My Alternative to Aerosoft FBW v0.8f2 - NO FSUIPC

Joshua Che.

post-27228-0-22516100-1314628788_thumb.p

Introduction:

I have seen many people here due to nose drop or any other FBW problems, disable the FBW.

I have used xml to program a FBW gauge using XML and is still in beta. I need feedback on the gauge to improve it.

This gauge is in no way related to aerosoft and its for your own personal use.

This FBW does nor require FSUIPC.

WARNINGS:

THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH MERGES!

BACKUP FIRST

FSX MUST BE CLOSED WHEN INSTALLING

Installation:

Run the appropriate .exe patcher that will patch your files. There are four patchers.

Recommend to install one patcher first and test out then apply all.

and change joystick sensitivity to

~about sensitivity 5

post-27228-0-13207700-1309793303.png

Please Feedback on how real it is compared to the real a320.

LATEST VERSION: V0.8f2

excl.gif THOSE WHO UPDATED TO V0.8b ,0.8c V0.8c2 MUST perform below instructions and UPDATE to the latest version excl.gif

Please go to your <Microsoft Flight Simulator X Folder>\SimObjects\Airplanes\aerosoft a32<0/1> <iae/cfm> delete aircraft.cfg and rename aircraft.cfg.bak to aircraft.cfg

DOWNLOAD:

Direct from Aerosoft:

http://forum.aerosof...-fbw-code-beta/

Mirror:

http://dl.dropbox.co...EBETAv0.8f2.zip

CHANGELOG:

V0.1 -

First Release

V0.2 -

Added Bank Limit Protection (66 limit)

Refinments to FBW Pitch

v0.3 -

Added Bank angle protection (more than 33 , rollback. Need constant sidestick)

Futher refinments to pitch

Use dup2 as patcher for most users dont know how to modify.

Added Pitch Protection

v0.4 -

Added Bank Angle Hold (Will hold bank angle when zero sidestick input)

Cleanup in to a .cab file

Improved G-force accuracy

v0.5 -

Flare Mode. (Autotrim Freeze and some trim down to force pilot to flare)

Fixed Alieron Trim and Autopilot conficts.

Fixed Autotrim active on ground

v0.6-

Fixed Serious Oscillation after hand-flying for a while.

v0.7-

Improved Default Flare. (GlideSlope should be fixed as well XD)

Fixed patcher not patching A320IAE files correctly

v0.7b -

Should fix all patcher woes.

Fixed Nose down input take a long time for the FBW to trim properly.

v0.8-

Rudder Fix! (Really need testers on this one!)

Compatibility fix with LH1711 More Callouts.

v0.8b-

Refinments to Rudder Turn Coordination

v0.8c & v0.8c2 & v0.8c3 -

Patcher Woes again... :mad:

v0.8d-

Forced Auto Coordination for rudder.

Increaed Trim down for Flare (But still not too much)

v0.8e-

Fixed G-Force Accuracy. (No more FSpassengers upset.)

V0.8f-

Re-coded Flare logic from airbus FCOM.

Autotrim re-coded. More instantaneous triming after neutral now. (Need Feedback ^_^ )

Uninstaller included now. (Beta. May be unreliable).

V0.8f2-

Fixed incorrect Flare Logic. (Included in v0.8f the wrong file).

Upcoming Versions (to be implemented)

- Stall Protection (Not alpha floor, but it is to keep the AoA from reaching stall)

- Overspeed Protection (Need to research)

- Any other sugestions for FBW only?

LEGAL STUFF

This mod is released as FREEWARE. You may use and modify it in any way you wish, but

you may NOT use it in any kind of money-making endeavor, and you may NOT publicly

distribute any copies of it , whether modified or not, without my permission.

Regards,

Joshua Che

• Upvote 5

NOTAM laugh.gif :

Guys,

I have released a new FBW that require FSUIPC here

Regards,

Joshua Che.

From now on minor updates (usually no new features will be named with a,b,c etc.) while major update (new features) will be given a new number.

excl.gif THOSE WHO UPDATED TO V0.8b ,0.8c V0.8c2 MUST perform below instructions and UPDATE to the latest version excl.gif

Please go to your <Microsoft Flight Simulator X Folder>\SimObjects\Airplanes\aerosoft a32<0/1> <iae/cfm> delete aircraft.cfg and rename aircraft.cfg.bak to aircraft.cfg

• Upvote 1

Thank you Joshua !

You are a genius. It changes completely the way of flying this Airbus.

As you are a genius, if you could create a xml gauge to change this start up and the N1 going to 100% ...

Thank again !

Mike

Thanks for the comments. Really appreciate it . However, did your find it the bank protection is a little too rough?

And to reply about the throttle issue, I might do it during my spare time. My test are all coming and I need to study. It requires reworking the whole aerosoft FADEC. However i believe it can be done but i would want to finish polishing the FBW before going on to FADEC.

EDIT: Here I want to credit aerosoft in its open design. Please contnue the "tradtion" of open design. If not, i will not be able to make this kind of modifications.

ANSWERS ABOUT MODIFICATION TO FADEC:

The Aerosoft Engine Modelling is accurate in providing accurate thrust. However, the drawback is as airspeed increases the N1 decreases inorder to output an accurate max thrust. Many developers have gone around this problem by programing a fake (or rather accurate) N1 reading on to their gauges (FSX Engine Modelling provides inaccurate low N1 at high alt). Alternatively, developers can allow super high N2 at higher mach with accutate N1 with a Custom coded PID Controller to control the Engine. However, I don't have experince in modifying Fight dynamics. Unless the Engine modelling is Option 2, I can't do anything. It is up to Aerosoft on their decision here.

Hi Joshua,

I' ve tested yesterday night the FBW doing some T/O and LDG, I will take a look with the bank but I didn't note nothing "particular" with it.

You did a really great job ! I'm looking for your future work ! well done !

Regards

Okay After doing research and investigation, I determined the throttle problem is related to FDE. The relationship between CN2 and air ratio or whatever is affecting the N1 as speed increases. Aerosoft needs to fix this. I am no FDE expert and hence I cant fix FDEs.

On FBW, I will be releasing v0.4 soon.

RELEASED FBW v0.4!

Joshua

Should this work good for Autoland? Since default system of this plane cant do an smooth autoland, i dediced try this. I was landing an A320 with this. Well then all looked good but then Autopilot red light started blinking, IDK what that means because im new in this plane so i dediced to continue and you know what happened... Crash... What caused it? My error or weather, weather was default FSX Fogged in.

Should this work good for Autoland? Since default system of this plane cant do an smooth autoland, i dediced try this. I was landing an A320 with this. Well then all looked good but then Autopilot red light started blinking, IDK what that means because im new in this plane so i dediced to continue and you know what happened... Crash... What caused it? My error or weather, weather was default FSX Fogged in.

Any Pictures? In the meantime, I will look into it. Thanks for your Feedback.

Edit: My guess is autopilot disconnected. I will look into it.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Any Pictures? In the meantime, I will look into it. Thanks for your Feedback.

Edit: My guess is autopilot disconnected. I will look into it.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Tried again to land with this but this time with A321, well all was going OK and in about 60 feet it didnt flare so i disconnected AP and Autothorttle and tried to land manually, and.. Hard Landing and one tire exploded.. So should this flare when doing autoland? This time the autoland light didnt blink so everything went fine but it didnt flare or i disconnected AP too early. So the question is should this flare when doing autoland? Because i really want Airbus X to make an autoland, default FBW doesnt flare and does hard landing and i dont know about this, so do you know should this flare when doing autoland? If this aircraft cant make autoland in FSX.. That means BACK TO BOEING for me.. I really want make Airbus X make an smooth autoland.

Tried again to land with this but this time with A321, well all was going OK and in about 60 feet it didnt flare so i disconnected AP and Autothorttle and tried to land manually, and.. Hard Landing and one tire exploded.. So should this flare when doing autoland? This time the autoland light didnt blink so everything went fine but it didnt flare or i disconnected AP too early. So the question is should this flare when doing autoland? Because i really want Airbus X to make an autoland, default FBW doesnt flare and does hard landing and i dont know about this, so do you know should this flare when doing autoland? If this aircraft cant make autoland in FSX.. That means BACK TO BOEING for me.. I really want make Airbus X make an smooth autoland.
<BR> <BR>Yes it should autoland with Flare. I tried it and by v/s is about -400ft and yes, you disconnected autopilot to early.

<BR>Thanks for reply. So i dont have disengage AP and it disconnects on when landed?<BR>
<BR><BR>Yes. However, I am testing a new code for the Flare but it is not ready yet.<BR>EDIT: v0.7 to fix glideslope issues.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Joshua Che.

<BR><BR>Yes. However, I am testing a new code for the Flare but it is not ready yet.<BR>EDIT: v0.7 to fix glideslope issues.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Joshua Che.

Nice, i hope you get autoland working, because it did 440 ft/min landing without disengaging the AP and my tire exploded. (FSPassengersX will put the tire explode if i do too hard landing)

So i hope you can get glideslope and flare things working, since still it's doing hard landing and thats why i hope you can make it flare good so it lands smoothly, well i use QualityWings 757 and wait next version of this and let's hope you get Autoland Flaring working so we can get smooth nice landings with this Airbus too.

Nice, i hope you get autoland working, because it did 440 ft/min landing without disengaging the AP and my tire exploded. (FSPassengersX will put the tire explode if i do too hard landing)

So i hope you can get glideslope and flare things working, since still it's doing hard landing and thats why i hope you can make it flare good so it lands smoothly, well i use QualityWings 757 and wait next version of this and let's hope you get Autoland Flaring working so we can get smooth nice landings with this Airbus too.

V0.7 OUT NOW!:lol: It would be great to get the feedback from you.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Hi !

I will try this new release when I get back from holidays. I was very impressed by your work for the beta 0.4.

If I'm not mistaken, the effects of FbW were very well rendered (I start to climb by pulling the stick and the bus keep the pitch if I release the stick) : in the beta 0.4, to climb and to move right and left, no problems in my opinion, but impossible to keep the pitch when I try to descend. But I don't know if the problem come from the FbW or from my saitek yoke .... Another problem is the oscillation in the roll axis ...

A little question : if I ask for a certain rate of climb, and if I try to reduce or increase the thrust, will the airbus try to keep the rate of climb (by changing the pitch) in the reality and in your addon ? I didn't have the time to test it in all situations. But I will try with this new release and let you know my feedback.

Anyway It's a very good job !!

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback as always. The issues you mentioned:

1. Nose down input take a long time for the FBW to trim properly.

I will fix it sometime soon. I just realised this bug yesterday.

EDIT: After investigation, For my FBW to stablise trim, stick MUST Be centered. Maybe you want to set bigger NULL Zone settings for your joystick?

EDIT: After futher investigation, I realised my code took too long to sense the joystick position hence triming it more than it needed.

V0.7b Fixed

2. Roll Axis Oscaliation

It was fixed in v0.6.

3. Changing Thrust result in nose up or down.

This one of my FBW limitations but its only +/- 1 degrees. I have been trying to improvised the code for this. And no, it does not happen in the real Airbus.

Hope to hear your feedback on v0.7 soon!

Regards,

Joshua Che.

V0.7 OUT NOW!:lol: It would be great to get the feedback from you.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Hi,

I've tried this and I must say I'm impressed!

Your FBW is much better than the Aerosoft one and I'm looking forward to your next version and further "patches" for the Airbus.

BTW, I'm having the issue that when I use the rudder in flight and I make a full nose right input the aircraft is maintaining this rudder position and even though I make a full rudder left after that it's (the rudder) still going to the right when I'm putting the aircraft in a turn.

One question: As you've said that this is a Aerosoft custom FBW, I don't understand, is this the new FBW for the pro version of the Airbus X or is this a complete new programming done by yourself?

Regards

Emi