Time to catch up :-))

Chris Gordan

It's been so long that I needed to recover my login and password.

Blame David Morris for my surprise appearance.

When I saw what he did with the original SOAR Ranch, I was so amazed that I just had to stop by and see what's been going on.

It's wonderful to see old friends, including other "prodigal sons"-

MAX!!! You brilliant old tulip growing, wooden-shoed, cheese-headed misanthrope!

How the hell are you? I have missed our occasionally hilarious conversations. :-))

CG

Welcome back! We really never knew each other back then, but have had a few written conversations since then.

Blame David Morris for my surprise appearance.

When I saw what he did with the original SOAR Ranch, I was so amazed...

I never heard back from Don or David about how that project was going, and YES, the SOAR Ranch airport was really looking great. I had to bow out because of some other aspects of the project that wasn't too apealing to me.

Scott

Hmm...sounds like SOAR Ranch has not been released publicly yet.(?)

I hadn't even checked!

As to whether the version I have from David is finished or not, I'd guess that no fictional soaring paradise is ever really "finished" :)

Looking at all the static and dynamic scenery that's there now, I'd have to say that there's only one area that looks "under construction"...it's an area of generic buildings of untextured, basic colors, attached to the luxury resort on the lake. They certainly aren't necessary in and of themselves, so I'd guess that they might just be a "place holder for future detail.

David??

I also have to say that I've rarely if ever seen so many objects and detail, without framerates getting choppy. Whatever tricks and techniques David uses, results in framerates BETTER than a lot of FSX default scenery. :groupwave_s:

Hmm...sounds like SOAR Ranch has not been released publicly yet.(?)

Not that version anyway. It's been nearly 3 months now since I last heard anything, and I was under the impression it was being finalized. The airport itself looked super good, I didn't even get to really explore how it looked with seasonal changes. I was hoping to see the final version with just the airport released, because I've kinda used that ridge some where the resort was being situated, I would have hated to see the ridge cut down that much.

Scott