Problems with FSUIPC elevator trim

Dumpcore

First of all, this Katana is superb!! Thanks for this excelent addon, Katana is one of my favourites airplanes for VFR flights since FS2004.

I have found a problem with the FSUIPC elevator trim commands. The "Up" command doesn't work. I have tried to reload the plane, to reset all the settings, and to assign different keys without success.

Other problem related with FSUIPC is the "Reset elevator trim" command. It works only once, then doesn't work anymore.

This two problems are the same with 1.00 or 1.01 version.

Regards.

I have found a problem with the FSUIPC elevator trim commands. The "Up" command doesn't work. I have tried to reload the plane, to reset all the settings, and to assign different keys without success.

You can use the FSUIPC button settings shown in the images for elevator trim up/down. It works in the Katana, and it gives you better control over how much trim is applied by each press of the trim button.

post-13960-0-87467900-1304179270_thumb.j

post-13960-0-21609600-1304179393_thumb.j

You can use the FSUIPC button settings shown in the images for elevator trim up/down. It works in the Katana, and it gives you better control over how much trim is applied by each press of the trim button.

post-13960-0-87467900-1304179270_thumb.j

post-13960-0-21609600-1304179393_thumb.j

I'll try that solution, or asigning an axis directly for that function. But the fact is that the elevator commands seem to have problems with this addon.

Thanks.

• Aerosoft

I'll try that solution, or asigning an axis directly for that function. But the fact is that the elevator commands seem to have problems with this addon.

Thanks.

If you can't use the default functions because they are too limited that's a risk you always run. It's a question of either making it less realistic / more compatible or more realistic/ less compatible.

As I explained, we build add-ons for FSX as Microsoft intended it first of all (as that covers the vast majority of users and then try to make it compatible with other add-ons.

If you can't use the default functions because they are too limited that's a risk you always run. It's a question of either making it less realistic / more compatible or more realistic/ less compatible.

As I explained, we build add-ons for FSX as Microsoft intended it first of all (as that covers the vast majority of users and then try to make it compatible with other add-ons.

I have made a cleanup of muy FSUIPC commands. Now I have asigned trim commands directly to joy buttons (not keyboard buttons), and all functions works perfectly. This includes:

TRIM ELEVATOR + (using trisager solution)

TRIM ELEVATOR - (using trisager solution)

TRIM ELEVATOR RESET (default function from FSUIPC)

TRIM ELEVATOR + and TRIM ELEVATOR - also works perfectly using default FSUIPC commands, but then the TRIM RESET fails. Trim commands from KATANA macro file still fail. The only solution that works perfectly is the showed above.

Thanks very much for your support, but is the first one I have such problems with an addon and FSUIPC.I am using latest FSUIPC version (4.70b)^_^

If sorry to report the trim issue with FSUIPC is not cleared here with the Trisager solution. I can move the trim up and down, but once the trim is moved to any new position it returns itself to 2 lights up from the bottom position on the indicator. No difference whether the joystick or the console switch is used to retrim. Other than that major bug I love this addon!!

Regards

Gary

The Katana uses the default elevator trim settings, nothing special. Only if there is a fault on the trim system it will remain in the same position. Is the trim circuit breaker in and electrical power?

If sorry to report the trim issue with FSUIPC is not cleared here with the Trisager solution. I can move the trim up and down, but once the trim is moved to any new position it returns itself to 2 lights up from the bottom position on the indicator. No difference whether the joystick or the console switch is used to retrim. Other than that major bug I love this addon!!

Regards

Gary

Assuming you've tried Marcels suggestions, I think it might be useful to know more about the controllers you use and the devices used to control them. It sounds like you might have some sort of `auto-trim` operating, either via FSUIPC or perhaps through a controller setting.

Thank you Marcel and Snave. It narrows it down when I know it's a standard FSX function used for trim. Having tried various tweaks with my Saitek X52, I was thinking on the same track as Snave suggested looking to see if a helicopter force trim was somehow causing the issue. Pleased to say it has been solved with nothing more than a fresh boot of the PC. :wub:

Thanks for the feedback and sorry to have wasted your valuable time, Obviously can't see the wood for the trees...

Gary