Mega Airport Zurich 2012 released

• Aerosoft

It's a Mega airport we are rather proud of as it look great, runs fast and is even future proof (as it shows the completed buildings where there are just building sites now). It's Mega Airport Zurich 2012, you'll find it here: http://www.aerosoft-shop.com/products/zurich/zurich.html and it looks like this:

aerosoft_zurich_42.jpg

aerosoft_zurich_15.jpg

aerosoft_zurich_43.jpg

Oh and yes we do know there are some other Zurich airport scenery products around. And they even look pretty good. But we had to do ours for our professional portfolio and we think ours looks a lot better.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BE ADVISED : It's only for FSX released (for now)

At Aerosoft: Please make this bold/red on the order page.

(Yes, I know it is printed on the page, but it doesn't stand out. Consequently I didn't noticed.)

Also please adjust the forum message, indicating it is for FSX only at this moment

One word: AMAZING!

I purchased it for its proximity to Andras Field, my home field so to speak.

What stands out for me: the amazing amount of ground traffic with (for me) nominal frames: 12-15 on the ground, 30 high up in the air. And smooth too, no stutters.

I took some pics (too much I guess, couldn't stop). Too bad in a pic you can't see all the vehicles driving like they did. No air traffic I'm afraid, since I was flying online on the Aerosoft server.

Well done Aerosoft!! A must buy!!

post-25123-0-10055800-1308164013.jpg

post-25123-0-23558200-1308164017.jpg

post-25123-0-18101800-1308164021.jpg

post-25123-0-74107800-1308164024.jpg

post-25123-0-93244500-1308164027.jpg

post-25123-0-40756100-1308164034.jpg

post-25123-0-86373100-1308164037.jpg

post-25123-0-84205000-1308164041.jpg

post-25123-0-01560900-1308164045.jpg

post-25123-0-19338400-1308164048.jpg

Its a nice scenery, bud why are the wheels of the Baggagecars, Bagage container dollys and airstairs not round

Simple, to a computer a circle is a shape with an infinate number of sides which equals an infinate numbert of polygons which = moaners saying my frames are too low, oh no!!!! Blah blah blah

Hi,

Bought Zurich 2012 and must say I'm very impressed :rolleyes: (and yes I also have the other one :P )

It's very detailed and especially the ground images are very nice. Look at the light pools (I never saw this lights in any airport scenery)

Here are some quick taken pictures. Oh, and the frames are very acceptable for this kind of airport (detail an lots of aircraft), on my system around 20 FPS.

post-21864-0-97010100-1308172348.jpg

post-21864-0-48999700-1308172351.jpg

post-21864-0-61160300-1308172355.jpg

post-21864-0-84799100-1308172358.jpg

post-21864-0-40322300-1308172361.jpg

post-21864-0-42044200-1308172353.jpg

post-21864-0-55945100-1308172345.jpg

(REX,UTX, SwissPro installed)

Keep up the great work Aerosoft ;)

Ah, I've been waiting for this scenery. One more nice one from Aerosoft. Good job!

Only what is that thing with the "Aerosoft launcher"? Is that something that is going to be there in future productions also? I did not run it at first and got a dark airport (at night) when I took an IFR to Zurich after the casual installation. Not even the default runway lights were on. OK - it works fine but I just have to wonder why this launcher?

The scenery is amazing thou. One of your best. So, as a Finn I would like to know when you people are gonna give us Helsinki-Vantaa?

Ah, I've been waiting for this scenery. One more nice one from Aerosoft. Good job!

Only what is that thing with the "Aerosoft launcher"? Is that something that is going to be there in future productions also? I did not run it at first and got a dark airport (at night) when I took an IFR to Zurich after the casual installation. Not even the default runway lights were on. OK - it works fine but I just have to wonder why this launcher?

The scenery is amazing thou. One of your best. So, as a Finn I would like to know when you people are gonna give us Helsinki-Vantaa?

The luancher is there to prevent piracy, you will need to activate the airport via the launcher. Did you not read the manual?

Its a nice scenery, bud why are the wheels of the Baggagecars, Bagage container dollys and airstairs not round

Possibly optimising the scenery, perfectly round tyres equals more polygons meaning more processor power meaning less, well you know ;)

The luancher is there to prevent piracy, you will need to activate the airport via the launcher. Did you not read the manual?

With all do respect but why would I not assume that the installation in MAZ works as it used to in previous Aerosoft sceneries? I have bought many sceneries from Aerosoft and none of them came with a "launcher" and they all install the same way so why would I feel the need to read the manual if I was not to expect any difficulties?

But like I said. The scenery works fine and piracy is bad even if I would hope that giving the registration key would be enough of "activation", but sure the hackers are skilled in their own evil way so.. now we know an activation will be needed in the future.

With all do respect but why would I not assume that the installation in MAZ works as it used to in previous Aerosoft sceneries? I have bought many sceneries from Aerosoft and none of them came with a "launcher" and they all install the same way so why would I feel the need to read the manual if I was not to expect any difficulties?

But like I said. The scenery works fine and piracy is bad even if I would hope that giving the registration key would be enough of "activation", but sure the hackers are skilled in their own evil way so.. now we know an activation will be needed in the future.

Hello Magnum,

With all due respect returned, the onus is on the customer to read the product page in its entirety and this includes the system specifications where it does state in a blue box "Online activation required". ;)

The Sreens just looks perfect. Do you think it will take a long time till the FS9 Version is available? I realy hope it will be added very soon :blush: .

Realy can't wait for it :-)

Kind Regards and thank you for the great work

Patrick

The Sreens just looks perfect. Do you think it will take a long time till the FS9 Version is available? I realy hope it will be added very soon :blush: .

Realy can't wait for it :-)

Kind Regards and thank you for the great work

Patrick

Hello Patrick,

That would all depend on how much of it was done previous to the FSX release.

Bought the product... Superb! I was happy to do my flight and wished for an delay :D so I can stay longer on the ground. But while on the ground in Zurich I saw a small- glitch I guess. I just wanted to ask is it is my PC's fault or the sceneries?

post-34540-0-41208600-1308586663.jpg

And one small thing that doesn't change anything

post-34540-0-15913500-1308588136.jpg

• Developer

At some systems it could happen, that the ATC will not offer a ILS/RNAV Approaches, when you fly into Zuerich at FS9.

Attached you find a replacement set for the AFCAD File in FS9. Please check before you replace the files, that the NE/SW Variant is active, the unzip this file to the Zuerich SCENERY Folder.

AFCAD Fix for FS9 only.zip

Having both versions of Zurich Im completely geeked with Aerosoft's... excellent as always and fps spot on (FS9)

thank you Aerosoft...special request on AES update :D please

cheers

a320-dlh-1.jpg

a320-dlh-2.jpg

a320-dlh-3.jpg

a320-dlh-4.jpg

a320-dlh-5.jpg

a319-dlh-z1.jpg

a319-dlh-z2.jpg

cheers

Excellent job as always Aerosoft - thank you!!

I must say especially at night it is amazing! I thought I had those small flies that are attracted to light on my screen/monitor, but it was in the scenery (when in tower view and one of the light post was in the way with the flies flying around it) :lol: :lol:

Thanks again for this amazing scenery - will definitely be flying from here more often now.

Regards.

• 2 months later...

Bought it today (box) and get ~2-3sec lasting freezes every 5-7 seconds when I'm within an area of ~8NM of the airport. Depends not on the airplane used (NGX same as standard C182), and the FPS between the freezes are stable around 15 (which is really fine for me). According to the Launcher I got the latest version. Any ideas...? It's unflyable at the moment.

Never experienced such a problem before, even not at EHAM.

Bought it today (box) and get ~2-3sec lasting freezes every 5-7 seconds when I'm within an area of ~8NM of the airport. Depends not on the airplane used (NGX same as standard C182), and the FPS between the freezes are stable around 15 (which is really fine for me). According to the Launcher I got the latest version. Any ideas...? It's unflyable at the moment.

Never experienced such a problem before, even not at EHAM.

Disable all 3rd party scenery including the Add-On folder except for Zurich in the scenery library and then recheck.

• 3 weeks later...

Just installed and activated the scenery and I am very impressed with the level of detail the scenery offers! However, when flying in daytime I do notice defects in the scenery when enabling Preview DX10 in FSX (light poles, airport vehicles). I have enabled the DX 10 Preview checkbox in the LSZH X Traffic toolbox for daytime flight and the defects remain the same. Should I just keep DX10 disabled at all times???

post-47507-0-19868900-1317478164_thumb.j

• Developer

Just installed and activated the scenery and I am very impressed with the level of detail the scenery offers! However, when flying in daytime I do notice defects in the scenery when enabling Preview DX10 in FSX (light poles, airport vehicles). I have enabled the DX 10 Preview checkbox in the LSZH X Traffic toolbox for daytime flight and the defects remain the same. Should I just keep DX10 disabled at all times???

Did you restart the FS, after you check the DX10 Box in the LSZHTraffictool. The change will be only active after the restart.

But officaly, the Scenery is not supporting the DX10 Preview Mode, so I could not say if other parts then the Vehicles maybe not working.

Did you restart the FS, after you check the DX10 Box in the LSZHTraffictool. The change will be only active after the restart.

But officaly, the Scenery is not supporting the DX10 Preview Mode, so I could not say if other parts then the Vehicles maybe not working.

I have restarted FS after checking DX10 box. Airport vehicles are fine but there is still defect with the airport lights. Maybe it is best to keep DX10 Preview off.

Archived