Why there was a problem
We need FSX to do somethings it just will not do without intercepting the 'hard' link between the joysticks control axis and sim. For the Airbus we need it because in the real aircraft there is no such link and in the Huey because we want to make the flight characteristics a lot more realistic. Some people have multiple joysticks (or drivers that make fake inputs) and they could get into problems.
What this tool does
It allows you to assign axis to functions. So if you have two throttle controls you can tell the Airbus X which one to use.
We will always need joystick axis defined in FSX, so if you use any addon software (like FSUIPC) as the FSX joystick connector this fix will not do anything.
We ONLY intercept the throttle axis in the Airbus X and the aileron, rudder and elevator axis in the Huey X. If you got problems with any other, this will do nothing.
Do NOT use this tool if you do not have problems.
Q: Will using the Aerosoft Launcher require the Airbus to be activated online? A: No, it will just act as a platform for these configuration tools.
Q: Is there really no way to make the control axis easier to understand? A: We wish, we need to read the information from the registry and that's how it is called there.
- Download the new Launcher (it is version 1,006 at the moment) and install it. If you got any older versions it will just ask if it needs to update what you have installed.
AS_AEROSOFT-LAUNCHER_V1006.zip 9.09MB 1836 Number of downloads
- Start the launcher and it will look for add-ons that are supported
- It's always best to update the data files after you installed a new version (anyway it is a good idea to do this ones in a while). So click Extras | Updating the product information. The second option Check for Product-Updates is also a good suggestion if you think there might be updates. Note that there is NO data send to our systems. The Launcher knows what is installed and fetched the files it needs.
- So now the launcher is fully up to date. Now select Tools | Configure joystick. Note the Season option, that's another tool used by scenery products to change the seasonal textures.
- In the next screen the first thing you need to do is to confirm you understand this is ONLY intended for certain axis. We just what to make sure people are not getting more problems instead of less. So click the Show additional information button. Read the information there (it's more or less the manual) and confirm by clicking the little red thingy.
- After you changed the settings, click on Save settings and close windows. When needed the tool will now install a few new files in the panel folders of the aircraft. The original files will be renamed with a .back extension.
- That's all. The modules in the Airbus X and/or Huey X are now forced to the control axis you defined. If you have any questions about this tool please post a reply here.