A big Barcelona problem

LH287

I have tried many, many different solutions to no avail. Every time I load a flight, 2-3 seconds after the flight loads (default cessna) FS freezes. I have been looking for a solution everywhere, but haven't found it.

any thoughts?

I checked and I don't have any conflicting sceneries, I do have ultimate terrain 2004.

Javier Alfonso

OK: I just did an uninstall - reinstall thing, same problem. it just freezes when loading. Tried on different airports, none have the same problem. I have installed in that area... Ground Environment PRO, Ultimate Terrain Europe 2004, REX textures, Simwing's Girona 2005 (it's not that far away) and AirHispania's Spain scenery with landclass and several other things, but I disabled it on the scenery library menu, and I still had the same problem. I checked and have no duplicate AFCAD files.

EDIT: I just chekced the scenery CFG file on the same folder as the FS9 cfg file, and even though FS9 does load the scenery (and then freezes with the aircraft on the runway) there is no actual entry on the scenery CFG file. I tried writing by hand a new entry myself, but it had no effect, it's still worth a llok for you guys.

Anybody?

Hello LH287,

Load FS9 at a different airport and then delete the entry you made by hand in the scenery library for Barcelona and then add it using the Add button.

If it still fails then please replace the default textures so you can discount them from causing the issue and also disable every 3rd party scenery including the Add On folder in the scenery library except for Barcelona and then see if it crashes.

If after that it still does, then backup your fs9.cfg to a safe place and then delete the original and allow FS9 to rewrite a new one on restart as it may be some conflicting setting in there.

OK, I tried just about everything and it didn't work. HOWEVER, I also run FSX, installed it and it works fine, and one thing caught my attention. I got something called Aerosoft launcher installed and it asked me to activate the product with the serial number, where as the FS2004 version never did... could this be caused because the FS2004 version is not activated? in wich case it might be an installer thing...

Hello LH287,

No the launcher wasn't used for this scenery.

Can you go to another airport and disable you AI Traffic so its set to zero.

Then close FS9 then restart it and then go to the airport.

I don't use AI traffic. I'm planning on doing a full FS9 re-install at some point, so I'll install Barcelona first thing then. At least I can use the FS-X version for now. Thanx anyway.

UPDATE:

I formatted the HDD and installed FS9 from scratch and LEBL was the first thing to go on, and it worked, Barcelona works in FS9 now. I'll keep an eye on it, as I install scenery I'll try load it and see what was causing the problem. I'll keep you updated.

Thanx