Request: Autopilot

Sayuuk

Hey guys,

I really love this plane.

I've been thinking about doing an "around-the-world-tour" in a GA forever, however there's one thing I'd direly need for that:

the Autopilot

Autopilot STEC30 with Altitude Hold (requires optional HSI or Directional with HDG bug)

• Directional Gyro with heading bug (requires Autopilot STEC30)
    • GPSS (requires Autopilot STEC30)

[*]Horizontal Situation Indicator NSD 360A Slaved (requires Autopilot STEC30)

available as optional equipment according to the official Diamond website

Maybe something you could consider (at least for the Eclipse)?

Thanks, Stefan

P.S.: Would fit perfectly into the one empty spot left ;-)

I'd really like that =)

Same for me. Even though I don't even own the Katana yet, I always like to keep the plane flying safe while I'm going to the toilet or going to the door if someone comes or whenever. And I don't like to stop the simulation for that and also I don't like relying on the trims as wind can easily make the plane crash then.

You can access autopilot with a simple modification to the aircraft .cfg, same as with many other aircraft. Hdg hold and Alt Hold suffice for lavatory visits.

You can access autopilot with a simple modification to the aircraft .cfg, same as with many other aircraft. Hdg hold and Alt Hold suffice for lavatory visits.

Yep, and that's what I've done so far.

But for me it's more for those 4-5h over-water legs that are inevitable when flying around the earth, and I'd like to use only installed systems (meaning in the VC), not "cheat"-popups! =P

While I know what you mean, the fact is that FS in all tis flavours has NEVER properly modelled phugoid stability correctly, so with that and improper trim representation, it's a `fudge factor` that is actually improving realism, in a way. :rolleyes:

Sure.

In real life I can do without an autopilot most of the time, at least in this small class...

But back to my 4-5h over-water legs. I really don't want to sit there and look 4 hours at what FSX thinks an ocean should look like.... ;-)

• Upvote 1

Don't think I'd like that kind of duration in a semi-reclined Katana - the problem is that the designers forgot the basic lesson from gliders - semi-reclined positions only work with a proper headrest.

That, and the angles are all wrong for, erm, aiming when you have to, you know...?! :bigdrink_s:

2-3 hrs max for me, and I'm a seasoned motorcyclist who used to do consecutive 750 mile days, no problem... :blink: