open beta 1.01 update

• Aerosoft

Gents (ladies?),

Marcel made an update to version 1.01. We are releasing that as an 'open beta' to avoid having to put it through the lengthy process of testing. We are sure this update will solve a good deal of the issues reported, but if you are not sure you want to participate in a test, just wait a few days until the full official release is ready.

Sorry the post yesterday did not contain a file, the server problems bugged me.

• [NEW FEATURE] Quick Setup
  • [NEW FEATURE] Aircraft and cockpit cleaning through service.
  • [NEW FEATURE] Fuel quantity will be saved in Realistic Mode.
  • [FIXED] Battery recharges too fast during service.
  • [FIXED] Ident sound can be heard also NAV Ident knob is not pulled.
  • [FIXED] Some COM frequencies in realistic radio modes cannot be set.
  • [FIXED] Canopy can't be opened before using SHIFT+E when the aircraft has been loaded in parked condition.
  • [FIXED] Airspeed Indicator, Vertical Speed Indicator and Altitude Indicator not working in Simple Mode.
  • [FIXED] On some systems Attitude Indicator, GPS and other systems may quit duty after a while.
  • [FIXED] When a wheel frairing has been broken, no new one may be installed in the Equipment Menu.
  • [FIXED] If the engine is stopped inflight, the generator still works and the RPM indication is wrong.
  • [FIXED] Background lighting of the M803 clock doesn't work.
  • [FIXED] COM/NAV and Transponder mode settings are not saved.
  • [FIXED] Cabin Heat and Carb Heat labels wrong on some English cockpits.

AS_KATANA4x_FSX_UPD_V101.zip

• Aerosoft

I don't know what to say, this file is on the same server as the forum message and this is not in any way related to the exchange of our shop server. The server is hosted in the USA, has shown no downtime and there have been 243 completed downloads. I just downloaded it as a test, 3 seconds.

If it fails for you I suggest clearing the cache of you browser so you are not downloading from your own cache. With certain providers this is an issue we see rather often.

And also not succeeding. Oh well, the new Aerosoft servers will hopefully be up and running next week, and the full worked up patch will be

on the Aerosoft servers proper, or maybe the Katana download itself, wherever offered, will be up-dated, and can just be re-download. .

But just fyi: I'm in Vancouver, Canada and I've now tried three times: yesterday afternoon my time, yesterday evening, and early this morning,

and each of these times I tried three times, first with IE9, then Free Download Manager, then Firefox, and in all cases at all times failed around

the half way point. Also too, while it was running, the download speed never got much above 25 kbps (three seconds Mathius? Hokey smokes,

I'm envious).

One thing: per Free Download Manager which indicates such things, Resume is not supported. Which I guess means if there's any interruption

for whatever reason anywhere in the chain, the link will be broken and you'll have to start all over again.

As said, just fyi.

Thanks - Rob

Sorry Ron, I didn't see you post; it must have come in while I was typing, and then I had to run out to do shopping.

I did try your download link, it worked fine, and I got the complete up-date with no problems..

And in case anyone was wondering, I did put the download and the complete machine thorugh all of Norton's scans,

and everything came up clean (nothing personal, but on the internet, always, always safety first).

Thank you very much Ron. Now I'm off to try the beta, especially to see if it fixes the instruments in Simple Mode.

Thanks again and have a good evening! - Rob

• 5 weeks later...

I'd like to know when the non-beta update is coming out ?

I am waiting for that before purchasing.

Well this beta is working perfectly.. and the non beta is going to take a while longer so in the mean time you really do miss out big time...! You dont know what you are missing.. Anyway enjoy the time you sit an wait this out..!

Well this beta is working perfectly.. and the non beta is going to take a while longer so in the mean time you really do miss out big time...! You dont know what you are missing.. Anyway enjoy the time you sit an wait this out..!

BTW Mathias' post at the top says "A few days".

A friend told me it was good so I already bought it.

I'd like to know when the non-beta update is coming out ?

I am waiting for that before purchasing.

Why? It's your loss

this download keeps failing, i dont know what to do!

Hi, you probably have resolved your problem since a while but if not, this could help you, just disable your firewall before starting to load this update and everything should be ok.

I had the same trouble triyng to load another software and it had worked for me.

Cheers

Luc

• 1 month later...