitting AP and walking away :rolleyes: )

Dont get me wrong, im very much enjoying it :)

BUT - whats the chances of having a bit of leeway on the amount of times we can use each aircraft?

Maddz.... This is one rule that will stand, Im afraid. This was one of the flagships that Matt and I decided when we talked about the RTWC. This is to ensure diversity in the flying. Sorry but no changes here.

Phase 4 consist of 12 legs of flight

I counted 12 legs so whoops on my part

sorry for not paying attention, maybe I was subconciously scared of this one

here is an updated template with the runway length etc

Phase 4 scoring template.zip

Hi Dale,

I think you put Lukla in at the wrong leg. I will check the leg distance once my current flight is complete and try to post a correction.

Kind regards

Manuel

Guys...

I feel an urge to sing a song - About the ten little Indians. - all falling out one by one...

When we started this Challenge there were 12 people present. All who didnt have FSFlyingSchool, got a FREE copy - and got it by promising to actually fly the Challenge.

Not we are down to 5 contestants. Matt and I have put a considerably large amount of work into this, and we got sponsors to donate free copies of software for the challenge.

I really hope that we can have the remaining lot to finish this. We are on Phase 4 out of five, so I understand that you are tired and all - I know that feeling very well in round the world flights, but I urge you all to keep going.

I also want to say that should we get down to being 4 or less people left, I am going to close up. I don´t want to sound grumpy, but on the other hand I have met your requests in every way I could, changing rules here and there, and I think we owe to the sponsors, to Matt and to yourselves, to stay in here and come home.

The feeling when you land in Andras Field after finishing such a big tour, is also SO great - I know, I have done it, so pursue this gentlemen.

12 flights in 4 weeks... thats 2½ days for each flight. it should be possible. Please!

On my side, you got 100% focus in finishing this. I'm having lot's of fun! Not even caring much about Whittle or "Smithers" these days!

Every spare minute I got, I get some flying done, to make sure I fulfill the deadlines. Sometimes I have to "pause" for 24hrs, but what the hell...

My dream of arriving on formation at Andras still stands! And Ole, you should meet us on your private plane for the last leg of the last phase!

Edit: Here's a screenie... Currently making good progress towards Bagdogra, India.... That should be about halfway through Phase 4!

2011-10-15_13-36-56-110.jpg

• Upvote 1

Don't worry, I will get this done some way or other. I'm enjoying it too much to give up now. I've been out with a back problem for the last week, hence no progress. That's cleared up now so I'll be off in the next day or two, and I'm planning to do 3 legs this week, then continue in pretty much the same vein.

Hi just seen that this phase has 13 legs, not 12 as indicated above (or I badly miscounted). Are we free about which plane we use 4 times instead of 3?

The odd one out can be thw twin otter for the lig into Lukla. Check Ole's special thread on this subject here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php/topic/48875-a-brief-note-on-phase-4/

And good flying ;-)