Andras Field Round The World Challenge

Matt_Smith

I would like to request a change of aircraft from the MD11 to the PMDG 737 NGX.

Can I... Can I..... Can I....?? I'm dying to fly it........

It's my first and only change.

To keep things simple, a change is a change be it a A320 - A321 or a 737-300 to a 737-900. So if you were to say start out withe the default Lear (or any other jet aircraft) then purcharse NGX when it arrives you would be able to do that as your sole change for the challenge.

Since I'm running out of time (PC and graphics cards failures) and still have 4 and a bit flights to complete by this evening (Wife not talking to me!!!), I'm going to go ahead and substitute the 737 NGX for the MD11.

In a way having last minute equipment failures has made the challenge all the more real...

Will I make it in time?

Since I'm running out of time (PC and graphics cards failures) and still have 4 and a bit flights to complete by this evening (Wife not talking to me!!!), I'm going to go ahead and substitute the 737 NGX for the MD11.

In a way having last minute equipment failures has made the challenge all the more real...

Will I make it in time?

Take a few more days.... Its better you make it - (and wife talking to you) than you butt out of the comp. So use until Friday if you need. OK?

Take a few more days.... Its better you make it - (and wife talking to you) than you butt out of the comp. So use until Friday if you need. OK?

I hate to seem ungrateful Ole, but can the extension last until Sat 13th at 23.59Z? I still have 4 flights to do. Work gets in the way in the week and I am still getting FSX reinstalled after my rebuild (should finish tonight )

Thanks

Dale

• 3 weeks later...

Just tryed to fly leg 2 of phase 3, and some problems.. :eyepop_s:

All is explained here :

http://forum.aerosof...phase-3-scores/

Do i just restart the leg?

Actually the rules say to have ONE attempt per leg of flight. (unless PC-trouble was the cause of any problems) If you flew and stalled and crashed, this is a pilot error, and thus you should post a double zero score. Im sorry but those are the rules.

Sorry for being absent for a few days, having missed your post.

Hey Guys,

I'm sorry to say, I'll not be continuing the RTWC.

At the moment, I have too much other things on my head, and the fun of flying such strict legs with FSFS looking over my shoulder is gone.

I'm still flying, just not the RTWC.

To those of you who continue flying, have fun, and I'll see you around on the forum!

Lars

P.S. That doesn't mean that I don't want to know how I did in phase 2, of course :P

Hi Lars,

I am very sorry to hear that, and sincerely put on a vote that you carry on this adventure with the rest of us. I'm sure everyone else will be with me on this one.

Think of this as a nice escape from real life and "normal FSX routine". Sure Mr Smith/Whittle/whatever is a real nagger, and FSFS needs you to fly "It's Way" more than in the real world way, but it can be a nice challenge. For example I practiced a lot before the start of Phase 2 and got very nice scores all around, while after the break during summer the return is being a bit painfull... But so is everybody else's!

And more, I feel we owe it to Matt and Ole to continue this journey that they altruistically started, hence I'm doing everything possible to keep on going till the end!

Finally, and this is something I put on the table on this still early hour for the competitor's consideration, the end is still a bit far, but I really wish we could all do the last leg in formation, online on the Andras' online server for an arrival with stile!

After all this said, mate, really hope you reconsider and start getting some points in taht scoresheet of yours for Phase 3!

• Upvote 1

Really sorry to hear that you re going Lars.

C'mon man, we are half way around the world, you've got to fly halfway back anyway so you may as well carry on and give us some competition!!

Hope that you carry on as I was hoping to have some help with a little "necktie" party that I have planned for Whittle....

Dale

• Upvote 1