Mega Airport Dusseldorf (product released, topic closed)

Folks,

Just keep in mind that EDDM had been in production for almost 3 years since the 1st announcement. Then do the math.

PS. Personally, I'd like to have EDDF updated for the 3rd runaway and new terminal.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks,

Just keep in mind that EDDM had been in production for almost 3 years since the 1st announcement. Then do the math.

PS. Personally, I'd like to have EDDF updated for the 3rd runaway and new terminal.

+1, but after Düsseldorf please ;)

And for the case the German Airports Team is bored after the release of Düsseldort I wouldn't mind a complete new Frankfurt scenery. The "old" one is getting a little bad, compared to newer scenerys.

i think EDDM had interruptions in the development. also keep in mind Munich is *somewhat* bigger than Dusseldorf. i would expect EDDL to be done in a shorter time frame than EDDM.

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo, mich würde interessierenob der Skytrain auch umgesetzt wird?

=Are you also planning to do a driving skytrain which is connecting the main Terminal with the railway station?

+1

Any (new) news on this?

PS: Can you also place some lights on both visitors terrace's of the airport to simulate when a photo has been taken. Cause there many plane spotters there (in real life) and they keep shooting like hell all the time. Just go there when a triple 7 arrives: click click click click click click... :banghead1_s:

Hallo, mich würde interessierenob der Skytrain auch umgesetzt wird?

Ohne den wäre Düsseldorf doch nicht Düsseldorf ;)

Most passengers use the Skytrain befor boarding a plane, so it would be almost as important as the jetways are :)

• Developer

PS: Can you also place some lights on both visitors terrace's of the airport to simulate when a photo has been taken. Cause there many plane spotters there (in real life) and they keep shooting like hell all the time. Just go there when a triple 7 arrives: click click click click click click...

No, because the plane spotters are not so stupid to use a flash on distance shots :)

No, because the plane spotters are not so stupid to use a flash on distance shots :)

Good one, my thoughts exactly. The flash equipment you would require to get half decently exposed pictures at that distance would be a major hazard to the operations in and out of eddl. :)

Andrew

Folks,

I'd like that, too!

But I'm also looking forward to dusseldorf...

See post #50 for that.

BTW, I'm sure Aerosoft announced this just because the Düsseldorf Freeware was released a few days befor this announcement. So they announced this officially so that they don't loose to many customers to the freeware scenery.

Please make sure that the control tower displays the correct white/white aerodrome beacon at night, as FSX only has green/white for civil and green/white/white for military airport beacons.

Folks,

Dimon: You are not the only one concerned about EDDF. The taxiways need to be updated and the new tower north of Taxiway N8 needs to be added. Additionally, the aerodrome beacon atop that tower needs to display rotating white/white, as FSX only has green/white for civil airports and green/white/white for military airport beacons. I imagine that MSFS programmers forget that Europe has non-FAA set of regs.

I imagine that MSFS programmers forget that Europe has non-FAA set of regs.

yeah unfortunately in FSX (and previous versions as well) the FAA has taken over the entire planet. also thinking about transition levels, atc phraseoligy, altimeter settings (inches and not milibar) etc.

hopefully that will be more real to life in FLIGHT. if it ever makes it to the shelves.

yeah unfortunately in FSX (and previous versions as well) the FAA has taken over the entire planet. also thinking about transition levels, atc phraseoligy, altimeter settings (inches and not milibar) etc.

hopefully that will be more real to life in FLIGHT. if it ever makes it to the shelves.

You know that you can set the altimeter settings to hPa in the menus?

really? i have never seen that option. and i thought i had seen them all...

since i am flying around europe these days i just found that setting and changed it. thanks!

Go to Settings -> General -> Units of measure and change this to hybrid to have your pressure in mbars / hpa

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I like dusseldorf, there is already dusseldorf for fs2004, (in german airports (3) ?) but its not seperatetly installable!

SO when i have activated german airports 3 i cant also activate Seperatly aorports like Bremen, or Hannover (the later released versions). ... because they loop through eachother...

So thats why i think this airport must be released for FS9.

the runway textures are awesome

Where do you tell this from? Do you have any inside information I don't have?

From what we've seen so far you can't tell this.

just judging from the early screen shots but it probably wont turn out like that

Archived