What's next? Pilatus PC-6 Turbo Porter!

After the DA20, the Porter is going to be great I sense. Looking forward to seeing this when it's ready. Good luck with the development work Marcel!

Andrew

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I have never been able to fly turbo props to a satasfactory level in FSX, I hope this will be different. Either way I will be purchasing it just to find out and to see all of the systems! :P

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh what an ugly beauty!!!

I'm getting this one for sure!

I'm happy to know there are some developpers that still take realistic modelling seriously. ;-)

After the Katana you Mr.

Marcel have earned my trust! Bring it on....

David DD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

A short status update on the Pilatus Porter:

During the development of the Katana I learned so much - I had to rework major parts of the PC-6. That took some time but was worth the effort. Not

only for a better performance but also for better and more dynamic materials.

In the middle of march the winter brake at our airfield ended and the D-FELI got back in the air. I had the possibility to attach a camera in the cockpit

and now have a full-HD video of every needle movement during operation. So I remodelled the behaviour of the gauges. For example some needles

move differently while switching electric Power off or on.

Regards,

Marcel

MF_PC6_120601_2045.jpg

Yeah, along with the Katana this could be my `go to` plane of choice for the `half hour hop` Straight up, straight down. Stop. Land.

and that last is no mistake! Outside of copters and AV8's, only this and the AN-2 are capable. :groupflip_s:

That looks pretty nice, I'm looking forward to this Marcel.

BTW, could you make a quick update on the Katy with a current ICAO chart and a current "Fliegertaschenkalender"? That would be nice!

I just flew up to Malcolm McKinnon airport in St. Simons Island today for some ribs (any US pilots based in the SE may know, or should know, Southern Soul Barbeque, so worth it if you get the chance), and saw N77DQ parked on the ramp, a Porter in a Flamingos livery for the parachute company there. VERY different livery, but none-the-less stoked the fire some more on looking forward to this for flight sim!

You can check out the info and see some pictures here: http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/N77DQ.html

Great news reading about progress on the other projects. Thanks for the information, Marcel.

During the development of the Katana I learned so much

I think that you can expect that your customers did the same, on another level of course. Learning how much system depth and details such a small and 'simple' plane can have. Thanks to your work (even including former releases like the Do), we can enjoy such items and feel a bit more like a Katana pilot. :) Keep up the dedication and love for the detail.

Good Job marcel!The Pilatus that you create will have only the livery of D-Feli or other Pilatus such as D-FSKY with which I was flying and I have in my photo?

Wow, even those scratches on the displays are present. Amazing detail! I wonder how the same shot looks like when the cockpit lights are on.

Good Job marcel!The Pilatus that you create will have only the livery of D-Feli or other Pilatus such as D-FSKY with which I was flying and I have in my photo?

As you may have seen I also do have connections with the D-FSKY. And I didn't make the decision yet whether to just do the livery or perhabs do the model with the cockpit etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Some updates on the development:

The ADF system is done in most parts.

Annunciators have been reimplemented. They were done already last year but as 2d gauge. At the moment, the only 2d gauges left are the displays of the engine instrumentation.

Functionality and sounds (can not be seen on the picture ;) ) of many elements in the cockpit.

The cabin has also been worked on as well as the windshield.

The systems are not very easy to implement as the pilots manual does not offer detailled informations. So I have to skim the maintenance manuals as well as documentation of the PT6A and check with the pilots and videos.

Alexander did some great improvements on the aerodynamics. It is a lot of fun to fly and challenging as well. :)

MF_PC6_120622_1830.jpg

Archived