Navigational Display (ND) Runway Fix?

Stanner

Gentlemen.

In the Boeing PMDG products one can make a visual line on the Navigational Display (ND) of the destination runway. This is done using the FMC

"FIX" button. This visual line of the destination runway in the ND is of tremendous help in aligning the aircraft with the runway. The Airbus X

has the LS button, but this acts more like an NDB arrow in that it does not give visual display of the actual runway.

Is there a way to have the destination runway appear on the ND other than by a dot ? Approaching the dot it is difficult to gauge the exact angle of

the runway versus the aircraft.

If the answer is no, then can someone give me a tip on how to align the aircraft as it approaches the destination airport?

Thanks.

Stanner

PS I find all other aspects of this Airbus to be excellent, even the manula handling is fine once you shut off the IFC switches in the top left of the

overhead panel.

well what can i say airbus and boeing are diferent, so you cant get a visual runway like boeing but whit a waypoint on the same line that the runway like a fix it is posible if you know what the code it have not always from chart. but have a look here: http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=40676 as this is also about entering fixpoints in someway just for charts and in some way what you need.

and if you want something visual go try this program from my post here: http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=40854 and read on from this line "Add-on program have the solution read on"

As this program gives you all info you need and insert it to your flightplan whit sid and star and could be changesed as you like also in last minut and update flight plan the program is payware but free 1 month whit full program.

I think I found my answer. I used Flight Simulation X to build the flight plan, selecting waypoints near the destination airport which would line up the aircraft for the selected runway. It worked fine.

Captured the ILS etc.

Thanks.

Stanner