Over Bright Runway Lights

rocky

Hi guys, I'm sure this is an easy one to fathom, and I apologise if it has been already sorted. My issue is the over brightness of runway lights at Heathrow, they are great blurry, overlit, textures that really affect things, especially on approach at night. I have REX2 GEX Europe and UTX. Any help much appreciated,...

Hi Maddz, sure, I thought of that, but if I change the lighting in REX surely that will affect every airport?

I beleve you can change lighting in rex??

Ah, OK Matt. I'll uninstall and then pop it back in, thanks...

It also depends what order you installed your addons. UTX europe replaces a lot of light textures, so if installed after Heathrow it could well explane why

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just accidentely hit your post and do not know wether you solved your problem or not and still follow up.

I had a similar problem with several Mega Airports (Orly, Munich) and Innsbruck.

When still interested, check the german forum under Mega Airport and there the recent post regarding "Landebahnbefeuerung Orly". Oliver Pabst provides a Halo.bmp that not solved the problem completely but makes an acceptable result.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=15462

(I dont know, if this link works, if not go to the german forum).

Copy it into the fsx texture after taking off the existing Halo.bmp, which you shoul save before.)

Brgs

Bernd

Hey thanks for the tip Bernd. I made a point today to not install any more of the mega airports. By the time I have GEX, UTX, REX 2 and an add on aircraft flying out of Mega Heathrow, or somewhere similar, the framerates were just so absurdly low that I decided I'd sacrifice the time spent sat on the runway with nice scenery for better framerates! Sorry Aerosoft...:blush:

Hi,

I just accidentely hit your post and do not know wether you solved your problem or not and still follow up.

I had a similar problem with several Mega Airports (Orly, Munich) and Innsbruck.

When still interested, check the german forum under Mega Airport and there the recent post regarding "Landebahnbefeuerung Orly". Oliver Pabst provides a Halo.bmp that not solved the problem completely but makes an acceptable result.

http://www.forum.aer...attach_id=15462

(I dont know, if this link works, if not go to the german forum).

Copy it into the fsx texture after taking off the existing Halo.bmp, which you shoul save before.)

Brgs

Bernd